Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:35:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  endometriosis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: endometriosis  (Read 11456 times)
poemofhis

Hi.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:23:01 PM »

In January of last year I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis. It's been really tough to swollow. Last March I had a routine lap surgery to remove a cyst and it turned out to be much worse than the tests showed. The scar tissue in my abdomen was so intense it had filled my left ovary, attached the ovary to my pelvis and had began to grow in my lower left colon and bowels. Shortly after this procedure, in May, I had emergency surgery and one ovary removed. I am single and not dating anyone seriously so this is a matter pretty heavy on my heart.

Cry

I want to be a mother but, reality of this is, that I need to be prepared in case I'm not able to be. I realize God is GOD and all things are possible with him but this is a pretty difficult task. When I lost my job in April I lost my insurance so I'm not even sure if everything is 100% ok right now. In march I was hospitalized and they found the first cyst on my right ovary which I never got a chance to have checked out. It is very scary. But without insurance right now I just have to trust God. Bah... just writing this is making me sad.

I guess the biggest question here I have is, do any of you ladies suffer from this disease?
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:33:03 PM »

After I suffered the loss of my twins during childbirth, I had severe pain and questioned why it continued so long after the pregnancy. I had the laporoscopy and hystoroscopy and they had diagnosed me with endometrroisis. They had basically wondered how I had even gotten pregnant to begin with.They had said that the scar tissue was so severe it had completely shut down one ovary and almost shut down the next. My female organs and bowels had been pretty much glued together. It took a few more surgeries (1yr in between each) to get pregnant but it happened. I also have a problem with carrying babies. They don't know why, but I start contractions around 5 - 5 1/2 months. Fortunatley, I was on a better watch with my daughter and they put me on drugs to stop the contraction. It's a rougher road than the text book pregnancy but it happened. I didn't have cysts though. I have heard that is very painful. I will pray for you.
Good Luck!
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:23:31 AM »

Selina, I met a woman about 25 years ago we became friends she was 34 years old and had been married for 10 years and was unable to become pregnant because of endometriosis. That was the first time I had ever heard of such a thing, she wanted children so badly but had given up trying. Instead she got very close to my youngest who was a newborn at the time. Sometimes it seemed to me that she was so obbssed with my baby that I was afraid to leave her alone with her. Anyway she underwent a series of operations, and before my baby turned 2 she became pregnant, I had already moved out of Pa and to Fl, the last I heard she had given bith to a little girl.

I think that the possibilities depend a lot on the person's general health, their age, and pf course the treatments they undergo. But rest assured Selina, that you are the child of the best Physician that anyone can ever want, He not only knows all about you but He has a purpose for you. The only insurance you need is to believe on Him.
With God all things are possible. Talk to you heavenly Father about it, He will guide you. In the meantime my prayers are with you.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
poemofhis

Hi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 01:16:05 AM »

It is very unsettling and painful. I've began having lower back pain again and that makes me anxious. I haven't been able to be checked since losing my insurance in April. I try not to think about it but when familiar pains hit so does the fear and anxiety that satan loves to plague me with. Lately I've become a little down about being single - and not being a mother - with that desire so deeply rooted in my heart. It's tough.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 07:40:33 AM »

I will uphold you in my prayers sister.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
frogsfriend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 09:38:39 PM »

My dear Sister-in-the-Lord,

I, too, have endometriosis, and I suffered three miscarriages in between the two children that I was able to have.  God can do miracles, we all know that.  You only need one ovary to get pregnant, so we need to pray for protection over the healthy one. I pray that you get the proper medical attention that you need.  If it weren't for modern medicine (and faith, of course) my little Jacob would not be with us. 

A lot of people don't believe in alternative medicine, but I know that Dong Quai root (taken as a capsule or tea) is very good at regulating the menstrual cycle and used for overall female health.  I tried it for a while and it did help with the back pain and all other endo symptoms.  You can get this at any health food store or a major supermarket.  Yams are good, too.

You are in my prayers,

Smiley
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 07:08:33 AM »

Hello frogsfriend welcome to CU Forums it's nice to have you with us.  Cheesy

I am sorry to hear you also have endometriosis, but thank God you were able to bear children.
Where are you from sister?
I live in Florida  Cool

frogsfriend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 10:21:56 PM »

I live in Florida, too!  (I posted on the thread about the "spooky" pastor, but I didn't want to say where I lived for fear of having someone that knows about our church to run into my post!)  We live in a small world!
gina

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 09:44:47 PM »

hi,

i myself do not have endometriosis, but sister does and after having numerous surjeries, she now has a 6yr old son.  so keep on praying and i will be praying for you, if wants you to be a mother then you will be, you may not be a biological mother but you may want to look into adoption, or even foster care, there are alot of children out there just looking for someone to love them.  and if god has someone special in mind for you, just wait on him, god is the only one who can do it. just keep on praying.  and know that there are others out there praying for you to.

in christ's unending love,
gina
miraclemom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 12:28:56 AM »

Hello. I read your story and just wanted to say that I too my dear have been through the same thing as you all. I was diagnosed with endometriosis. And what some painful stuff to have. I to had never heard of it. I didn't know what to think when they told me that I would have to have surgery. I had miscarried with two children when I was finally diagnosed with this. I had really gave up. I wanted children so bad and when my doctor told me that I would never be able to carry a child I was devastated. I went home and cried my eyes out. My husband and I at the time decided that I try fertility. I went through that for about a year or so and nothing ever came about. So I quit. I just gave up. I told myself that if it was meant for me that the good Lord would give me that. I ended up going through my second divorce so I knew then that the good Lord didn't let me have those children for a reason. He knows what is going to happen to us and I feel that he didn't want me to be a single parent of two of my children. I later started dating a co-worker and we were engaged to be married and guess what? I got pregnant for the third time. I was really scared, but I kept thinking positive and praying to God everyday for my child to be born and healthy. What a miracle. I had a wonderful pregnancy and worked through the whole 9 months, not once got sick, took off work three days before my beautiful baby girl was born...She was very healthy at 8 lbs 12 oz. She really is my miracle baby. Her father and I didn't make it together and now I am that single parent, but I thank God everyday that I have her and I make everyday the best because I do have her. I since remarried and my husband and I now got pregnant two times and have lost both of them also. It is a painful process but always stay strong. It will happen when the time is right. My saying is this "Always keep your head up high and you will go far" Don't ever give up. Good luck to you and you are in my prayers also. God loves you and he will take good care of you
JACKIEOD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 09:34:29 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  However, from experience, I have good news for you.

My mother had endo so bad so actually ended up having a full hestorectomy.  My sister also has endo and she has had to go for serveral surgeries.  We might be wondering," where is the good news in this?"

They never struggled to conceive!!!!! 

My sisters obgyn said the her that he has seen woman riddled with endo ( like her) and conceive in the first month.  And he has seen women with only the smallest touch of endo battle..   Somethings can't be explained by science.

I strongly advise you to pray and make peace with this.  And when the time comes for babies, relax and enjoy it.
faithgirl49

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 06:41:54 PM »

I learned  had endometriosis in 2002 fter my period lasted close to three weeks.I saw my gynocologist and he scraped me out and deterined I had polyps as well as endometrosis. I had a D&C which caused my period to be erratic the next few months.
Faithngirl
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 02:34:30 PM »

Hi folks,

It's been a long time.....

I have posted before about endometriosis. I have had a few surgeries - the last one being 4 years ago to get pregnant. Lately, I have had an burning, like indigestion in my lower stomach, I went for an gyn exam and he said I needed another surgery. I have never had bloating and lower stomach burning as a symptom before. It feels like it would be an ulcer but ulcer pain is above the belly button (so I hear). Has anyone had similar symptoms? I would just like to get some imput before I go under again.
faithgirl49

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 12:17:33 PM »

I had endometriosis and polyps  in February 02. I had surgery for it in March 02.
Faithgirl
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the