Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A word of praise and testimony...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A word of praise and testimony...  (Read 5064 times)
Len

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2006, 10:28:14 PM »

Joseph, our 9 year old, came down sick a couple of Saturdays ago. Started out as a stomachache, nausea, and no appetite. As time progressed, pain increased. We initially thought it was a virus...one had been going around at the time. Karen, my wife, and I each said our private little prayers for healing for Joe.

Around about 9:30, Karen remembered some similar symptoms with the onset of her diabetes and she became concerned. She checked Joe's ketones and they were high...an indication of possible diabetes. We immediately went to our knees in prayer. We sought strength and confidence in God's sovereignty and mercy. Karen did what she could to comfort Joe with hopes that it was indeed a virus and it would pass but the pain continued to get worse. Joe slept fitfully. I stayed up till about 1 Sunday morning, Karen spelled me and I went to bed hoping to get enough sleep to successfully pull off the scheduled TV production that morning at our church (I am one of 2 producers for our church TV ministries). But...

Karen woke me at 2:30 and said she thought we should go straight to the emergency room because she thought it might be appendicitis. I quickly dressed and we loaded up poor Joe in the car and rushed to the hospital.

Ya know...God is so incredibly "in charge" and not one single solitary detail is overlooked. It is difficult at best to go to a strange place for help (We avoid the hospital every chance we get! LOL), but to turn one's child over to strangers, as it were, for help is really a challenge. You moms know exactly what I'm talking about without having to experience it. Well...God in His sovereignty, had already prepared the way. The nurse in charge of the ER was not just any nurse. She was someone from our church. And she was not just someone from our church, but one of our elder's daughters. Not only that, but she is a very dear friend whose brother is also on the production crew. Not only that, she was not too long ago one of Joe's teachers at church and he has a special place in his heart for this young lady. Words will never describe the huge weight that was lifted off our backs when we saw Mariah's face in that ER. We knew immediately that God was LARGE AND IN CHARGE and we could rest in Him.

Tests proved that appendicitis was the problem. By 9:15, it was all over. I did make it to the first (of 3) service and made production notes and left for my compatriot who graciously filled in for me for the production so I could hustle back to the hospital. The surgery, post surgery, and recovery went perfectly in the way that only God Himself could orchestrate.

He is indeed sovereign. He is indeed merciful. He is indeed God.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him, all creatures here below. Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

Amen and amen.

"The Lord is my portion says my soul. Therefore, I will hope in Him."
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »

Ya know...God is so incredibly "in charge" and not one single solitary detail is overlooked. from our church.  God was IS LARGE AND IN CHARGE and we could rest in Him.

Tests proved that appendicitis was the problem. By 9:15, it was all over. I did make it to the first (of 3) service and made production notes and left for my compatriot who graciously filled in for me for the production so I could hustle back to the hospital. The surgery, post surgery, and recovery went perfectly in the way that only God Himself could orchestrate.

He is indeed sovereign. He is indeed merciful. He is indeed God.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him, all creatures here below. Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

Amen and amen.

Amen brother, praise God.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 10:15:19 AM »

Amen Len!

This is wonderful news. I loved your description about how GOD was involved in this, and HE should be involved in all events in our lives. I was just thinking about raising my little ones, and I'm also thinking about praying for a new generation of little ones. We all have so much to give thanks for.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33 NASB  Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 10:43:19 AM »

Amen Len. That is great news. It is wonderful to see people placing their children in the hands of God, praying for them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 12:34:11 AM »

Ditto, what the last 3 posters said!!

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 10:40:53 AM »

God was LARGE AND IN CHARGE
  AMEN... and the Holy fact that Mariah was there....this was truly one of those "AWSOME GOD" times!!!! 

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 10:47:20 AM »

I have to add one more thing that just 'spoke to my heart'.... God not only answered your prayer to take care of your boy.... but GOD went beyond that.... He made sure that you all felt secured, having Mariah there was an assurance from HIM to you!!! A peace of mind that ONLY comes from HIM!

Len

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 09:49:02 PM »

Yes, indeed. He is THE God of peace. There is no wonder that He has so many names. There is not one single solitary thing anywhere, anytime over which He is not sovereign.

"The Lord is my portion says my soul. Therefore, I will hope in Him."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the