Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:55:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Would Jesus Discriminate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would Jesus Discriminate?  (Read 2626 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2006, 10:36:57 AM »

Would Jesus Discriminate?

Their are many so called churches today that preach hatred. This hatred is extended to those of different races, religions, murders, thieves, homosexuals, prostitutes, ..........  the list can go on and on. This hatred has been around for many, many years. It seems to be manifesting and growing by the day. Jesus told us these things would happen.

Does that mean that we should become a part of it, joining in and participating in it? NO! Not in the least. We are to take our example set before us by Jesus Christ Himself. In John 8: 3 - 12 we are given this example. When the scribes and Pharisees brought this sinner before Him He did not condemn her. Nor should we condemn sinners.

This is not to say that we should accept the sin, to condone the actual action of sin, as some so called churches are doing today either. Some of these churches are going so far as to placing these sinners in the leadership of the churches. We see this taught against in 1 Tim 3 and in Titus 1. "A bishop then must be blameless .... "  Nor should we as Christians willfully, knowingly continue in our sins. We are to follow Him in our daily lives. As Jesus told this woman in John 8 "go, and sin no more". We are to turn away from these sinful ways. ( 2 Tim 3:1 - 7 )

Showing hatred towards others is not only against God's commandments ( John 13 : 34 - 35 ) but it works against the works of God, turning many away from Him. We need to display love towards others, reflecting the love that God has towards us all in order to bring these lost souls to Him.

A saying that has been going around for some time now is "Love the sinner but not the sin". This holds so very true. We need to show compassion toward those that are in darkness. Witness to them through our actions by showing them the love of God. It so easy to fall into the category of connecting the sinner to the sin. Judging them as both one and the same. It is a fault that I myself have fallen into on occasion. It can be a difficult thing to do but we must keep it foremost in our minds and hearts that we are no better than they are. We are all sinners, none better than another. Thank God for His mercies that some of us are sinners saved by grace. This still does not make us better than others as it is His righteousness that makes us so and not that of our own.

1Jo 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jo 2:6  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
1Jo 2:7  Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
1Jo 2:8  Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Jo 2:9  He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jo 2:10  He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jo 2:11  But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
1Jo 2:12  I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
1Jo 2:13  I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
1Jo 2:14  I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
1Jo 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jo 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jo 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
1Jo 2:18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 03:24:08 PM »

Amen Pastor Roger!

Brother, this speaks volumes to all of us, and it's nothing but the plain and blunt TRUTH of the Holy Bible. We live in a time where many outrageous things are being done in the face of GOD. Our outrage should be directed at the sin and the devil, not the sinner who GOD wants to save. We must remember that our only righteousness is in JESUS, and but for the love and Grace of GOD, we would still be lost and on our way to the fires of hell. We must give thanks and pray that GOD will guide us to do His Will with the lost. We are just humans, so we really can't do anything right without GOD'S help and guidance.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:1-2 NASB  Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 05:56:11 PM »

Add another AMEN Pastor Roger!!!!!

Jesus would have us love the sinner, and hate the sin. 

StillSmallVoice
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 11:33:53 AM »

There, but for the grace of God, go I.
linssue55
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 05:27:19 PM »

Would Jesus Discriminate?

Their are many so called churches today that preach hatred. This hatred is extended to those of different races, religions, murders, thieves, homosexuals, prostitutes, ..........  the list can go on and on. This hatred has been around for many, many years. It seems to be manifesting and growing by the day. Jesus told us these things would happen.

Does that mean that we should become a part of it, joining in and participating in it? NO! Not in the least. We are to take our example set before us by Jesus Christ Himself. In John 8: 3 - 12 we are given this example. When the scribes and Pharisees brought this sinner before Him He did not condemn her. Nor should we condemn sinners.

This is not to say that we should accept the sin, to condone the actual action of sin, as some so called churches are doing today either. Some of these churches are going so far as to placing these sinners in the leadership of the churches. We see this taught against in 1 Tim 3 and in Titus 1. "A bishop then must be blameless .... "  Nor should we as Christians willfully, knowingly continue in our sins. We are to follow Him in our daily lives. As Jesus told this woman in John 8 "go, and sin no more". We are to turn away from these sinful ways. ( 2 Tim 3:1 - 7 )

Showing hatred towards others is not only against God's commandments ( John 13 : 34 - 35 ) but it works against the works of God, turning many away from Him. We need to display love towards others, reflecting the love that God has towards us all in order to bring these lost souls to Him.

A saying that has been going around for some time now is "Love the sinner but not the sin". This holds so very true. We need to show compassion toward those that are in darkness. Witness to them through our actions by showing them the love of God. It so easy to fall into the category of connecting the sinner to the sin. Judging them as both one and the same. It is a fault that I myself have fallen into on occasion. It can be a difficult thing to do but we must keep it foremost in our minds and hearts that we are no better than they are. We are all sinners, none better than another. Thank God for His mercies that some of us are sinners saved by grace. This still does not make us better than others as it is His righteousness that makes us so and not that of our own.

1Jo 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jo 2:6  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
1Jo 2:7  Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
1Jo 2:8  Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Jo 2:9  He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jo 2:10  He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jo 2:11  But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
1Jo 2:12  I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
1Jo 2:13  I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
1Jo 2:14  I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
1Jo 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jo 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jo 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
1Jo 2:18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Very good post and so pertinent today.

Yes, the principalities and the powers are telling us to accept and Allow what is not doctrinal, and many accept this as the Holy thing to do.  Not so!  But we are to love ALL with Agape love, and still live within the mandates of the Lord's doctrines.  We are all only human with many, many human sins and weaknesses-flaws, but the Lord has given us great provisions in the Christian life to ward off the evil, and the only way to do this is to filled with the spirit, and to get immediately back into fellowship (1 John 1:9) the instant we realize we are sinning. 

We are all to live our OWN life as unto the Lord, but we Must be able to Discern Good from Evil (through ithe daily intake of bible doctrine), to put it (good and/or evil) in it's proper place using our christian norms and standards from the Laws of Divine Establishment.  These laws pertain are for believers and unbelievers that Secure a national entity for growth and properity.
Many of these laws we have collectively failed.

1 Cor 2:15
"The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment."

To discern good from evil.

Hebrews 5:14
"But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil."

There is SOOOOO much evil that is taking hold of our nation, it is around us, all day long, every day.  We must be vigilent and NOT let it take hold of our souls because of the all the earthly sorrows, the extreme sadness of our ever growing crime, evil politics etc. etc. etc. and how it is totally out of control.  Keep our eyes on the Lord and He will get us through the tribulations of our times, and try not to give into our humans sorrows and weaknesses due to the sadness of our times.  For me, it would be impossible to get through this life without Him, I just couldn't do it.
linssue55
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 05:29:39 PM »

Amen Pastor Roger!

Brother, this speaks volumes to all of us, and it's nothing but the plain and blunt TRUTH of the Holy Bible. We live in a time where many outrageous things are being done in the face of GOD. Our outrage should be directed at the sin and the devil, not the sinner who GOD wants to save. We must remember that our only righteousness is in JESUS, and but for the love and Grace of GOD, we would still be lost and on our way to the fires of hell. We must give thanks and pray that GOD will guide us to do His Will with the lost. We are just humans, so we really can't do anything right without GOD'S help and guidance.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:1-2 NASB  Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Ditto!   Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the