Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:15:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Feelin' Kinda Like Job
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feelin' Kinda Like Job  (Read 2843 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 04:39:05 PM »

Brother Andrew yes, I will continue to pray for you.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 11:10:54 PM »

I appreciate all of . . . this, my friends.

Perhaps the most challenging part of the shingles affliction is that I do public speaking every day.  My next scheduled event is tomorrow afternoon, with several more set for later in the week.  My face, frankly, is frightening and will be a topic for conversation.

However, I feel quite peaceful about it today.  You new friends, friends here in Columbus who know the situation, and my tiny sprinkling of family and all of your prayers are undoubtedly a huge part of the peace.

If you'll continue to pray for my healing, I'd appreciate it.  I live alone, so your companionship has become important in a short time.

Andrew

Brother Andrew,

I think you will be surprised how well the audience takes this if you just tell them about it at the beginning and go from there. They will respect you for continuing your work, and your current ailment may even turn out to be a positive part of your presentation. I will hope and pray that is how things turn out.

In the meantime - KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 11:58:59 PM »

I appreciate all of . . . this, my friends.

Perhaps the most challenging part of the shingles affliction is that I do public speaking every day.  My next scheduled event is tomorrow afternoon, with several more set for later in the week.  My face, frankly, is frightening and will be a topic for conversation.

However, I feel quite peaceful about it today.  You new friends, friends here in Columbus who know the situation, and my tiny sprinkling of family and all of your prayers are undoubtedly a huge part of the peace.

If you'll continue to pray for my healing, I'd appreciate it.  I live alone, so your companionship has become important in a short time.

Andrew

Brother, you are not alone in this. I don't have shingles but I do have a major rash and sores on my face. Nothing contagious but it is a bit of a thorn. Yes I will be praying for you also and your presentations.

As Paul said:

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
StillSmallVoice
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 11:27:13 AM »

Hello, my dear new friends:

Just an update . . . only one person during yesterday's 2 public presentations asked:  What happened to you?  This morning, I see improvement!  Thank you for the prayers!

(and from the prayer closet:  Thank You for your infinite patience with me.)
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 11:34:48 AM »

Brother, you are strong in faith for what you have endured. I happen to be reading Job righ now Grin

I too will continue to pray for you.

BIC

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 05:55:20 PM »

Hello, my dear new friends:

Just an update . . . only one person during yesterday's 2 public presentations asked:  What happened to you?  This morning, I see improvement!  Thank you for the prayers!

(and from the prayer closet:  Thank You for your infinite patience with me.)

That is wonderful news brother Andrew!
You will continue to be in my prayers.
-Am-

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 03:08:04 AM »

Glory to God, Brother. I am very happy that your presentations went well and I pray that the person that asked did so to be better able to pray for you.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the