Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My ministry is the church
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My ministry is the church  (Read 3734 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2003, 02:46:10 PM »

Since I've been born again, I began realizing how many people who go to church are not saved and think they are. The teachings of certain churches have done much to perpetuate this deception. The notion that we are saved when we're baptized is not only erroneous but purposely deceptive.

I was baptized as an infant but hadn't a clue that Jesus was real until the Holy Spirit entered me in my late 30's. Since then, I've found out that most of the people I've talked to who have been baptized as infants don't KNOW Jesus Christ. They don't even know what born again means. They are taught that they receive the Holy Spirit at baptism. But how can they reject His words and then be saved again? I was baptized and rejected His words. That's because I didn't have the Holy Spirit in me to interpret His words. If I had received the Holy Spirit at baptism then how can i reject it and then be saved later if it's an unforgivable sin? How did i all of a sudden know he was real? Just a guess? The bible is very clear about baptism with water and baptism with the Holy Spirit being 2 entirely different entities. What's sad is that many people are being denied the opportunity to seek out salvation because they think they are already saved.
Joyful_Messenger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 09:13:46 PM »

EXACTLY!

All my love in Christ,
     Joyful_Messenger
WEBMASTER - www.foreverservingchrist.vze.com
ASSISTANT MANAGER - www.thce.vze.com
patriotreview

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 12:59:23 PM »

Amen to that Brother!  It wasnt till I had an REAL experience with the Holy Spirit and Jesus was I able to truly begin to live a holy life and begin to put the world behind me.

That was 5 years ago, before that time for 20 years I did nothing for Christ, since then I have become a Certified Minister, gone on numerous missions trips, am a full time Childrens Pastor, have entered a Political Studies program with the intent on bringing more God to politics...

The last thing is where alot of my energy for Christ is pouring into right now!  PLEASE join me at www.patriotreview.com and join in the discussion OR just learn some stuff!  I am truly bleeding inside to get us (The Church) more aware of what we can do to stop the Godless movement of our country (that being the United States).

Please just take a look at it if you will, It has been opened for a week and have already got a number of members, but we need more communication and exchange of ideas.  AND SUGGESTIONS!

GOD BLESS!

Todd Vance.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the