Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:24:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I need diet tips
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need diet tips  (Read 9558 times)
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 11:24:20 AM »

Grin

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 11:44:59 AM »

Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
babybear1980

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 02:17:59 AM »

Thank you all for the help, I have really taken into consideration all of your suggestions. Maria, were you ever able find those recipies and tips for me? I am interested in what they are. Amorus, would you be so kind as to re post your comments, i am interested to see what you have to say, even if you think that it was repetative of what was already posted. I am still struggling with trying to make the necessary changes, but I am trying. I ask that you all keep praying for me.
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 09:01:35 AM »

Yes Sister, I would be delighted.
First and foremost this is no easy task and there is no quick fix.  This must be a lifestyle change for you, so it will take all the tools that our wonderful Lord and Savior has provided you with, including patience, honesty, understanding, compasion and love, just to name a few, and last but most importantly you will need to rely on prayer (which I'm sure you already understand).  Sister, the first thing I would do when I looked in the mirror is not say that I was disgusted with myself and have that be the reason I was trying to be as healthy as possible.  What I would do (if you don't mind my advice here) is tell myself just how much the Lord loves me and that I too should love and respect the body that I was given.  Smile and give thanks to know these things.  Secondly, I would begin to keep a journal and you could simply call this a thoughts journal, or if it fits, a food journal, but do not focus simply on the food, put your thoughts about your day in there as well and see how it all relates.  Now, as it relates to food, I would honestly take a look at the food I was eating during the day, and you must be honest with yourself, and how often you were eating it.  I would see how many meals I was having and how much I was snacking.  What you might want to try and do is break your meals up during the day into smaller portions eating more meals a day.  So instead of 3 major meals every 5 hours, you would be eating 5-6 meals every three.  Example (breakfast  7AM- morning snack 10AM- Lunch 1PM - afternoon snack - 4PM - Dinner 7PM)  If you find you are still hungry you can add a before bedtime snack, but nothing too carby.  What this allows your body to do is "NOT" think that it is starving, therefore it will process the food differently (good food remember  Wink ) and boost your metabolic rate.  It will also help control your insulin levels (but you really don't need to know all that unless you want too).  I would also replace all the white processed flour products with Whole Wheat products.  Make sure its 100% Whole Grain Wheat and not processed whole wheat (just look on the ingredient label, if it says refined or processed you know to stay away from it).  The reason this is better for you is Whole Wheat products contain more fiber, slowly up the breakdown of the carb in your body.  Whole Grains are much tastier IMO.  Get rid of any regular soda, fruit juices and replace with water.  I know it can be boring, but water is what your body needs right now.  Drink plenty of it.  See Sister Maria's post. I would also consult my Dr. about a workout routine,  meaning at this point no more then walking.  Sister, this is where I would start and I would give it two months before moving to the next step.  If you need advice on food selection let me know, I will be happy to post some recipes and what I consider to be healthy and yet yummie foods.  Most of all sister, know that you will be in my prayers, that you are loved by your brothers and sisters and that the Lord loves you very much.  I pray that this experience will be a blessing in your life.  Please keep us all posted on your condition, and know that we are all here to encourage you.
Blessings!
-Am-

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
poemofhis

Hi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 10:30:21 PM »

I had a friend that was over 100lbs overweight and her key to success was a 20 minute workout per day and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water. All she drinks is water. Non stop. It not only helped the weight loss but it made her skin look beautiful and healthy. Our bodies need water and we neglect that a great deal.

I know for me to try slimming down takes a lot of discipline but once you get started and feel better it becomes easier and easier to do it. Just remember, "You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you."

Wink
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 10:40:13 AM »

I had a friend that was over 100lbs overweight and her key to success was a 20 minute workout per day and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water. All she drinks is water. Non stop. It not only helped the weight loss but it made her skin look beautiful and healthy. Our bodies need water and we neglect that a great deal.

I know for me to try slimming down takes a lot of discipline but once you get started and feel better it becomes easier and easier to do it. Just remember, "You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you."

Wink

There you go Babybear, everyone so far agrees that all of us need pleanty of water. I myself drink at least 1 gallon of water a day, that may sound like a lot, but it really isn't. One more piece of advice, please chechk with your doctor to make sure that your body isn't retaining water. If you eat a lot of salty foods that can be a cause for water retention. Your book is on the way.  Cheesy
Love in Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
babybear1980

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 02:48:08 PM »

Thanks Maria, I look forward to getting that book and putting it to use.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 03:20:12 PM »

My pleasure Christy, but please don't wait for the book to get there before you start exerscing. By the way have you already started using some of the tips we've given you? I hope so.  Cheesy

Give the book enough time you know how snail mail is.  Cheesy

babybear1980

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 01:08:33 AM »

Thank you all for your advice and prayers. I really do appreciate them all.  I ask that you continue to pray for me. I am having some trouble getting myself motivated to go to the gym and cook my meals when i get off work. I am a hairdresser, and i stand on my feet about 8 hours a day, and then 4 days out of the week, I am heavily involved in activities/studies at my chruch. I get home from work, and I feel tired and my feet and my back hurt, and I don't have much enthusiasm or motivation to go to the gym to work out or go out for a walk. I know its just a mental block, because I have done it before. I just need to get over my mental block and I asking for you to pray for that for me also. Thanks again for the support.
Houstons~Girl

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 02:19:34 PM »

Hello there! I am new on here. My husband was reading through the boards and saw your topic. I also am overweight and finally decided that I had to do something. I found a website that has been a Godsend to me! I have been doing it for just a little over 2 months now and have lost a total of 15 pounds. There are different support groups and it is all free. The website is www.sparkpeople.com . I started a team on there called Johnson County Christians. All of us who are on there just try to support and uplift each other. My user name on there is the same as here, so if you decide to check it out, please check out my page. I would be more than happy to help you with whatever you need help with. I know what a struggle it can be, being overweight. It is not just physically, but also emotionally draining. It helps to know that there are others out there that are praying for you!!!! I hope you find this information helpful & good luck with your journey!!!                       Love& Prayers, Paula
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 10:05:53 PM »

Hello Paula, welcome to CU, I looked at your link it is pretty nice, I have to go back and look later on, I hope you enjoy your visits here and stay for a long while.  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the