Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Question about the Rapture
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about the Rapture  (Read 963 times)
Monte Cassino

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:21:41 PM »

Greetings, all!

This question will sound mighty ignorant, but for a good reason: I really am ignorant about this topic!  So, on with it: As a Catholic, I haven't been exposed to too much discussion or writings on the Rapture, and all that goes along with it.  In short, I know that there are different views on it, some of which are pre-trib and millenialism (I think), but I really don't know where to begin looking for more info on the subject.  When on Catholic boards, I can get by with not knowing, as it simply isn't discussed, but I would like to be more knowledgeable when discussing with you guys.  So, if you could help this poor soul find a little knowledge on the different theories and/or theologies of the Rapture, I would be greatly appreciative!

God bless!
MC

PS  I did try a search here, but wasn't able to find what I needed (or didn't recognize it as such).

"It would be atrocious," I said, "to kill a man in order to say bu-ba-baff...."
  "It would be atrocious," William remarked, "to kill a man even to say 'Credo in unum Deum.'..."
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »

Hello Monte, this topic maybe the one you are l;ooking for. Warning, this topic is locked so you can't post in it.

Paul2's Pre-Tribulation Rapture pages <----- Yes this is a link in the forum.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 04:40:32 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »

Hello Monte,

If you do a search for "Rapture" on the forum and ask for the results in the forum of messages, you will get 13 full forum pages of results. Clicking individual threads should take you to massive amounts of information, enough for several full books. I know this because I just did it, and you just use the default settings. It takes about 3 seconds.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 5:13 NASB  "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.

Monte Cassino

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 05:57:28 PM »

Thank you for your responses.  Maybe I was simply overwhelmed by the amount of material, not knowing where to begin.

God bless you all!
MC

"It would be atrocious," I said, "to kill a man in order to say bu-ba-baff...."
  "It would be atrocious," William remarked, "to kill a man even to say 'Credo in unum Deum.'..."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 05:23:24 PM »

Hello Monte Cassino,

Here's a beautiful way to start a study of the RAPTURE.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 NASB  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 NASB  Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:18 NASB  Therefore comfort one another with these words.

If you have a good study Bible, please follow the links and references from these beautiful Scriptures. The ancient language derivation of "caught up" is where we get the word "Rapture". A proper study of the 3 Scriptures above could take weeks or months, and it would take you all over the Holy Bible. JESUS CHRIST would have to be the center focus of any study.

Here's a second beautiful portion of Scripture, but there are many others that deal with the Rapture and Christians being given a Glorified body by GOD.

1 Corinthians 15:49 NASB  Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.

1 Corinthians 15:50 NASB  Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

1 Corinthians 15:51 NASB  Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,

1 Corinthians 15:52 NASB  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:53 NASB  For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Corinthians 15:54 NASB  But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory.

1 Corinthians 15:55 NASB  "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?"

1 Corinthians 15:56 NASB  The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;

1 Corinthians 15:57 NASB  but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:58 NASB  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 24:31 NASB  "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the