Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:52:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ladies Please Share Your Thoughts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ladies Please Share Your Thoughts  (Read 2963 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:37:18 AM »

Hello Sisters,

I was just thinking many of us would like to be like the Virtuous Woman of Proverbs 31, yet we ask ourselves who can be like her?

I would like to pose a question for all the ladies in the forum,
    "What are the Biblical duties of a Christian mother and wife?   

There are many Scriptures in the Bible that apply to this question, I would like for all of us to share our thoughts and some Scriptures regarding this topic. So if you know of some Scriptures please feel free to post them and share with all of us.

I know that sometime I think "How can I possibly live up to the Virtuous Woman of Proverbs?"  Many of us may already be living up to that Scripture, and may not even know it. How many moms 'taxi' their children to and from school functions, such as football, soccer, baseball, track, band, and other activities games and practice??
How many of us take time to drop our children off at the movies, library, stores, or friends? How many moms are either single moms or married and have children, yet still work outside the home and still come home to cook, clean, do laundry, help children with homework and still try to "look as fresh as a rose", and "as happy as a lark"?

Give us your thoughts, ideas, and don't forget some Scripture.  Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:30:43 PM »

The following is a song that reminds me that as a wife, mother, and grandmother, I have to put all my trust in Jesus and let Him lead me one day at a time. There are so many things happening around us nowadays, and women usually take most time to pray for their loved ones, husband, children, grandchildren, other family members, and friends.

It is very comforting to know that when there is praise and worship in our heart for Jesus, He inhabits our praises. And we can put all our cares to rest in the assurance that if we ask Him, He will lead us. 

One Day At A Time Sweet Jesus
by Cristy Lane

I'm only human, I'm just a woman.
Help me believe in what I could be,
and all that I am.
Show me the stairway, I have to climb.
Lord for my sake teach me to take one day at a time

One day at a time Sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking from You.
Just give me the strength to do everyday what I have to do.

Yesterday's gone, Sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way one day at a time.

Do You remember, when You walked among men, well Jesus you know if You're looking below it's worse now than then.
Cheating, and stealing. Violence and crime, so for my sake teach me to take one day at a time.

One day at a time Sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking from You.

Yesterday's gone, Sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way one day at a time.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Eve

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 06:26:31 PM »

I think that our biblical duty to being a godly wife is not what we do but instead being who God created us to be.
 First to seek Him and then ask for the vision that the Lord has for our lives and be that person that he made us to be and then we will fullfill His will for our lives equipped with the gifts and talents that He has given us. We can only do this through our relationship with Him. 
We can only be the women that He desires when we keep the Main thing, the main thing.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:30:52 AM »

I think that our biblical duty to being a godly wife is not what we do but instead being who God created us to be.
 First to seek Him and then ask for the vision that the Lord has for our lives and be that person that he made us to be and then we will fullfill His will for our lives equipped with the gifts and talents that He has given us. We can only do this through our relationship with Him. 
We can only be the women that He desires when we keep the Main thing, the main thing.

Amen Sister, and if we keep our focus of God, we will be what He purposed us to be, some of us play many roles, as moms, mentors, grandmothers, wives, friends, sisters, etc. As long as we keep our focus on God and ask Him daily for guidance, and strength, He will supply us with all of our needs.  And we will fulfill all our duties with love.

poemofhis

Hi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 10:27:16 PM »

As a single woman, I feel that I am already a jewel in His crown. What's important to me as a proverbs lady is to always keep God first. To put Him first in all relationships and to walk and live by love. To be compassionate and to bare fruit. It's hard sometimes because we all fall short but God is pruning and refining me into the woman He called me to be on the day that He brought me forth. I'm pretty excited about that.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 10:43:19 AM »

As a single woman, I feel that I am already a jewel in His crown. What's important to me as a proverbs lady is to always keep God first. To put Him first in all relationships and to walk and live by love. To be compassionate and to bare fruit. It's hard sometimes because we all fall short but God is pruning and refining me into the woman He called me to be on the day that He brought me forth. I'm pretty excited about that.

Amen Sister, we don't have to be married and have children to be virtuous women.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the