Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  password changer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: password changer  (Read 1640 times)
login_beta23
« on: May 17, 2006, 09:50:20 PM »

some hacker or virus has been changing my passwords. How do I get rid of it? Please help!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:57:44 PM »

Hi spectre260. Still having problems I see. I may be mistaken but I don't think you will find anyone here with enough knowledge to help you out.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:10:20 AM »

Maybe spec's computer is being spied on, I think he could probably run an anti-spy program.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:19:23 AM »

I think the passwords he was talking about were those that were on other servers and not on his computer. If that is the case then it is the servers security that is a problem not on his computer. If it is on his computer he needs to upgrade his security, firewall and such.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 09:25:47 AM »

I wonder if he has checked his own computer, I don't think anyone here has had the same problem he's been having.  Undecided

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 10:29:17 AM »

Hi spec,  Cheesy

Spec, if you don't mind my telling you try running a virus scan, a spy scan and an adware scan on your computer and see what it comes up with. Sometimes you can pick up a lot of unwanted viruses and spyware from different sites. Also install a firewall on your computer and stay away from questionable web sites. You can get hacked and spied on at a lot of sites if you're not careful where you go. Chat rooms, online game sites, and the sort are places where you can get hacked real easy. You have to use a lot of discernment when you are surfing as to where you are going. I've had my computer for at least 15 years and never had a virus or spyware. Sometimes I will find tracking cookies, I just run an adware scan and clean them up. Other than that the only things I do to the computer is keep the software and hardware updated and run a weekly scan for everything, and I stay away from places that might harm my computer's security.
I hope this helps.

There are some free security software available on the internet, just be careful where you download from.  Wink

login_beta23
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 03:13:55 AM »

I checked my PC for adware and viruses and I manage to remove most of them but now my internet is down and I think it's the handiwork of something that's been messing with me. I also have a firewall which doesn't pick up any outside access. I'm using a PC in an internet cafe right now and I'm still mad about what happened to my internet.

hawk000self000----the passwd that replaced mine. the its not the actual passwd but it seems like its been generated randomly by a program. I found it out by having Yahoo! send the password to my alternate mail.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 04:46:11 AM »

Hello Spectre,

I would say that you need to be more careful about where you go and what you do with your computer. If you are in the habit of using instant chat, exchanging software peer-to-peer, and other very dangerous activities like that, sooner or later you will get hit unless you are an absolute genius with security and have all the best security programs that money will buy. I'm not such a genius, but I know some who are, and most of them don't do high risk activities like I mentioned.

So, in the for what it's worth, I would know my computer was clean, lock down the security with reasonable programs, and stop doing anything risky. As one of the best examples, I would never accept a file of any kind on one of those peer-to-peer setups. I get what I need from very safe sources, and I still check them very carefully with everything I have before I open or use them.

I recommend a minimum of:

High rated virus protection in real time - (several FREE programs fit the rating)

High rated firewall (more than Microsoft) - (again, several FREE programs fit the rating)

At least two trojan and worm protection programs in real time - (Microsoft has an excellent program that is FREE, and there are numerous others with a high rating that are also FREE).

Last - Go to "Shields UP" - (Gibson Research Services) and have the FREE security test run on your system. It will tell you if there are any holes that need to be plugged in your security. BUT, still remember that there are high risk activities you can do like I mentioned earlier that could result in someone getting by your security. So, you also have to use common sense and stop doing dangerous things with your computer, even if you have excellent security.

I hope this helps some.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 3:11-13 NASB  This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him. Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the