Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:56:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Likenesses of a Mother
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likenesses of a Mother  (Read 2802 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2006, 01:51:40 PM »

This coming May 14th is Mother's Day. I would like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and grandmothers here on the forum. May God be with you during the entire year through all the joys and heartaches of motherhood.

The Likenesses of a Mother

The Bible says, "There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother" (Prov.30:11). If a person treats mother as he or she should, mother is not cursed but rather blessed.. It is impossible to exhaust the reasons for a mother’s importance in the home. She is the "hub" on which everything else turns. Due to the multifaceted roles she plays in the home, everyone should see her importance. Everyone in a home depends upon mother more than they could even image they do. Her influence is very great. Let’s consider several things a mother is like in the many roles she assumes.

I. She Is Like A Teacher. The right kind of mother teaches a son or daughter to stay away from alcoholic beverage, gambling, sexual immorality, the wrong kind of company, to be forthright and honest,and how to know and walk with God.. A lot of what we are is partly due in most cases to the right kind of teaching given by a good mother. She teaches the Word of God, the ways of God and the works of God.

II. She Is Like A Nurse. A nurse looks after her patients with diligent care. A nurse is at the beckoning call of the patient. She goes to the person she is taking care of at times when she feels like she needs someone taking care of her. The good nurse is a very unselfish person.

III. She Is Like A Counselor. Some of the best advice a young person will ever receive is from a godly mother. Professional counselors are very expensive, but on the other hand, you can often get some of the best advice "free" from mother. Many of you have given up your mother in death, but those times of heart to heart counseling will never leave you. Death cannot rob us of precious memories.

IV. She Is Like A Friend. Young man or young woman, the best friend you will ever have in this world will be your mother. She qualifies more to be a friend than most of those we "think" are our friends. The Bible says, "A friend loveth at all times" (Prov.17:17). That sounds like a "real" mother to me!

V. She Is To Be Like Christ. Many people have come to know the Lord in the free pardon and forgiveness of sins, because they had a mother, who manifested Christ to them. Wise is that mother who will pray and work to the end that her children can see Jesus in her actions, attitudes, and her accomplishments. Always remember how the godly life of Eunice and the godly grandmother, Lois, affected Timothy (1 Tim. 2:5). Her song should be that of the songwriter, "Oh to be like thee, blessed Redeemer pure as Thou art."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 05:43:36 AM »

Amen Pastor Roger!

I missed this one and just found it, but I'm still giving thanks for my mother today.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 31:25 NASB  Strength and dignity are her clothing, And she smiles at the future.

Proverbs 31:26 NASB  She opens her mouth in wisdom, And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

Proverbs 31:27 NASB  She looks well to the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.

Proverbs 31:28 NASB  Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:

Proverbs 31:29 NASB  "Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all."

Proverbs 31:30 NASB  Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.

Proverbs 31:31 NASB  Give her the product of her hands, And let her works praise her in the gates.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »

Mothers, what very specaial people! Moms how much they are loved, how much ,ove they are capable of giving their children. Moms are sacred to everyone.

I remember when my first baby was born, I was so amazed at the beauty of the gift that God had given me, the very special privelege of being a mom. And with it a new kind of love, one I never felt before.

I loved my mom with my whole heart, I never thought that I could be capable of loving another human being the way I loved my mom. Then I became a mom and I realized how beautiful and tender the true love of a mother could be. This did not take away from my love for my mom, in fact it made the love for my mom even stronger, for one woman to have had 7 children, and love each one as if each was the only one, and then love the grandchildren apparently even more, just made me marvel.

Only God could instill this kind of love in a person. This benevolent love that gives and gives and never tires of giving, this love that forgives and forgets, this love that puts others first, this love that is willing to make sacrifices for her children, this love that aches for the same to be returned.

Meditate on this:
This is only a very small fraction of the love that God feels for us.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the