Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:30:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Setting Dates To Gods Word!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setting Dates To Gods Word!  (Read 948 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2006, 07:21:49 PM »

Mark 13:32-37 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. 33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

People seem to like to play God. There are those over the years who have date set for the Rapture and/or the return of Christ and declared various people as the anti-Christ. Over and over these people have been proven wrong.  There are those who claim to be God's prophets today, like Michael Rood, or claim to have the 'gift of prophecy' and yet disobediently set dates which they believe God has shown them for the time of the rapture or return of Christ.

The dates have come and gone, yet these people continue and will continue to falsely lay out other dates they believe God has also given them. And those whose faith was not shipwrecked by these false claims, will either recognize the false teaching and distance themselves, or continue in the same error. God's Word sets the parameters on whether a prophecy is true and whether the idea came from Him.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

1 John 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

John 14:23-24 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

If what is spoken as a prophecy or by those claiming the gift of prophecy, is against or contrary to the Word of God, we are reminded why.

Jeremiah 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Jeremiah 23:16 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD...31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.

Ezekiel 13:3 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

This is not about the validity of the rapture, but rather, the un-Biblical practice of date setting the return of Christ.

How many souls will be wrecked because, they believed this un-Scriptural endeavor??

It has been our hope that this report would undo some of the damage by putting Christians  in possession of obscure but crucial information. A vast mind control operation that has been put in place by the New Age Movement, to deliver large numbers of unsuspecting Christians to the one world religion of the Antichrist. Because the deception is already well advanced and false information embedded in the minds of many Christians, heeding Bible Prophecy requires a careful and thoughtful reading.

Most won't realize, but, these given rapture dates were on top of many previous rapture dates declared privately by Barb Aho and Jan Moser, that have come and gone over the last few years. May 5, 2000, dates in June of that same year and so on resulted in their total disappointment and disbelief that their correct  'calculations' were wrong.

When presenting the belief of the March 31 and April 1 dates, although a disclaimer was included that they weren't date setting--a clear contradiction --- Matthew 25:1-13 was included as well as,

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Matthew 25:13  Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

What was clearly neglected was an understanding of the above verse and other correlating verses.

Matthew 24:34-39, 44-50 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.................
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. 45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;  50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

Response to those previous false dates and the current fetish of playing God has the Rapture taken place? Did God say we would know the day He would return? The Scriptures are very clear on this issue of date setting. There is nothing up for debate. It was stated repeatedly that only the Father Knows and no one will know the day or the hour. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

If only the Father Knows, and no one will be privy to the the DAY or the HOUR---how arrogant for any to proclaim any date as THE DAY. The time of Christ's return will be at a moment, day and hour when no one will think it to be, and those who say otherwise are revealing that we're dealing with their false prophecy. You think a date--that negates it according to the very Word of God. It's not based on whimsical calculations or plotting's or guesses, but inspired by God Himself.

The Scriptures cannot lie, but people can and do.  One doesn't lay down a Timeline and draw those conclusions without believing them to be true. One doesn't set oneself up as having the truth and all others confused, deceived or deceivers without believing one has the inside track to truth. That incidentally, is where gnostic doctrine springs from. Believing you hold the truth or knowledge no one else is privy to. There are definitely many who are snared and deceived, but it is not left to one websites shoulders to be the only ones to hold answers through the presentation of  obscure truth, which came from occult sources. The truth is found in God's Word, which all are privy to, and it is not obscure.

Christians are warned to be always ready and to be looking forward to Christ's return, but we in no wise are privy to something that Jesus himself said only the Father knows. If we're obediently going about the Master's business, we won't be taken unawares, simply because we are looking forward to the fulfilled promise of His return. God said, 'be ye ready, for in such an hour as ye think not."  He was talking to believers, not non-Christians in that verse.  No date setting is necessary or advocated. He will come as a thief in the night and no thief announces the time of his arrival.

2 Peter 3:9-10 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

1 Timothy 6:14-15 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »

DW, I can say that this subject has been weighing on my mind as of late.  I have felt the need to pray often about it.  I sincerely hope that Christians are not putting their faith in a date or time, but keeping their eyes and faith focused on the Lord himself. 
2 Cor 5:7 (we walk by faith not sight)
Jn 20:27-29 (how blessed are they who have not seen but believe)
Heb 11:1,6 (Assurance of things hoped for conviction of things not seen)
You get the idea I'm sure.  Personally I do not need any earthly, physical evidence produce by the minds of men to tell me when certain events are to occur, to assure me that the Lord has gone to prepare a place for us and will soon return.  That which the Lord has said will be fulfilled.  Until that time, I will continue my walk here on earth, praising God the very best I possibly can, oh and reading some thought provoking posts on this site  Wink
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 05:59:09 PM by Amorus » Logged

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the