Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Good Clean TV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Clean TV  (Read 4206 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 06:59:30 PM »

I watch Family guy alot. I love the show. It's one of my favorites. I can do without the God and Jesus jokes though.

Which is why, I won't allow that program in this house.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 12:10:17 AM »

Lately I don't watch alot of TV.  I hate some of the stuff on TV.  I try to guard what goes into my mind.  Things that I do like to watch is:  I love Lucy, The Fresh Prince of Bel-aire, sometimes the Cosby show, and cartoons, cartoons and oh more cartoons. Grin   

Scary movies terrify me.  And I absolutly hate bad language with a DEEP passion!

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 05:23:50 AM »

Me too Kriss, especially when they use God's name in vain, that really bothers me. I have a few shows I like to watch, but mostly I try to watch the news and weather, because I live in a hurricane prone area. One show I do like to watch is Law & Order, but now they have split it up into 3 different programs, I also like to watch Without a Trace.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 09:36:30 AM »

I have actually been impressed that USA NEtworks has actually brought in some good clean entertainment.  Like Monk which my family loves.  Even the new Psych is pretty good and clean.  And Dead Zone as well can be creepy but it is still a clean show.

Now F/X pushes nothing but filth.  I think they have some good shows and such.  I would love to watch the Shield but I know the language and content is horrendous.  We started to watch one episode one night and made it through about 5 minutes.  And when the one cop urinated on a guy we decided it was definitely not for us to watch.

I used to watch Spike TV all the time but they have gotten very trashy as well so we avoid that one too. 

Otherwise we do watch the CSI series (And all branches), House, Monk, Psych, Dead Zone, Survivor.  That is about all that we watch.

I will try and catch some Mythbusters, Stooges, Abbott and Costello, and others when I can.  But being the man of the house I have gained the position of the leader of the household, and my wife is obedient, my kids respectful.  Just a blessed Christian household, but because I have assumed that role I lost my claim to the TV Cheesy

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 09:46:39 AM »

I just watch news and weather myself and in a very rare moment maybe a movie. My wife has started turning the cable box off and watching tapes as most of the channels that she used to watch has started showing a lot of that horror garbage like vampire movies. You can tell that Haloween is getting close.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 10:06:14 AM »

It's amazing the closer we get to God the closer He draws near to us. My husband used to like to watch all kinds of horror movies and war movies with things being blown up and dumb unedifying show like that in fact I would go further and say a lot of them were desentizising and left a door open for the enemy. Yesterday he couldn't find anything fitting to watch on TV so we ended up watching a 3 Stooges marathon.
He did anyway. I've seen them all.  Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 10:11:41 AM »

After having lived it I was never able to watch war movies again not even the really old ones that didn't show all the grotesque details they do in the newer ones.

The Three Stooges is about all the violence that I can stomache.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the