Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:25:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  find a nice colour TV set; its wartime again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: find a nice colour TV set; its wartime again  (Read 1802 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 02:11:03 PM »

Good stuff my friend, but you don't see CNN reporting mere facts such as tha do you? Wink

John
Nope, thats one of the reasons I search out news.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 02:13:23 PM »

Good stuff my friend, but you don't see CNN reporting mere facts such as tha do you? Wink

John

Of course not Brother John, people nowadays have been so desensitized, that they actually get a thrill out of hearing bad news, the sad thing is that they turn a deaf ear to the 'Good News'
So the media just reports on what people want to hear.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 02:15:24 PM »

Oh by the way Brother John I saw your penguin, I think he needs crutches.  Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 02:28:31 PM »

TwoBombs quote...
I agree with that much of your post my friend. However, that fact does not negate the facts which lead up to the attack against Iraq, or the possible coming attack on Iran. Bush is not just some lunatic warmonger, he had very, very good reasons to go into Iraq and the lefties arguments against that decision are weak and bi-partisan.

God sees the future, and told us about it, He did not give us a detailed analysis of events that led up-to the attack.

You didn't answer my question my friend.
What would you do about Iran?

John

Hi BZ,

hmmz...   i'm not God nor acting as one, for me it is nor hasn't been interesting to contemplate "what I would do with Iran"
It would be not even remotely fair not to answer such a personal question with a personal answer ehj  Grin

Then, i'll tell you the whole truth, and i'll hope bare with me;

I come from a very high profile family; my father was a "rocketscientist" in that he made software for the defense & space industry.
My uncle is/has been the commander of the Dutch airforce, when there is no war to fight for the OTAN he's off learning others
about the art and history of war. My nephew is a high roller in the same Airforce. My other uncle works in an embassy.

I grew up in the 80's meaning in the cold war, and my dad always came with code and stuff to show what he was busy doing; actually I can't walk into a bookstore and read and see what my father help to build ( magazines about military HW ).  A lot of my friends in those days had dads that worked in the same palce, in similar conditions. It was/is secret enough that our phones were tapped, and we weren't allowed to come even remotely close to the Iron Curtain.

Fine; here came the 90's and my uncle was send to the Golan Heights and Syria. He came back as a changed man, and learned a very important lesson.
The clock of the people of the Middle East don't tick like ours; meaning that the very concepts of democracy, politics and overview is virtually non-existant. Instead they live in very lets say primitive, primeordeal state.

When Bush attacks countries in the Middle East he, or at least his military advisors know that it'll be another 200 years before the inhabitants of those countries will be able to grasp the concepts of the things that are being "injected" into that place. Until then it's total chaos; they KNOW that on beforehand.
Okay; so the truth of the matter is that those countries pose a threat to their local and international interests, and that's why those poor (civilian) xxxxxxxxx are being bombed to hell.

Surely, some rubbish propaganda will cross your mind; but you know, in the end it's about money and power. You've been on this planet long enough to know that is/will be/has been the function for war since Nimrod. Simple.

Now back to the question; knowing that you have been told from what social-cultural enviroment I've been raised in i can answer your question.
What would I do with Iran ? Answer: "Nothing!"
I know what your response would be, something in the way of supporting pre-emptive strikes, etc, etc.
You're entitled to your opinion. Just as I'm entitled with mine.

Regards,
Aryan aka 2B

(edited to remove foul language)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:37:25 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 02:31:15 PM »

John

Or many other news agencies either.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 02:32:26 PM »

Nope, thats one of the reasons I search out news.

and such news as that is hard to find

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 02:33:26 PM »

Of course not Brother John, people nowadays have been so desensitized, that they actually get a thrill out of hearing bad news, the sad thing is that they turn a deaf ear to the 'Good News'
So the media just reports on what people want to hear.

especially if the good news is in support of the actions by America

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 02:50:47 PM »

and such news as that is hard to find

Yes it is brother

Bronzesnake
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 04:54:37 PM »

Hi BZ,

hmmz...   i'm not God nor acting as one, for me it is nor hasn't been interesting to contemplate "what I would do with Iran"
It would be not even remotely fair not to answer such a personal question with a personal answer ehj  Grin

Then, i'll tell you the whole truth, and i'll hope bare with me;

I come from a very high profile family; my father was a "rocketscientist" in that he made software for the defense & space industry.
My uncle is/has been the commander of the Dutch airforce, when there is no war to fight for the OTAN he's off learning others
about the art and history of war. My nephew is a high roller in the same Airforce. My other uncle works in an embassy.

I grew up in the 80's meaning in the cold war, and my dad always came with code and stuff to show what he was busy doing; actually I can't walk into a bookstore and read and see what my father help to build ( magazines about military HW ).  A lot of my friends in those days had dads that worked in the same palce, in similar conditions. It was/is secret enough that our phones were tapped, and we weren't allowed to come even remotely close to the Iron Curtain.

Fine; here came the 90's and my uncle was send to the Golan Heights and Syria. He came back as a changed man, and learned a very important lesson.
The clock of the people of the Middle East don't tick like ours; meaning that the very concepts of democracy, politics and overview is virtually non-existant. Instead they live in very lets say primitive, primeordeal state.

When Bush attacks countries in the Middle East he, or at least his military advisors know that it'll be another 200 years before the inhabitants of those countries will be able to grasp the concepts of the things that are being "injected" into that place. Until then it's total chaos; they KNOW that on beforehand.
Okay; so the truth of the matter is that those countries pose a threat to their local and international interests, and that's why those poor (civilian) xxxxxxxxx are being bombed to hell.

Surely, some rubbish propaganda will cross your mind; but you know, in the end it's about money and power. You've been on this planet long enough to know that is/will be/has been the function for war since Nimrod. Simple.

Now back to the question; knowing that you have been told from what social-cultural enviroment I've been raised in i can answer your question.
What would I do with Iran ? Answer: "Nothing!"
I know what your response would be, something in the way of supporting pre-emptive strikes, etc, etc.
You're entitled to your opinion. Just as I'm entitled with mine.

Regards,
Aryan aka 2B

(edited to remove foul language)

I respect your opinion my friend. I'm really glad you don't run the country though! Grin
It's not always just about money and power. Sometimes it is about security.
If Iran gets the big bomb, the world will be a much darker and scarier place my friend.

Good talking with you.

John
Bronzesnake
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 04:57:11 PM »

Yes it is brother

We have a huge advantage because we can look at most any news source and sort out the truth by refering to our Bibles. There are some good resources for truthful news, but you are correct my brothers, they are hard to come by.

p.s. Bob, did you ever get that Bible back?

John
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 05:07:01 PM »

We have a huge advantage because we can look at most any news source and sort out the truth by refering to our Bibles. There are some good resources for truthful news, but you are correct my brothers, they are hard to come by.

AMEN!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 11:55:53 PM »

p.s. Bob, did you ever get that Bible back?

John
No, I have a trace on it right now.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the