Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:41:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  False Prophets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: False Prophets  (Read 3817 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2006, 03:02:50 AM »

I can't not stress the up most importantance of this strong enough!

False Prophets

The Motivation of the False Prophet Is Money:

Micah 3:9 Hear this, I pray you, you heads of the house of Jacob and rulers of the house of Israel, who abhor and reject justice and pervert all equity,
Micah 3:10 Who build up Zion with blood and Jerusalem with iniquity.
Micah 3:11 Its heads judge for reward and a bribe and its priests teach for hire and its prophets divine for money; yet they lean on the Lord and say, Is not the Lord among us? No evil can come upon us.
Micah 3:12 Therefore shall Zion on your account be plowed like a field, Jerusalem shall become heaps [of ruins], and the mountain of the house [of the Lord] like a densely wooded height.

The Fate Of False Prophets And Those Who Follow Them:

Jeremiah 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.
Jeremiah 14:15 Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.
Jeremiah 14:16 And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.

The Prophecies Of False Prophets Do Not Always Fail:

Deuteronomy 13:1 IF A prophet arises among you, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder,
Deuteronomy 13:2 And the sign or the wonder he foretells to you comes to pass, and if he says, Let us go after other gods--gods you have not known--and let us serve them,
Deuteronomy 13:3 You shall not listen to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being.
Deuteronomy 13:4 You shall walk after the Lord your God and [reverently] fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and cling to Him.
Deuteronomy 13:5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has talked rebellion and turning away from the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of bondage; that man has tried to draw you aside from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So shall you put the evil away from your midst.

Wonderful Works Are Done By False Prophets In The Name Of The Lord:

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Matthew 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

False Prophets Will Be Numerous, And Very Successful:

Matthew 24:11  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

2 Peter 2:1 [NIV] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2 Peter 2:2 [NIV] Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
2 Peter 2:3 [NIV] In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

1 John 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

False Prophets Work Miracles That Deceive:

Matthew 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22  For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Revelations 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Revelations 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Revelations 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Revelations 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelations 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Many Prefer The False Prophet:

2 Timothy 4:2 [NIV] Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
2 Timothy 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Please feel free to add, more scripture.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 03:05:48 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 01:19:43 PM »

Pro 30:5  Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6  Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 09:26:32 AM »

Good stuff!! It's unfortunate that too many people don't pay enough attention.  I just posted a study, Prophets and Prophecy-Who, What, When, Where, Why and How on the subject.  See what you think.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:43:01 AM »

Hi Evangelist,

It looks great. A lot of excellant material there loaded with truth.

I just took a look at your John 8:122 site and I noticed there are some dead links in the left hand column.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 11:59:20 AM »

Hey brother Hank, all I can say is AMEN on your  Prophets and Prophecy.

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 06:45:30 AM »

Hi Evangelist,

It looks great. A lot of excellant material there loaded with truth.

I just took a look at your John 8:122 site and I noticed there are some dead links in the left hand column.

Thanks for the heads up, brother!  It appears when I was uploading the other day, my ftp client kept dropping the connection, so a couple of files didn't make it...and I was too busy to double check.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 12:44:26 AM »

Amen Dreamweaver and Evangelist!

Brothers, I thank you sincerely for the outstanding material. I have copied it for additional study. I'm beginning to wonder if I will live long enough to study everything on my list. AND, I keep changing my priorities for the order I want to study things in.  :D  I'm beginning to think that it would take several lifetimes just to scratch the surface of GOD'S BEAUTIFUL WORD.

Bible Prophecy is a topic of horror for evil and the lost, but it's a topic of beauty and anticipation for God's children. We will come into the presence of our precious Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRIST, and we will spend eternity together with him.

Right now, I'm thinking about many of God's servants and giving thanks that he has allowed us to love each other and have fellowship. May God give us all the strength and guidance to fight a good fight, finish our course, and one day hopefully hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant." One of the most beautiful truths about Bible Prophecy is that JESUS CHRIST is and must be the central focus.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 18:20 NASB  "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

Defining The False Prophet And Their Fate

Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them

A popular teaching among Christian leaders is that a person giving a false prophecy is not a false prophet.  Although the Bible is clear that a prophets words shall never fail, these people claim that this is not true.  Basically they are saying that the Bible is wrong on it's clear guidelines for a true prophet of God and when they give a false prophecy they are still right.

God Says That He will Test Us With False Prophets, To See If We Truly Love Him
Deut 13:1-4 "If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.  Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him."

God Gives Us A Simple Test To Try Prophets To See If They Are Actually Speaking For God.  If Their Prophecy Fails, God Did Not Send Them
Deut 18:20-22 "But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.  And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?  When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

The True Prophet Hears From God Through Dreams

Num 12:6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 04:29:31 PM »

I agree with everything said in this thread! I won't quote scripture, for you all did a fine job on doing so. I can say that, God has granted me discernment in this topic, and those that claim to do miracles and have prophecy (blasphemy, really) in His Name.

Recently, I put out prayer requests around the world. I put one into a false prophet's website as well. All the prayer sites I put requests into, responded personally, and I had many intercessors replying to me as well. But, I got nothing back concerning my prayer request from the false prophet. All I received was a very fancy email, showing pictures of this false prophet performing so-called miracles, and telling me that, if I didn't give him money, he would be forced to stop saving people. Jesus had no money, nor did Paul, yet they performed miraculous things, and preached openly to rich and poor. Blessings were made, prayers answered, without the mention of "pay first, then we will cause a miracle to happen in your life".

These people doing this in our Lord's name disgust me. However, we also know that it was predicted, long before our time that, in the end of times this would happen. As more of these types pop up all over the place, I realize how blessed I am to believe the only One that is tru--Our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Praise be to God! Thank You, Sweet Jesus!
Amen.

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 04:34:07 PM »

These people doing this in our Lord's name disgust me. However, we also know that it was predicted, long before our time that, in the end of times this would happen. As more of these types pop up all over the place, I realize how blessed I am to believe the only One that is tru--Our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Praise be to God! Thank You, Sweet Jesus!
Amen.

You aren't the only one, that gets disgusted. Matthew 24 talks about these things happening. 

I myself believe we are almost at the End of Grace stage, before the Rapture. But this is only my opinion, that quite a few agree with.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 04:46:40 PM »

Hi Kelly4Jesus,

Welcome to Christians Unite.

if I didn't give him money, he would be forced to stop saving people

That said it all about that person right there.

He does not save anyone.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 01:42:56 PM »

Hello Kelly welcome to Christians Unite.  Cheesy

Kelly, it does not surprise me one bit that people are doing these things, Jesus Himself said:

Lu 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Although this person may not have come out and said he is Christ, he did imply that he saves people.

This is why we must always be alert, the devil is very subtle he will try many different ways to deceive people as he deceived Eve.

We must also be alert and not let anyone try to tell us when the Day of the Lord will be as you notice in the latter part of the above Scripture

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 05:43:08 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Amen and Amen!

I feel led to mention something that's already talked about some in this thread: MONEY.

It really bothers me when I see the Hollywood actor-type preachers reeling in elderly people or other people on tiny fixed incomes and take their money for food or medicine. There seems to be more of them every day, and I think of them like a pit of vipers. Sister Kelly4Jesus, you talked about one selling prayer like he was a used car salesman. Prayer is a GIFT that GOD gave his children as one way to show their love for each other, and we also know that GOD loves to hear our prayers. Prayer isn't for sale and nobody can buy an audience with GOD. It's very sad to know that many people who can probably least afford it are paying these snakes to pray for them. I know in my heart that GOD would rather hear their own humble prayers.

GOD has told us that he is no respecter of persons, and we literally have people coming out of the woodwork with all kinds of self-proclaimed virtues and titles. We also know this will get worse because they are a sign of the end of this age of GRACE. May our LORD and Saviour come for us soon!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:31-32 NASB  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 08:01:50 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Amen and Amen!

I feel led to mention something that's already talked about some in this thread: MONEY.

It really bothers me when I see the Hollywood actor-type preachers reeling in elderly people or other people on tiny fixed incomes and take their money for food or medicine. There seems to be more of them every day, and I think of them like a pit of vipers. Sister Kelly4Jesus, you talked about one selling prayer like he was a used car salesman. Prayer is a GIFT that GOD gave his children as one way to show their love for each other, and we also know that GOD loves to hear our prayers. Prayer isn't for sale and nobody can buy an audience with GOD. It's very sad to know that many people who can probably least afford it are paying these snakes to pray for them. I know in my heart that GOD would rather hear their own humble prayers.

GOD has told us that he is no respecter of persons, and we literally have people coming out of the woodwork with all kinds of self-proclaimed virtues and titles. We also know this will get worse because they are a sign of the end of this age of GRACE. May our LORD and Saviour come for us soon!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:31-32 NASB  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

AMEN

It saddens me so much to think of the elderly, who think that they have to pay for someone to pray for them.

BEPs your post has inspiered me to pray for the elderly everyday. For some reason, the elderly are so easily deceived, when I think that things such as this could've happened to my own mom or dad, it puts a deep wound in my heart.

Brothers and Sisters, we pray for our family, friends, country, leaders, the lost, ect. let us try to pray specifically for the elderly, some who have been put in nursing homes and forgotten by selfish relatives, others who may be suffering from ailments and don't have anyone with their best interest in heart to steer them in the right direction.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 10:03:23 AM »

Amen sister Maria.

Brother perhaps it is the cop in you as well as the Lord in your heart as to why this bothers you so much. What these people are doing is basically nothing less than a con game, one of the worst kind and I know how you feel about con artists as I feel the same way. When money becomes the main focal point in ones ministry then that ministry is completely false, without God guiding it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the