Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:26:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  E-Sword Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E-Sword Help  (Read 1578 times)
Romans1013

Jesus Christ is my Master and Teacher

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:43:35 PM »

I have always had problems with e-sword.  I never got it to work yet.  Everyhting installs, none of the modules, or ad on open.  Is there a certain folder I have to put the bibles in for them to open?  I don
t understand,  I turned off norton, and my firewall, and ran some dll command that Rick Meyers told me, but nothing.  Please Help.
In His Service,
Walter
www.livingbythebible.blogspot.com

In His Service,
Walter Karroll
*NOTE*
If you would to spend enternity in heaven, please click here.  http://www.walterkarroll.com/how_to_get_to_heavenits_free.htm
*NOTE*
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:56:10 PM »

Hello Romans1013,

I just saw this, so I'm sorry to be so late in trying to help you. I think that we went through a list of things to try in previous posts if I remember correctly. I only have a couple of other ideas to try:

1 - I don't know if e-Sword uses scripts to install itself or not, but I do know that Norton has a script blocker. Some areas of Norton try to stay on whether you exit Norton or not. Look for the script block setting, check it "NO" to disable it, reboot the computer, and try to install e-Sword again.

2 - It's possible that you have some other program that conflicts with the installation of e-Sword, so make sure that you turn all Windows programs off, including Norton. It's sometimes pretty hard to find out what all is running unless you have a pretty good task manager. I like to use a really nice piece of FREEWARE called "SmartClose" to shut everything down and make it easier to install new programs. You should be able to get the latest copy of "SmartClose" at:

http://www.bm-productions.tk

It is completely FREE with no strings attached, and I've used it for about a year with no problems at all. It's almost automatic and does a good job of shutting everything down without the user having to know a lot of technical information. It may ask you about shutting down some programs - just say "Yes". Wait until it's finished and try your e-Sword install again right then without a reboot.

3 - If this doesn't work, the only other idea I have right now is that your copy of the e-Sword software might be corrupt, especially if you downloaded it and had some sort of break in the download.

Brother, please let me know if any of this works. If it doesn't, I really can't think of anything else to try right now. I know that e-Sword is completely FREE, but I also know that it's first-class software, and I've never heard of anyone having a problem installing it. Most new users I've talked to had it up and running smoothly in minutes, and it should be on millions of computers now. So, I think there is something very unusual here. Please let me know.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Revelation 21:3-4 NASB  And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the