Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:07:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Great Book," Purpose Driven Life", by Rick Warren
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great Book," Purpose Driven Life", by Rick Warren  (Read 2207 times)
Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2003, 01:24:55 PM »

Awesome Book!!!!!!! It Really makes you dig down deep inside yourselfs.  If your looking to become more spiritual or deeper in your faith this is a great book to help you do that.
                       Terri

The Lord is my strength, my hope, and my happiness!!!!
Holeinmysoul

Jeremiah 2:13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 02:55:23 AM »

I liked the book too  Smiley

Hols

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 07:12:18 AM »

It is an awesome book! I'm halfway through it now!  Grin

Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 09:28:42 AM »

Hi Holeinmysoul, and Sincereheart,

It's nice to see others reading this book and really enjoying it.

I belong to a book club on line. We have 12 people from all over reading this book and answering the questions at the end of each chapter. This week we are working on Chapter 7 question. If you are interested in joining our book club IM me and I will send you my email address and I would need yours to add you to the club. Every Monday we answer the next chapter question. It nice to read others responses.

It's amazing what this book is doing in my mom's life. She was a carnel believer all her life, and this book is helping her see how important God is and having a relationship with him is.

Thanks for responding. I really think if more would read this book it could have a wonderful effect on the world!!!!!!
Christian Love,
Terri

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 06:38:08 AM »

What a wonderful idea!  Cheesy

Many thanks!

moira3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2003, 09:32:13 PM »

My church is starting that study during October. It sounds like a great study.

" Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."   Proverbs 27:1
Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2003, 04:00:07 PM »

Hi Moira3,

It is a really great book!!!!!! My mom who is a believer but not a doer is finially seeking a church to call her own. And it is because she is reading this book and it has touched her heart and showed her she needs to be doing more for Christ. I am just amazed at how this book is changing my mom.

I think your church will enjoy the study. Thanks for your post.
God Bless you
Terri

peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 04:47:05 PM »

INCREDIBLE BOOK!!! this book has literally cured me of so many of my issues.  God has spoken to me every single time I open this book!  When I first recieved it, I felt like I was lacking a purpose and didnt know where to go.  When I opened the book, the first words I saw were "You have a purpose!" Talk about a miracle.  Then, a little while ago, I felt broken off from the Lord and also hadn't done my bible study with Him in a VERY long time.  I wasn't quite sure how to open up the temporary block that had formed between myself and God.  When I opened up The Purpose Driven Life to the last chapter I stopped at, the headline of the chapter was "How to Restore Broken Fellowship With God."  This book has not ceased to amaze me.  My entire family is now reading it now, and I highly recomend it!!!

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
suzie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2003, 04:56:22 PM »

We are going to do the 40 Days of Purpose Campaign beginning in February. There is one going on this fall, and then one again in Feb and one in May.

The entire church reads the Purpose Driven Life book together, as well as the entire church is onboard with everything focusing on this. It is a church wide revitalization of personal, small group, church and beyond.....

Driven by Him

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 09:17:26 PM »

Howdy everyone!

Purpose Driven Life helped lead to my salvation. I knew something was missing from my life. A co-worker loaned me the book on a flight on December 1, 2003. I now know that it was no accident that I was given the book. I devoured it. I was hooked right away. I know that it was God missing from my life. I am going through the book again (I bought my own copy). I am now using the companion journal. I am learning a lot about myself and my walk with God by journaling. I plan on reading this book often. It is a good measuring stick. I will refer to the journal often. I do not often give rave reviews on anything. This book is exceptional.

Driven By Him
Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 01:40:07 PM »

HI Driven by Him,

That is sooooo wonderful that you were saved by reading this book. My mom was also saved by reading this book. I bought her a copy and told her to keep it and someday she would read it. At the time she wasn't open to hearing about God and the Christian way. But something told me, this book would open her heart. And I was really shocked she starting reading the book that day, she said she couldn't put it down. She was so taken by what Rick Warren had to say. It was only a matter of months and she found a church family, became baptized, and her life has changes soooooo much because of this book. She is now reading the Bible. My mom is 55 years old and was very set in her ways, but this book softened her harden heart. And I praise God for using Rick Warren as a vessel to reach souls!!!!!! I can now rejoice, and have confidence that I will see my mom is heaven in the end!!!!

God has truely blessed Rick Warren with the right words. Words that speak directly to your heart!!!!!!! Rick Warren will absolutely be rewarded in heaven for this wonderful book and for the many people he has brought to christ because of this book.

Your co-worker did a wonderful thing for you. Now you can be a vessel yourself and help change someone elses life. Buy a book or lend your book to someone who needs Christ in their life.  I agree with you this book needs to be read and reread. That is why I just buy books for others and keep mine close at hand.

Thanks for sharing that with everyone, and God Bless you on your Christian journey!!!!!!! May he always be your strenght, and your rock!!!!!!!!
Christian Love, Terri

joyunending

He is Risen!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 07:15:52 PM »

My husband and I read this book a few months ago and loved it.  We just started a small group discussion in our church yesterday.  We have about7 or 8 groups who meet in homes and discuss the past weeks readings.  It is awesome!  I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.  It will help open your eyes, heart, and mind to what God has in store for you...    Joy

Love in Him,  Joy
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2004, 09:34:30 AM »

We too have studied this book. Initially, I would have to say it made me look at my faith and what I was doing for God and prompted me to improve.

But on doing a more in-depth study a second time around I came to realize that there were some things I wasn't quite happy about; a lot of bible references come from different versions, which is quite all right in some respects, but some that he use (for instance some from the Message) come out with a totally different meaning that what is given in King James.

I don't want to stop anybody from reading it, because it's wonderfully helpful, but be cautious about what you read in it, and please, please check the biblical references.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Reba
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2004, 09:43:57 AM »

I am remembering the early 70's when the discipleship movement snuck into the church...
joyunending

He is Risen!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 07:32:15 AM »

I think that anyone who does the group discussions, if they are people who truly read their Bibles, would discuss that.  I know that there have been a few times already where we discussed that this is one mans opinion, but that is what the discussions are all about.
  Getting everyones input and that means some who don't agree with anything , some who have been totally blessed by the book, and some who are taking it for what it is.  A way of discussing what God put you on earth for, and how to live while we're here.  
   I still highly recommend it for anyone who likes to have a lively discussion of God and all that He has in store for those who follow and study His word.....
          Joy

Love in Him,  Joy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the