Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:38:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  abuse
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: abuse  (Read 1214 times)
nicorette

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2006, 04:18:30 PM »

Hello guys,

I am new here and i was wondering if you could include me in your prayers..

I have lost hope and need your help to pray with me.  I am going through a lot of verbal and physical abuse in my marriage and I know that all is possible through the Lord and I believe that our prayers will be the most powerful solution that my marriage needs.. My husband is not a believer and I am.

He is easily tempered and I do not know what to do at this point.  I am willing to give out marriage a chance, as i always ask myself what would Jesus do if he was in the same situation..

I am very destroyed emotionally and self esteem as low as you can imagine.. My husband and i havent talked for a while.. im staying home while hes at work..  Please pray with me to save my husband from the evil ways of the enemy...

Thank you and may God bless each any every one of you today..
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 04:33:52 PM »

Nicorette, you are singing my song.  I am in the exact situation with my marriage.  Of course I will pray for you and with you.  PLEASE EMAIL ME, we can support each other!  I'm so happy that you found your way here ~ you have now surrounded yourself with supportive, loving Christians that will be here for you.  Don't be discouraged, we'll get through this.  Think positive, remain gentle, live with grace, praise the Lord and lean on your Christian brothers and sisters.  That's what we're here for.  There are a couple of ladies here that are abuse survivors and I'm sure they will offer their love and support too.  Just hang in there Sweet One!  We're not alone ~ Jesus suffers right along with us.

I look forward to hearing from you ~ please don't lose hope.

Blessings ~

Terri
"TalkerCat"

WELCOME TO CHRISTIANS UNITE!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 04:41:16 PM »

Hi nicorette,

Welcome to Christians Unite. Yes I will be praying for you and your husband.

Please take the time to look around the different posts here and feel free to jump in on somew hte wonderful fellowship we have.

If there is anything we can do to help please feel free to ask.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 05:36:17 PM »

Hello nicorette, yes I will pray for you, and your husband in this matter.

Comfy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:58:03 PM »

Hi Nicorette. I will be praying for you just as well. I'm in an emotional and verbal marraige myself and have dealt with it for 23 years now. My husband is a believer, which makes it difficult for me at times to trust in the Lord, and to understand how God can allow it. I do hang on to God, sometimes with a little shred of hope. I know the pain and heartache. You're in my prayers. God bless you! 
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 04:39:00 AM »

Hello Nicorette,

Welcome to Christians Unite! I will definitely be praying for you.

I must tell you that JESUS loves you, and you are a person of great worth to Him and many Brothers and Sisters in Christ. HE loved you enough to die for you, and HE didn't form you to be beaten and abused. You deserve respect, kindness, and love.

I'm a retired police officer, and I will be happy to help you in any way that I can. The main thing I want you to know now is there are options, and you don't have to put up with this. Not knowing about the options is the number one reason why many women continue in these situations. Please feel free to ask and I promise that I won't meddle in your business. I'll simply help with information or whatever else you ask me to do.

In the meantime, I will be praying for you. We do have a lot of sweet Christians here, and we would love for you to stay with us and share with us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 15:5-7 NASB  Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 04:06:55 PM »

Looks like we should form a support group for those of us living in or having survived an abusive relationship.  What does the Mod Squad think?

=^..^=

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 04:23:22 PM »

I don't know specifically what you mean by support group but I would think that all of CU is indeed a support group for many. The fallen, the weak, the poor, the sick, the trodden on ... all that are seeking Him are welcome here and given support as we are able.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 04:26:03 PM »

Yessir, I know all too well how wonderfully loving and supportive CU is..... I just thought that since there seems to be at least 4 of us (that I've encountered) that we can talk to each other ~ that's all.

Blessings ~

=^..^=

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 11:07:00 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

We all have needs of different kinds. It's nice to know about the power of prayer and go to a place to talk with other Brothers and Sisters in Christ any time we wish. If someone says that they don't need prayer, they are really just keeping a secret. The wonderful thing about prayer is that God knows all of the secrets, so we really don't need to know much for God to still love to hear our prayers.

New folks are welcome to ask for prayer and not give many details if they wish. We understand and simply hope they stay long enough to get to know us, trust us, and join our circle of prayer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 12:54:47 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

We all have needs of different kinds. It's nice to know about the power of prayer and go to a place to talk with other Brothers and Sisters in Christ any time we wish. If someone says that they don't need prayer, they are really just keeping a secret. The wonderful thing about prayer is that God knows all of the secrets, so we really don't need to know much for God to still love to hear our prayers.

New folks are welcome to ask for prayer and not give many details if they wish. We understand and simply hope they stay long enough to get to know us, trust us, and join our circle of prayer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
AMEN brother!

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 11:43:14 AM »

You're eloquent as usual Sweetpeas

=^..^=

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the