Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:41:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christ died on Thursday and rose on Sunday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christ died on Thursday and rose on Sunday  (Read 9657 times)
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2003, 03:13:03 PM »

Now here is a clue.

Mat 27
54  Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
55  And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:
56  Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.
57  When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:
58  He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.
59  And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,
60  And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
61  And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.
62  Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,
63  Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.
64  Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
65  Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.
66  So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.

Note verse 62;

What is so difficult to believe, the next day following the day of preparation which would have been the Sabaath, would find these two women, sitting over against the sepulchre??

I would assume many would visit the tombs of their loved ones on the day of rest, or was walking to the burial places against the Law?

Assuming Jesus was crucified on Friday..

The setting of the guard obviously didn't not happen the same night Jesus first laid in the tomb, it was set the following day, according to this passge..

I just see, problems for the idea, proposed Jesus was crucified on any other day but Friday,

The reason,..................In on account of  Lk 24:21  "to day is the third day"

Matching it perfectly to the prophecy,

Jesus died about the 9th hour, was buried before sundown, this then would be the First day, spending all night and day of the Sabaath, for the 2d day, and rising early the morning of Sunday (the first day of the week) the 3rd day.

Thus accounting for three days and three nights, in nthe tomb.

Your attention is called to;

Mk 16
9  Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week,................

To give the Greek flavor to this verse; her is the translation

Now having risen early [the] first [day] of the week,.................

This destroys any notion one might have that, Jesus rose, before the 1st day of the week..

Blessings,

Petro
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 03:18:42 PM by Petro » Logged

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2003, 02:11:03 PM »

Now here is the final verses which put this matter to rest once and for all.

Mk 15
37  And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
38  And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
39  And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.
40  There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;
41  (Who also, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and ministered unto him;) and many other women which came up with him unto Jerusalem.
42  And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
43  Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.

Add that verse above to the one I have already presented, and you've got the end of all discussion..

Mat 27
59  And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,
60  And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
61  And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.
62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,

Now, there is no more need to speculate, if anyone should ever ask;

When was JESUS crucified?? , the answer will always be,  FRIDAY , the day of preparation..which is the day before the Sabaath.

Blessings,
Petro

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2003, 07:14:21 PM »

Wel, I didn't figure anyone would respond of this subject, further,  but I did want to confess something;

I always have wondered, where and when Mary Magdalen and Mary got the sweet spices, they brought with them, on the first day of the week?

But I never let that distract me, from what the scriptures teach, concerning this point..of the Resurrection.

Blessings,
Petro

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the