Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:16:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I always wanted to know one thing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I always wanted to know one thing  (Read 2998 times)
LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2006, 11:30:49 PM »

Looking at the whole history of women and how we were treated and seen by men in the past to how it all is today. Now this might be a really tough question to answer and I hope I dont sound like a feneminst or anything but I always wanted to know why so many times through out history we were seen as these dangerously, weak (anything you can ever think of thats negative) type of beings. I mean its easy to say "oh thats because we are all short of the glory of God and men aren't perfect" and all that but for what reasons though? Is it because God having created us as emotional beings that a lot of men think its easy to get control of us? the women in most Muslim countries is a great example of this. Just a while back I was pondering about why God created me a woman, and that also made me ponder on the thought of how we are more emotional then men are. If you kinda think about it, being an emotional being is not a weakness (depending how you take it out, how you use your emotions and all that.) being an emotional being has a certain kinda hope and strength to it.
Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 06:50:27 AM »

I certainly believe that God made men and women different for many reasons.  Women aren't necessarily weaker, because there are many areas in which women are stronger such as pain thresholds and maybe multi-tasking.   Wives are certainly to be submissive and responsible to our husbands, but husbands are also to treat women with respect and love.  It's usually easier for women to express their emotions than for men, but men certainly still have emotions. 

God loves men and women, and created each person with his/her unique qualities. 

...all things were created by Him and for Him...Col. 1:16
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 07:34:24 AM »

Looking at the whole history of women and how we were treated and seen by men in the past to how it all is today. Now this might be a really tough question to answer and I hope I dont sound like a feneminst or anything but I always wanted to know why so many times through out history we were seen as these dangerously, weak (anything you can ever think of thats negative) type of beings. I mean its easy to say "oh thats because we are all short of the glory of God and men aren't perfect" and all that but for what reasons though? Is it because God having created us as emotional beings that a lot of men think its easy to get control of us? the women in most Muslim countries is a great example of this. Just a while back I was pondering about why God created me a woman, and that also made me ponder on the thought of how we are more emotional then men are. If you kinda think about it, being an emotional being is not a weakness (depending how you take it out, how you use your emotions and all that.) being an emotional being has a certain kinda hope and strength to it.

LilJesusFreak, here is are 2 paragraphs from a book I am reading tittled 'When God Persues A Woman's Heart':

Have you ever wondered what was going on in God's mind when He fashioned woman thousands of years ago in the limitless beauty of Paradise?

It must have been an adventure for Him, a special undertaking, a precious moment in which He performed His last, crowning act of creation.

As I read these first two paragraphs, I couldn't help but realize, just how true this is and how we tend to overlook it. Woman was the last thing God created on earth. And He created woman as a crowning glory for man. Just try to imagine how excited God must have been to present man with this speacial, beautiful creature made just for him. It sort of reminds me of when I buy a gift for my husband or one of my children, I can barely contain the excitement of giving the gift. I want to see the joy in my beloved's face when they get what I give them. That is how God must have felt when He mad woman and presented her to man.
Alas, but when sin entered into the world and man fell short of God's glory, he began to enjoy his life less and less, he now had to work hard to feed his wife and family, he had to make shelter for them and protect them from wild animals. The woman was not very happy either, but God had said that her desire would be for her husband. The man was perhaps bitter and resentful. The once beautiful woman God had given him was now ageing, her body was not as beautiful anymore. Man was now full of sin, perhaps he no longer aprreciated the wonderful gift God had given him. Woman too was full of sin, but man probably deep down in his heart blamed her for all his troubles. We don't know for certain, but those are just a few thoughts I ponder on.
When a person is full of pride, and has a poor self image and low self esteem, and worst of all is separated from God, that person tries to make him/herself look better, by putting others down. Somehow to sinful man/woman, makeing another person feel inferior might make him/her feel more in control.
Now I am not saying that this is a fact in all of human kind, but it is perhaps one reason why women were treated that way.
Once a man comes to know God again and is made righteous, by the attoneing Blood of the Lamb, he begins to see his wife in a whole different aspect, and begins to treat his wife as the Bible says he should.
These are just my thoughts not anyone else's.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 07:39:07 AM by airIam2worship » Logged

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
leahbeans

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:24:24 AM »

Have you ever wondered what was going on in God's mind when He fashioned woman thousands of years ago in the limitless beauty of Paradise?

It must have been an adventure for Him, a special undertaking, a precious moment in which He performed His last, crowning act of creation.

As I read these first two paragraphs, I couldn't help but realize, just how true this is and how we tend to overlook it. Woman was the last thing God created on earth. And He created woman as a crowning glory for man. Just try to imagine how excited God must have been to present man with this speacial, beautiful creature made just for him. It sort of reminds me of when I buy a gift for my husband or one of my children, I can barely contain the excitement of giving the gift. I want to see the joy in my beloved's face when they get what I give them. That is how God must have felt when He mad woman and presented her to man.
Alas, but when sin entered into the world and man fell short of God's glory, he began to enjoy his life less and less, he now had to work hard to feed his wife and family, he had to make shelter for them and protect them from wild animals. The woman was not very happy either, but God had said that her desire would be for her husband. The man was perhaps bitter and resentful. The once beautiful woman God had given him was now ageing, her body was not as beautiful anymore. Man was now full of sin, perhaps he no longer aprreciated the wonderful gift God had given him. Woman too was full of sin, but man probably deep down in his heart blamed her for all his troubles. We don't know for certain, but those are just a few thoughts I ponder on.
When a person is full of pride, and has a poor self image and low self esteem, and worst of all is separated from God, that person tries to make him/herself look better, by putting others down. Somehow to sinful man/woman, makeing another person feel inferior might make him/her feel more in control.
Now I am not saying that this is a fact in all of human kind, but it is perhaps one reason why women were treated that way.
Once a man comes to know God again and is made righteous, by the attoneing Blood of the Lamb, he begins to see his wife in a whole different aspect, and begins to treat his wife as the Bible says he should.
[/quote]
That is absolutely beautiful!  I love that, and I'm going to e-mail that to a few ladies I know.  Thank you so much for posting that
God bless
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 01:54:07 PM »

Leahbeans, thank you and Welcome to CU. Those first 2 Paragraphs were from a book I'm reading titled When God Persues a Woman's Heart. The author is Cindi McMenamin. She is also the author of When Women Walk Alone, I haven't read that one yet, but I intend to buy it and read it when I finish the one I'm reading.
In Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 04:18:57 AM »

LilJesusFreak, here is are 2 paragraphs from a book I am reading tittled 'When God Persues A Woman's Heart':

What really got me to ask this is the book that Im currently reading right now. Its called "Islam and the Bible" its one of those books that is supposed to help out know and understand better the Muslim culture and all that. A really good one though. So in this book David Goldmann gets down to the topic of women, he uses both the Bible, Koran, and the Hadith (which is Muhammed's personal words and witness accounts) to show the difference's of how Bible based Christian men treat their wives and women in general and how Muslim men treat women. Muhammed actually said that hell is filled w/ more women than men and that a testimony of a woman is worth that of 2 men combined therefore Muslim men need to look at women as dangers to society and all that. The brought up everything about the history of women and made me think why we are seen as something that is low and all that stuff.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 09:15:11 AM »

Men like these forget that their mothers were women. If it wasn't for the women they certainly wouldn't be here. The Bible clearly states that a man must love his wife as his own self, and the 2 shall become 1, there are many many more scriptures on how God wants men to treat their wives. Perhaps they should read the books of Song of Solomon, a truely romantic Biblical view of how a mean loves his wife. Also Esther, Ruth, and  in Judges we read how God use Deborah not only as a prophetess but also as a judge. In the NT we read of Anna, a widow of many years, who served God in the temple day and night. In both the Old and New Testaments we read how God commands for the widow and the orphan to be cared for. God show no partiality, who are these men that they should. God uses women in mighty ways, He does not favor men over women, we are all His creation, Jesus died for men and women alike. Those eastern religions are not only false religions, but they defy God's Word when they treat women as if they were of less importance, maybe to them they are, but most certainly not to GOD!  God honors women the same as He does men. and when these muslims get to hell they will find out exactly just how many more men there will be there, men are supposed to be the head of the household and lead that househole in love as Jesus loves the church. I'm not saying that there are more men than women but they will know for sure then, they will not have a doubt as to why they are there.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »

Please forgive me for breaking into the women's area. I think it important though to say this. As airIam2worship said, both men and women are just as important to God. We both have our place according to His plans, yes and that place is different. That does not make one any less than the other.

Although the Muslims did indeed come from the seed of Abraham they moved away from God and started following satan and his ways. I strongly urge anyone reading about the koran to be careful of not getting mixed up. It is very important to stay strongly founded in what the Bible says. Irregardless of what some people think the koran is the opposite of the Bible and in no way similar. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the book that you are reading. I haven't read it so therefore cannot comment on it. All I am saying is that if the comparisons it makes between Bible and koran say they are similar or alike then I would discard it for that is not true. They are totally different.

God set a household up to where the main is the head just as He set the Church up with Him as the head. The Bible tells us though that in the Church all are a part of the body. Not all can function as a hand, not all can function as a foot but that all are just as important to the work of the Lord as the other. This is the same in the family, we are all just as important as the other. Without one or the other the family is broken, it doesn't work.

As men, we are to run the family as Jesus does the Church. With love and compassion, caring for all members of the family equally as much as we do ourselves, not putting our own interests and desires ahead of any. In fact Jesus tells us that in the Church the greatest is the least. That although He leads the Church that He Himself is the servant to the Church.

The devil does not want it this way. He wants the family broken as he does the Church. Therefore he puts in divisions such as in the koran trying to make people think that one is better than the other. Unfortunately many have fallen to this including Christians.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 11:01:30 AM »

AMEN PR, the Koran is a book I would never want to read or study or compare with God's Word. As far as I am concerned God's Word is the Truth and Only Truth. God's Word is final. I don't need to compare it to any other book, I know that I know in my heart that it is God's Word and that He is the Only True Living God.

LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 02:00:34 AM »

I have a copy of the Koran, and occasionally I'll look into it, of coarse w/ the bible by my side. I have to say that all those people who think that the word of God is contradicting, wail untill they read sections of the Koran and read the history about that book. According to Islam "God" has the right to change a revelation for a "much better one". That littereally means that they dont believe in God, heck they dont even believe in "Allah" they LITTERELY see Muhammed as their "god". and its really sad too.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 02:06:40 AM »

AMEN PR, the Koran is a book I would never want to read or study or compare with God's Word. As far as I am concerned God's Word is the Truth and Only Truth. God's Word is final. I don't need to compare it to any other book, I know that I know in my heart that it is God's Word and that He is the Only True Living God.
Sister, I have read parts of the koran, praying before hand. Always with a Bible, close at hand. All I can say is......... God's Word is the Truth and Only Truth. God's Word is final!! Allah is nothing but a phony front, for satan.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 09:21:54 AM »

Proverbs 31:1

The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught him.
 Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the