Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:10:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Name"Is Meth!"(such a sad issue,drug abuse,hearbreaking poem)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Name"Is Meth!"(such a sad issue,drug abuse,hearbreaking poem)  (Read 4858 times)
tiger_lily33

Only what We Do For Christ Will Last Forever

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »

(got this in my email.. thought it was so heartbreaking.. really pins down to a fine point what drug abuse is about,, thought id share..)

METH.............................

This was written by a young Indian girl who was in jail for drug charges, and was addicted to meth.  She wrote this while in jail.  As you will soon read, she fully grasped the horrors of the drug, as she tells in this simple, yet profound poem.  She was released from jail, but, true to her story, the drug owned her.  They found her dead not long after, with the needle still in her arm.

Please keep praying for our people to understand.   This Meth Drug is worse than most of us realize...

My Name: "Is Meth!"

I destroy homes, I tear families apart,
take your children, and that's just the start.

I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,
The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.

If you need me, remember I'm easily found,
I live all around you - in schools and in town

I live with the rich, I live with the poor,
I live down the street, and maybe next door.

I'm made in a lab, but not like you think,
I can be made under the kitchen sink.

In your child's closet, and even in the woods,
If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.

I have many names, but there's one you know best,
I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.

My power is awesome, try me you'll see,
But if you do, you may never break free.

Just try me once and I might let you go,
But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.

When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,
You do what you have to -- just to get high.

The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms
Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms.

You'll lie to your mother, you'll steal from your dad,
When you see their tears, you should feel sad.

But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised,
I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.

I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,
I turn people from God, and separate friends.

I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,
I'll be with you always -- right by your side.

You'll give up everything - your family, your home,
Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.

I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give,
When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.

If you try me be warned - this is no game,
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.

I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind,
I'll own you completely, your soul will be mine.

The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed,
The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.

The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see,
I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.

But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,
That you are mine, and we shall not part.

You'll regret that you tried me, they always do,
But you came to me, not I to you.

You knew this would happen, many times you were told,
But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.

You could have said no, and just walked away,
If you could live that day over, now what would you say?

I'll be your master, you will be my slave,
I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.

Now that you have met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not? It's all up to you.

I can bring you more misery than words can tell,
Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell.

Stop telling God how big your storm is, instead, start telling your storm how big your God is!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:30:21 PM »

Hello Tigerlily,

YES, meth is all of that and much worse. Average people have no idea until they see the ugly horns of meth close to them. It can literally eat a person alive within days or weeks, and people CAN actually be hooked on the first or second use. It really is almost impossible to believe until you see it, and then it's a nightmare that you can't ever forget.

Use of this horrible street drug went sky high in my last few years of police work. I can honestly say that it is worse than alcohol and every other drug combined. One case sticks out in my mind. A son killed his mother for his next $20 fix of meth. He stabbed her so hard with a butcher knife in the chest that the blade went all the way through her.

Meth is simply in charge and nothing else matters. The same is true for many other drugs. I'll get off my soap box now and simply say to do everything you can to make sure that your children never touch this stuff - PRAY THEY DON'T!

Love In Christ,
Tom

3 John 1:2-4 NASB  Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers. For I was very glad when brethren came and testified to your truth, that is, how you are walking in truth. I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 11:56:39 PM »

Meth is simply in charge and nothing else matters. The same is true for many other drugs. I'll get off my soap box now and simply say to do everything you can to make sure that your children never touch this stuff - PRAY THEY DON'T!

Amen brother and everything within the power of God to get them away from it if they have already fallen prey to it!

Sister I am glad that you posted this here today. I borrowed it for another thread on a related subject here on the forum as I am sure that you won't mind my doing so.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 03:19:25 AM »

Report: More People Seeking Meth Treatment

By SAM HANANEL, Associated Press Writer 51 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Drug treatment centers have seen a substantial rise in the number of people seeking help for methamphetamine abuse, a report released Thursday said.

As trafficking in the highly addictive drug has spread across the country, the number of meth users admitted to substance abuse clinics more than quadrupled from 1993 to 2003, according to a review by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.

The report was released hours before the Senate passed legislation to combat meth by limiting sales of cold medicines used to make the illegal drug.

States in the Midwest and South that had few meth abuse patients a decade ago are now seeing a sharp rise in the rate of admissions to treatment centers, the report said. The findings mirror the trend of meth abuse moving gradually from the West — where the drug first became popular — across the Midwest and South to the East Coast.

"It's not that the prevalence of meth is changing, but the addictive nature of this drug and the meth crisis is showing up in drug treatment programs," said Mark Weber, an associate administrator for the agency. "They're being overwhelmed by the number of people showing up for treatment."

Nationwide, the admission rate for treatment of methamphetamine or amphetamine abuse rose from 28,000 in 1993 to nearly 136,000 patients in 2003, the report said. The review analyzed data on the approximately 1.8 million patients admitted each year for substance abuse treatment.

The report found 18 states with meth treatment rates higher than the national rate: Oregon was highest, followed by Hawaii, Iowa, California, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Washington, Montana, Arkansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Minnesota, South Dakota, Colorado, Missouri, Idaho and Kansas.

Northeastern states had relatively low rates of treatment admissions for meth and amphetamine abuse in 1993 and those rates remained low in 2003, the report said.

Part of the reason meth has become epidemic in some states, experts say, is that it's easy to make in illegal makeshift labs and extremely cheap compared to other drugs.

"You get can get addicted to meth very quickly and the slide downward is much faster than drugs like alcohol, marijuana or heroin," said Stephan Arndt, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Iowa and director of the Iowa Consortium for Substance Abuse Research and Evaluation.

"These people crash and burn fast," Arndt said. "Health goes down, you're not eating, you're not sleeping. You're more likely to lose the car, lose the wife, lose the house and your job."

In his budget request last month, President Bush proposed $25 million in new money for meth treatment.

The Senate, meanwhile, passed anti-meth legislation Thursday — as part of the bill reauthorizing the USA Patriot Act — that would require cold pills like Sudafed to be placed behind store counters. Those medicines contain pseudoephedrine, which can be extracted and used to cook meth in makeshift labs.

"Because of the steps we are taking, many Americans will never experience the addiction and destruction of this deadly drug," said Sen. Jim Talent (news, bio, voting record), R-Mo., who co-sponsored the anti-meth bill with Sen. Dianne Feinstein (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif.

Under the bill, consumers would be limited to 3.6 grams, or about 120 cold pills, per day, and 9 grams, or about 300 pills, per month. Buyers would need to show photo identification and sign a logbook.

The measure also provides nearly $100 million for law enforcement to investigate and lock up meth offenders and establishes new reporting procedures for countries that export chemicals used to make meth.

The House is expected to pass the Patriot Act next week and send it to Bush, who has promised to sign it by March 10.

Report: More People Seeking Meth Treatment

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the