Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:39:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Chocolate is a Vegetable
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chocolate is a Vegetable  (Read 7485 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2006, 07:09:40 AM »

Chocolate is a Vegetable!

Other little known Chocolate facts:

Chocolate is derived from cacao beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar CANE or sugar BEETS. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.

To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy product. So candy bars are a health food.

Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit; so eat as many as you want.

If you've got melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly.

Problem: How to get 2 pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car. The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.

Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you'll eat less.

If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves. (We're testing this with other snack foods as well.)

If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, is that a balanced diet? Don't they actually counteract each other?

Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn't that handy?

If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?

If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top pantyhose. An entire garment industry would be devastated. You can't let that happen, can you?

NEWS FLASH: "Stressed" spelled backward is "desserts."
So, to reverse being "stressed" . . . CHOCOLATE!!!

Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:49:09 AM »

Now, dear, sincereheart, why in the world would you post an article about chocolate in the "Just for Women" secton!!??? Wink 

Are you a fellow choc-aholic?  I admit that I usually have some form of chocolate everyday, and I'm not huge, just a little overwt.  From my avatar, I look downright thin, ha.

Thanks for the chuckle.

...all things were created by Him and for Him...Col. 1:16
ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 05:50:06 AM »

I do not like chocolat at all.
I'm a crisp and pretzel gal myself.

My daughter would like to lay her hands on this list, I know. Cheesy

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 07:29:33 AM »

Now, dear, sincereheart, why in the world would you post an article about chocolate in the "Just for Women" secton!!??? Wink 
UH OH! Busted!  Grin

Are you a fellow choc-aholic?  I admit that I usually have some form of chocolate everyday, and I'm not huge, just a little overwt.  From my avatar, I look downright thin, ha.
I'm a chocolate snob.  Wink Must NOT be that generic stuff. MUST be milk chocolate. And along with that, I must confess I am a chocoholic!  Shocked
And isn't it grand to know that it's now rationalized to be a veggie?  Grin

Thanks for the chuckle.
My pleasure!  Cheesy

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 07:36:57 AM »

I do not like chocolat at all.
Oh that is sad! So very sad!  Cry

Wink

I'm a crisp and pretzel gal myself.
I'm all for the pretzel- covered in chocolate!  Grin

My daughter would like to lay her hands on this list, I know. Cheesy
LOL! Ah! A young woman after my own heart!  Kiss

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 04:47:35 PM »

UH OH! Busted!  Grin
I'm a chocolate snob.  Wink Must NOT be that generic stuff. MUST be milk chocolate. And along with that, I must confess I am a chocoholic!  Shocked

BUSTED!!

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 09:01:27 PM »

Shocked     Chocolate?!? Chocolate? Did someone say CHOCOLATE??   Shocked

>^..^<

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 09:16:18 PM »

Especially DARK CHOCOLATE!!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 11:56:56 PM »

YUCK!!! chocolate Give me peppermint!! Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 12:12:39 AM »

Ladies I couldn't resist popping in here on this subject. I love my chocolate. I have some everyday and there is good news for those of us that do love it.

A Dark Chocolate a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

Daily Dark Chocolate Good for the Heart, Loaded With Flavoniods

Here's news that's hard not to like. Eating a small, 1.6-ounce bar of dark chocolate every day is good for you. Very good for you, find Mary Engler, PhD, RN, of the University of California, San Francisco, and colleagues.

Now here is a medical experiment you would love to volunteer for. Engler's team divided 21 healthy adults into two groups. One group got a Dove Dark Chocolate bar every day for two weeks. Like other dark chocolate bars with high-cocoa content, this one is loaded with something called epicatechin. Epicatechin is a particularly active member of a group of compounds called plant flavoniods. Flavoniods keep cholesterol from gathering in blood vessels, reduce the risk of blood clots, and slow down the immune responses that lead to clogged arteries.

The second group that didn't get Dove bars wasn't totally left out. They, too, got dark chocolate bars. But their treats had the flavoniods taken out.

All subjects underwent high-tech evaluation of how well the blood vessels dilate and relax -- an indictor of healthy blood vessel function. Blood vessel stiffness indicates diseased vessels and possible atherosclerosis. Those who got the full-flavonoid chocolate did significantly better. Why? Blood tests showed that high levels of epicatechin were coursing through their arteries.

"This is the longest clinical trial to date to show improvement in blood vessel function from consuming flavonoid-rich dark chocolate daily over an extended period of time," Engler says in a news release. "It is likely that the elevated blood levels of epicatechin triggered the release of active substances that ... increase blood flow in the artery. Better blood flow is good for your heart."

Why Dark Chocolate Is Different

Not all chocolate is created equal. Dark chocolate contains a lot more cocoa than other forms of chocolate. And standard chocolate manufacturing destroys up to half of the flavoniods. But chocolate companies have now learned to make dark chocolate that keeps up to 95% of its flavoniods.

Sure, this seems like a scam. Can't you get more and better flavoniods from other foods? Surprisingly, the answer is "not really." Engler says that dark chocolate contains more flavoniods than any other food -- including green tea, black tea, red wine, and blueberries.

"Many people don't realize that chocolate is plant-derived, as are the fruits and vegetables recommended for a healthy heart," Engler says.

While a little dark chocolate is good, a lot is not better. Chocolate still is loaded with calories. If you're going to eat more chocolate, you'll have to cut back somewhere else. And remember that a balanced diet -- and plenty of exercise -- is still the key to heart health.

Engler's study was funded by the University of California, San Francisco, School of Nursing. The American Cocoa Research Institute, a nonprofit group funded by the chocolate industry, provided the chocolate used in the study.

The findings appear in the June issue of the Journal of the American College of Nutrition. Engler previously reported the findings at the 2002 Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association and at the Experimental Biology 2003 meeting.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 06:48:29 AM »

PR, I just may have to learn to acquire a taste for dark chocolate!  Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 06:51:56 AM »

BUSTED!!

*hangs head*  Lips Sealed

Tongue

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 06:55:30 AM »

Shocked     Chocolate?!? Chocolate? Did someone say CHOCOLATE??   Shocked

>^..^<

LOL! I sure hope so!  Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 07:02:03 AM »

Especially MILK CHOCOLATE!!

Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 07:07:26 AM »

YUCK!!! chocolate Give me peppermint!! Grin

Oh yeah! Peppermint covered in chocolate!  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the