Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:10:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  He's Always Watching
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: He's Always Watching  (Read 1500 times)
LdyBluEyez79

Luke 1:79

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2003, 12:18:54 PM »

Greetings!  My name is Sarah Morris and I was recently saved (about two months ago).  This is the first time that I am writing in a forum like this-so bear with me.

I am so releived, happy, comforted that I am able to understand of Jesus and the love the The Lord God has for us (especially in this time of mercy).  Here is what I guess is called my testimony:

When I was born, my mom ended up moving around and I was never able to get settled/established.  I would figure that my mom would take care of that for me..  But for some reason she had issues and ened up abusing (verbally and physically) my sister and I for what reasons I am not sure (it is not our fault--and it has made me part of who I am today).  

In time I learned not to expect anything from anyone.  Throught all I feel I have always had a respect and appreciation for a greater being I was just not able to label it.  (I speak this humbly)  Now I have a better understanding and am still learning.

After time, we ended up moving to southern California and getting somewhat developed there.  We ended being homeless for two weeks and many other lifes struggles and tribulations, but I keep reminding myself to be thankful for what the Lord has provided, because at least I was alive (barely, but I was).

During my high school years after, I tried to excel in the gifts that the Lord has given me, but there was drama at home.  I ended up getting involved with very immoral people who were guiding me in the wrong direction.  I admit/take responsibility and I do not like to blame anyone but myself: I made the choices to fall into sin.  But as I realize, we all have.  We are sin-natured people and that is why God sent Jesus, so that we can have that guidance and discipline of what we are suppose to be.  We may not be able to be perfect (we are only human), but we can try.

Anyways, after high school I was involed with my high school sweetheart of three years.  I realize he was not saved and that is why the Lord split us up.  Because the Lord does love us and want His best for us.  Because we had a sinful relationship there were many problems.  After a few years with him, I left and and tried to be what every worldly girl who was 21 was into.  Unfortunately, that lead me down a pit that was very hard to get out of.

But throughout that tribulation, I met a man who was into the Lord.  And I realized that was what I wanted-what I needed.  (Lord, please forgive me, It was what You wanted all along).  A seed was planted in me a long time ago, and so I felt as if he started to water and care for this plant, and the growth thereof was rekindled.  When I first met him, I thought "He's the one."  God wants us to have a future together.  That is why the Lord had put me into that situation.  So I could meet him.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.

But after time and many ups and downs, the Lord has brought me to the home I am at now.  And is guiding me in the direction He thinks best.  I admit I still struggle with worldy things. (Lord please forgive me)  I am doing my best though to repent and get myself far away from people, places, and habits that could lead me towards the devil and his bad ways.  

So as for now, I have allowed two strangers to reside in the home that the lord had provided, but since I have been saved I have a better understanding of how the devil tries our faith.  My roommates are not saved (they say they beleive in God).  But as I was reading in James 2:20 "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?."  They can say all they want, but they need the show how they a believers.  It is very difficult for me, but it is God's will for now.

So to wrap it up...  I am a newly saved female with not much guidance.  But since I have heard and listened, I want to see: there is a Father in heaven that loves all of us.  We should give that love right back.  I feel there is a giant spirit (The Spirit) that will come in a day soon to gather His army of followers from the Book of Life.  Either Thank you for taking your time to read my testimony..  although I feel like I may be babbling.  The Lord wants me to speak about it.  God Bless and take care!!   Wink
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 01:45:08 PM by LdyBluEyez79 » Logged

There, but for the grace of God, go I.   Smiley
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 08:37:35 AM »

Hello, Sarah! Thank you for your testimony! If you ever need reassurance or comfort that humans can give, I'll be here!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
LdyBluEyez79

Luke 1:79

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 06:57:25 PM »

Greetings Willowbirch!  Thank you for your response.  This is my first forum.  But I am really thankful to hear all the testimonies, ideas, and concepts brought up.  I am able to read and communicate thoughts pertaining to the Lord without much persecution.  God bless you (and everyone!)  KIT

There, but for the grace of God, go I.   Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the