Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Being alone with a man not your husband
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being alone with a man not your husband  (Read 3672 times)
Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2006, 09:03:12 PM »

I'm having this issue come up more and more.  I know I live in a foreign culture but the same thing happened in the US at times.  When a guy friend of your husband comes by and your husband isn't home, do you allow him to wait with you in your house?  Do you take a ride in a car with a man not your husband?   

Yesterday a Chinese friend of mine who does facials and massages in her home, had a man come for an appt.  I was startled by this as I know she lives alone. 

Next week my boss has arranged for me to go to an event and he told me another man will be driving me the hour there.  Now, I have to make a big issue with him about why this isn't appropriate. Ugh

This kind of goes along with the modest dress clothing idea.  Ladies, do you also find it difficult to stand up for what is appropriate and honorable for your husband?  Even putting ourselves in a situation where even one party could be tempted in wrong.  What do you think?

...all things were created by Him and for Him...Col. 1:16
ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 05:39:47 AM »

I do not think that it is just about the temptation. The enemy is walking around looking for someone to tear into. He is also the father of all lies.

Even if you do not have the temptation, he may still find a way to use the situation by having a suspicious person see you together. One innocent remark can start a riot in a community and have caused the downfall of many an innocent party.

It is a difficult situation when it involves your duties at work.

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 05:45:41 PM »

I agree with Grieta, it is a difficult situation when it's your job ~ BUT I would never allow a friend of my husband to wait for him in my house ~ sorry, they just have to come back some other time.  In fact, I don't let his grown son wait for him ~ I'm the same age as his oldest and it just wouldn't be comfortable.  Taking a ride with or asking for a ride with a man alone is not respectful either.... but the work situation is a tough one.  Is there not another female going to this "event"?  If so, can you ride with her? If not, I don't see how you can get out of it.  Just make your position VERY CLEAR ~ you're a happily married, Christian woman with NO intention of disrespecting God, your husband, your marriage or YOURSELF!

Good Luck ~

>^..^<
TalkerCat

ps: ForHisGlory ~ I PM'ed you

Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 11:48:17 PM »

I did tell my husband's boss that I wasn't comfortable riding alone with this other man.  The timing is ok that my husband can go along, but it will be an inconvenience for him to have to wait for me, but it's for the best.

Thanks for replying.  Sometimes I feel invisible if no one replies Wink

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 12:17:20 PM »

Butterflies ~ ~ ~ My Sweet Sister, please don't feel "invisible", you can email me anytime!

Blessings,

>^..^<
TalkerCat

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 02:41:53 PM »

I did tell my husband's boss that I wasn't comfortable riding alone with this other man.  The timing is ok that my husband can go along, but it will be an inconvenience for him to have to wait for me, but it's for the best.

Thanks for replying.  Sometimes I feel invisible if no one replies Wink

Butterflies, you did the right thing, and your husband is doing the right thing by going with you, I'm sure he won't mind waiting for you and he feels honored by you. That is very important to a man.
You are not invisible, we all love you and sometimes some of us can't get to answer right away, but you are very prescious.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 12:51:43 AM »

Cheesy   Good to see you Sister Maria!  It's been awhile ~ email me.

>^..^<

Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 09:16:51 AM »

Thanks for saying I'm not invisible, ha.  My husband drove me to the meeting and we followed the other man in his car.  Everything was very comfortable. 

You guys are very sweet.  I appreciate you. Wink

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 09:25:56 AM »

Butterflies, I am happy that you and your husband drove your own car and not in the other fellow's car, that gave you a little extra time with your hubby, what a nice bonus.  Wink

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
HisJoy!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 11:54:39 PM »

Hi,

actually, I wouldn't be alone with someone who is not my husband.  Even in an office meeting with my pastor boss, we leave the door wide open with people passing by at all times.  But it is your own conviction, but you would be saving yourself a lot of headaches in the future. even if your heart is pure and right.  the devil likes rumors to tear down the sheep in any way.  as for clothing, I dress modest, but then again it is your own conviction.
I hope this helps?
 Smiley
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 10:28:03 AM »

Hello Hisjoy, welcome to CU, I look forward to more of your posts, I'm sure you will like CU

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the