Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:23:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Dear Friend Is Into NewAge...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Dear Friend Is Into NewAge...  (Read 1527 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: February 17, 2006, 01:41:05 AM »

I have a dear friend who is into new age healing etc.
He used to be a guitar player in a band we were in years ago.

He knows I am a die hard Christian, and I have ministered to him many, many times.
He was actually begining to get into Jesus for a time, then he kept hanging out with his holistic medicine friends. There's nothing wrong with holistic medicines, I use them from time to time.

My friend, Dave, took a three year course, and tried to start his own practice. It fell apart on him...three year collage courses are not sufficient for a person to begin a practice, and he fell flat on his face.

The people he hangs out with are into new age philosophies where they strive to find a "universal consciousness" and learn to "heal themsleves" in the same light as the great shamans of days gone by!

I have been patient with Dave because he is a bit of a suck. At times he has not spoken to me for months on end because I keep "hitting" him with my "intollerant Jesus" He believes Christians are intollerant of other religions and beliefs, such as homosexual Christians, and universal consciousness. Shocked He thinks that whatever a person believes in is "his/her" reality. Truth is not subjective Dave!!

Yet it's perfectly ok for Dave to be intollerant of literal Christianity.
He thinks it's ok to keep sending me e-mails with links to "gifted healers" such as this one...
www.dreamhealer.com as if I'm going to be interested in that crap! He knows I won't accept it, and he does it just to bug me.
Just look at the satanic garbage on that site!

I finally got real good and angry at him tonight after he sent me that link, and I hit him with a full shotgun load of Jesus!
I gave it to him good.
I told him that if he keeps on rejecting Jesus, he'll be spending all his eternal time with these "gifted healers" in the Lake of Fire!

I really let him have it.
I e-mailed a load of scriptural warnings in reference to these types of occult traps.
I told him "we are not gods who can heal ourselves" - I told him if he ever contracts cancer, he won't have to worrry because he'll just heal himself ! or, if he ever received a mortal injury, "hey, heal yourself Dave"!

Man did I get angry at him tonight. I have had enough of his accusations that I'm intollerant!
He spends all kinds of money on these self help books, but he refuses to read God's bible which is free! and Jesus is the greatest healer of all time!!

well, I guess that's enough venting...thanks for listening! Cheesy

Bronzesnake
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 02:15:12 AM »

Brother I will pray that God, doesn't harden your friend heart.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 08:04:57 AM »

..... and that God will open his eyes to the truth.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Annon Ashera

Prayer Warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 09:38:41 AM »

I wll pray for your friend. That Christ opens his eyes to the way, the truth, and the life.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 10:56:14 AM »

Thank you all. Dave is truely a dear friend, and I would hate for him to reject Jesus for eternity.
His position seems to be solidly stamped, but there is always hope.

D.W. That is what I fear the most my brother. God may have had enough of Dave's rejection, and God may indeed blind him and hearden his heart.

I have not heard back from him, so I know he is having a fit right now.
If I do hear back I will keep you all updated so we can all pray the appropriate prayers.

Bronzesnake
dp

Worker in the field

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 06:12:28 AM »

Bronzesnake,

I highly, very highly recommend you contact your Pastor or someone within The Church that's familiar with the 'new age' movement your friend is into, and may be willing to help, or guide you to a knowledgable Christian source on the matter. Those who were once into that mess and have come to Christ can be a much stronger witness than a believer that's never been associated with it. The non-believer doesn't want to be told they are wrong about their unbelief, they have to be shown 'how' those falsely influencing them are wrong. There is nothing new under the sun per God's Word. What has been will be again, as written in Eccl.1. So God's Word covers that involvement your friend is in and how to counter it, which is God's counsel for you, a believer. The last thing you want to do is get into heated anger-throwing arguments with him. Actions really do speak louded than words, especially in front of a non-believer when the accuser (devil) of our brethren is waiting to use it against us. Per the example of Ezekiel 37 about the dry bones, each time you witness to him, afterwards it's important to pray for his understanding. If you get to the point where you have finally exhausted all that, and there is no change, then it's time to leave it in Christ's hands. All we can do is plant seeds for our Lord, He is The One Who causes one to hear Him and His Truth.

In Christ Jesus,
dp
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the