Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Lightning Has Taste
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lightning Has Taste  (Read 1655 times)
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2003, 08:34:31 PM »

News Article Title:  "God strikes 'gay' radio station with lightning.  Link to Article.

Excerpt from article:
A homosexual webcasting radio station claims its facility was struck by lightning, frying critical phone equipment, and that an anti-"gay" activist's prayers are responsible for the hit.

Two notes on this:

1)  They say God is responsible, but none of them repented.   Sad

2)  They blamed it on God because Fred Phelps' daughter said, "I hope God shuts you two up good!"  Now, first, I believe Fred Phelps' church (www.godhatesfags.com) has very little to do with God.  Plus, a church was struck by lightning during a revival in the recent past that caused (I think about) $70,000 in damage.  Did God do both?

I think it may have very little to do with the supernatural, and a lot to do with people being too dumb to put well-grounded lightning conductors in buildings with much expensive electrical equipment.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Karl - Liberal Backslider

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 06:42:26 AM »

I find it unlikely their seriously saying it was God acting in response to Phelp's prayers.

I've emailed them asking for their actual statement.

Thank God you're not the jury
Thank God I'm not the judge
Here's to a bigger picture
Here's to a bigger love.

Liberal Backslider - Martyn Joseph.
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 12:31:31 PM »

I find it unlikely their seriously saying it was God acting in response to Phelp's prayers.

I was just quoting the news article on that one.

I've emailed them asking for their actual statement.

The station?

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 05:47:26 AM »

News Article Title:  "God strikes 'gay' radio station with lightning.  Link to Article.

Excerpt from article:
A homosexual webcasting radio station claims its facility was struck by lightning, frying critical phone equipment, and that an anti-"gay" activist's prayers are responsible for the hit.

Two notes on this:

2)  They blamed it on God because Fred Phelps' daughter said, "I hope God shuts you two up good!"  Now, first, I believe Fred Phelps' church (www.godhatesfags.com) has very little to do with God.  Plus, a church was struck by lightning during a revival in the recent past that caused (I think about) $70,000 in damage.  Did God do both?

I think it may have very little to do with the supernatural, and a lot to do with people being too dumb to put well-grounded lightning conductors in buildings with much expensive electrical equipment.

Right On

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 02:44:14 AM »

Excerpt from article:

Two notes on this:

I still really like the title of your thread though it's quite humorous.  I like your straight to the point style.  It's sort of like mine.   Cheesy  It doesn't go over all that well with some folk but oh well, tell it like it is.

I still find it humorous most people still don't know that lightning strikes up not down.  It's quite strange but quite interesting.

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 01:02:22 PM »

I still really like the title of your thread though it's quite humorous.  I like your straight to the point style.  It's sort of like mine.    It doesn't go over all that well with some folk but oh well, tell it like it is.

I still find it humorous most people still don't know that lightning strikes up not down.  It's quite strange but quite interesting.

Thanks for the encouragement.  I thought it did both.  Huh

Mr. 5020
---------------
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the