Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:33:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Patience
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patience  (Read 3663 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2006, 12:48:53 PM »

Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that which we do not see, then we wait for it with patience.

Life demands patience . . . and lots of it! We live in an imperfect world inhabited by imperfect people. Sometimes, we inherit troubles from others, and sometimes we create trouble for ourselves. In either case, what's required is patience. Lamentations 3:25-26 reminds us that, "Jehovah is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope for the salvation of Jehovah, even in silence". But, for most of us, waiting quietly for God is difficult. Why? Because we are fallible human beings, sometimes quick to anger and sometimes slow to forgive.

Are you impatient for your Heavenly Father to reveal His plans and to bestow His blessings? If so, remember that the world unfolds according to God's timetable, not our own. Sometimes, we must wait patiently, and that's as it should be. After all, think how patient God has been with us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 12:55:03 PM »

Job 6:11  What is my strength, that I should hope? And what is my end, that I should be patient?

Psa 140:7  O Lord Jehovah, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle.

Jam 5:7  Therefore be patient, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth and has long patience for it, until he receives the early and the latter rain.
Jam 5:8  You also be patient, establish your hearts, for the coming of your Lord draws near.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 10:17:29 PM »

Colossians 1:11 (AMP)  [We pray] that you may be invigorated and strengthened with all power according to the might of His glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy,

2 Thessalonians 3:5 (AMP)  May the Lord direct your hearts into [realizing and showing] the love of God and into the steadfastness and patience of Christ and in waiting for His return.

ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 06:35:03 AM »

Psa 37:7 (KJV) Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Psa 27:14  (KJV) Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 12:49:19 AM »

1Th 5:14  Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

Rom 2:7  To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the