Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:44:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who`s Doing This????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who`s Doing This????  (Read 3370 times)
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2005, 08:44:59 AM »

Some of us are on a forum i`ve never even seen before!  Huh

http://www.dorcas.org.tw/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1661&start=0  

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 08:58:29 AM »

This is a public forum.  Anyone can read what is posted up here and cut and paste it into anywhere else.  I don't know if the script is Chinese (Mandarin)Huh

It is a good idea not to use your real name and give out too much personal information:  addresses, phone numbers etc.  

In conversation, your words die away.  On the internet, they live forever and ever in cyberspace archives.  That is why it is so so great to quote scripture.  Who knows who the Word of God will reach?
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 01:19:52 PM »

Some of us are on a forum i`ve never even seen before!  Huh

I'm not quite sure...but I think *whispers* they're foreign... Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 01:47:41 PM »

Some of us are on a forum i`ve never even seen before!  ???

Shylynne,

Sister, I just came from there and will check it out. It appears that they are just copying portions of Christians Unite and posting it as their own. I might have enough information to at least find out where the server is. So far, I have mixed emotions about what they are doing. It could be quite innocent - maybe trying to learn some English and study Christian posts.

One of my aunts is trying to teach a large number of Chinese immigrants English and the Bible at the same time. It's quite a challenge since she doesn't speak Chinese. She is learning Chinese at the same time they are learning English, and she is using the Bible as her primary teaching text. At first glance, this might be innocent.

Sister, we also have some of our posts copied onto some horrible and evil places where God is mocked and cursed. In fact, they use  us for entertainment. The ones I'm thinking about speak English fine, and they hate Christians. We have also been on several militant atheist sites as entertainment and mockery. There are several ways to think about this. I know that God's Word is never wasted. I think that God's Word will be used on these horrible sites. I used to have a list of sites that I checked frequently for the plans of those who were coming to attack us more personally on Christians Unite. So far, I feel pretty good about the Chinese site when I think about the other sites that are completely evil. It's hard to imagine and sickening to read what they say about our Lord and Saviour. I'll simply say that it is obscene and sick beyond imagination.

I'll try to find out more about the Chinese site. If it's what I think it is, God is being served. I hope and pray that is exactly what's going on there. If so, I will simply pray for them. If the opposite is being done, I really don't know what we can do about it, but I will still pray for them.

If I find out anything, I'll share it here, and it would be nice if anyone else finds out anything to also share it here.

Regarding the bad sites posting our messages, I pray that the Sword of the Lord will pierce their hearts with HIS WORD. The more they hear HIS WORD, the better I like it. Faith comes by hearing, and they are hearing, even though they are doing it for mockery. They hate Christians enough to kill us, but GOD's WORD is much more powerful than they are.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 15:1-5  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 01:55:56 PM »

Shylynne,

Sister, it appears to be completely good, just what I thought it was.

The site is registered to:

Dorcas Family Ministry
Taipei, Taiwan

I know that some folks won't like their messages being copied and posted on another forum, but I honestly think that God is using our posts for good there.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:6-7  Be careful anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding. shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 04:31:57 PM »

Interesting. I'm going to Taipei, Taiwan on a mission trip with my youth group this summer.
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 05:50:36 PM »

Tom, I think most everyone is aware anything they post is subject to copy, but I  for one dont think it excusable that any website, Christian or otherwise, would do so in a manner that would make it appear as tho the author(s) of the material copied were a part of the forum.
Actually I find it rather disturbing that it was a Christian Webmaster that did this. There are non-professing people here who could read any approval of doing that (on the basis of "it was for a good cause") as a total double standard our our part.
I`m sorry this comes across as saying:
When you are bad you are just bad,
When we Christians are bad, God uses it for good.   Embarrassed
Anyways, thank you for checking it out, and I did`nt really expect anything could be done about it,  but good to be aware of how far some people will go to draw readers to their forums.  Roll Eyes

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 06:53:31 PM »

Shylynne,

Sister, I understand exactly what you are thinking and saying.

Here's what I don't know:

Do they understand our perception of what they are doing?

How grounded in the WORD are they? Are they babes in Christ, or are they still lost and trying to find out about Jesus?

Sister, I don't have a clue, but I would be happy to give them all of the English material they can handle. All they would need to do is give me a hint, and I would work night and day to provide the material they want and need. I would have considerable concerns about the language barrier, but I would try. This brings up several interesting questions. I really don't know how much material has been translated into Chinese for use. I'm almost sure that I have access to a freeware Chinese translation of the Holy Bible, but I don't know about studies to go with it, especially for the lost and the babes. Sister, I seriously doubt that they understand that what they are doing is considered wrong by anyone.

Sister Shelly, I may try to find some material for them and see if there is anyone who knows enough English for me to offer it to them or tell them where to get the material.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 11:28-30  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Reba
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 01:17:24 AM »

Mr. Bepster

Isa 55:11

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
KJV
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 01:32:56 AM »

Maybe if I was smart I wouldn't have my email address where people could see it.  I before got a scam that there was a poor cancer striken lady from Africa that wanted me to distrubute her 10 million dollars to charity. I knew it was a scam when the same brilliant person mailed me the same letter twice with bits of information changed a little.  They wanted to know where I lived.  Ha, like I would disclose that information!

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 10:23:43 PM »

Mr. Bepster

Isa 55:11

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
KJV

AMEN SISTER BECKY!

I believe this 1000%. Nothing from God's Word or truth about God's Word will ever be wasted. God will use it for His Purpose.

It's ironic that Brother Hank got some more information about this thread just today, including a person to contact. I do plan to contact them and offer help in obtaining materials for them to use.

I also shared a thought with Brother Hank about what would happen if someone stole my Bible. I would first be upset about it, but I would smile pretty quickly, save up my money, and go buy another one. The Christians in America are spoiled with massive amounts of good Christian material to study. If someone in America needs or wants a Bible, there is always some way of providing it. The same is true for study materials. We are rich, and we take for granted our freedom to obtain and study the things of the LORD. People risk their lives in other portions of the world to obtain and study the things of the LORD, so this is just something more to give thanks for.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Peter 1:18-19  Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 10:56:27 PM »

Maybe if I was smart I wouldn't have my email address where people could see it.  I before got a scam that there was a poor cancer striken lady from Africa that wanted me to distrubute her 10 million dollars to charity. I knew it was a scam when the same brilliant person mailed me the same letter twice with bits of information changed a little.  They wanted to know where I lived.  Ha, like I would disclose that information!

Kris,

I think that everyone gets spam, junk, scams, and cons. I actually think that some of the major email providers must give out personal information to their associates, and it is further leaked from there.

I really don't recommend anyone make their email visible on a forum, including Christians Unite. ADMIN is completely determined to keep private information about users PRIVATE, but there is obviously no way to protect information that is made visible on the forum. Email harvesters hit every forum regularly to get email addresses for advertising. There are various names for these email harvesters, but they are automated and resemble crawlers that get information for web searchers. Some call them mail-bots  and who knows what else. They will get your email address on Christians Unite UNLESS you hide it. If you hide it on Christians Unite, it is completely safe and private. I decided to hide mine after my junk mail, spam, scams, and cons, got greater in volume than my mail that I wanted.

The Nigerian scam is very old, but it still works, and some people actually believe they will get millions. It's very sad that greed sometimes causes people to lose most of everything they have on con games like this. There are thousands of con games just like this, and they all still work because of human greed.

This is much like the "YOU WON" con games. You beat their game when you simply say "send it to me - postage paid". If there are any other expenses involved, you pay them. "Further, I will need all of your contact information for my police report that I'm about to file."   Cheesy   It's interesting to note they actually have people pretending to be known organizations on some of the scams. AND, someone will actually answer the phone, but you won't be talking with anyone but another con man. Sadly, the same is true for many con games that pretend to be charities. You beat them by saying, "I'll take my donation directly to their nearest location. So, the opposite side of the coin in con games hits the sympathy button on the victim. Many of them are extremely hard to catch, but they should be reported if there is any possibility of catching them. The email con games are almost impossible to do anything with, so that's the reason why so many con games are tried by email and by bogus sites on the Internet. Many of them falsely impersonate legitimate charities and organizations. INCLUDING, the impersonation of charity programs sponsored by your local police and fire departments (i.e. Drug Busters, Toys for Tots, etc.). That's why most police and fire departments tell you to either put your donation in the hands of a uniformed officer or bring it directly to the station so you will know you were not the victim of another con game.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 26:3  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 01:41:48 AM »

I had a friend who went to that site. I cant read chinese but he can. He said it's just another forum and I think they were trying to start off with an example. He explained to me that the particular thread- which they copied from here -was like a haven for people troubled with their marriage. So the intent is good.

However, my friend agrees that they should have notified Christians Unite and there is no reference there.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the