Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Need discernment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need discernment  (Read 4972 times)
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2003, 06:04:41 PM »

Hi, everyone! For anyone who feels led to pray, I am in a situation where I have to make some extremely important decisions. As I sift through the options, I'm trying to discern what looks good from what is good. I need to know God's will from the clever counterfeit, and I don't think this is the time to wing it and see what happens. Anyone who wishes to pray, I'd be much obliged.

KiwiChristian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 10:51:53 PM »

You got it!!!
Let us know how you get on ok?

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 07:19:13 AM »

Cry I need some of that too. *sigh* Praying, Whitehorse.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 02:40:39 PM »

You'll be in my prayers!
God Bless,
LMarsh
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 08:26:16 PM »

Thanks, guys-I really appreciate it and I'll add you all to my prayer list as well. I'll be praying for your decision too, Willow. These decisions can be really hard sometimes. I need an opinion-when (if) and how do you permanently brush the dust off your feet when God has done mixed things in a certain area of evangelism?

peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 01:37:30 AM »

I'll be praying Whitehorse and Willowbirch!!!  But what do you mean, brush the dust off your feet?  (sorry, i'm a little slow)

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 01:38:44 AM »

I don't think this is the time to wing it and see what happens.

Hehe--- Cool

and how do you permanently brush the dust off your feet when God has done mixed things in a certain area of evangelism?

Hmmm, could we be a little bit more vague??(hehe-- Grin).

Lips Sealed

Oh, alright.  I'll pray.  

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 02:49:52 AM »

Thanks, guys-I really appreciate it and I'll add you all to my prayer list as well. I'll be praying for your decision too, Willow. These decisions can be really hard sometimes. I need an opinion-when (if) and how do you permanently brush the dust off your feet when God has done mixed things in a certain area of evangelism?

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

I will definitely pray for you. Remember that God's Word is never wasted. You may not know the results of the GOOD NEWS you shared, but HE knows if HE sent you to tell it.

If you are talking about Evangelism on the Internet, that is an extremely difficult medium of communication. Some types are easier than others (i.e. non-interactive messages). I know that forums and chat areas are also effective, but they are much more difficult to communicate in. The software now has the smileys and other ways to communicate feelings, but it is still very difficult to understand the real thoughts of those participating in discussions. Regardless, the message of the GOOD NEWS is never wasted, and I'm positive that God will use it.

I don't know the specifics of what you are talking about, but I would make a general observation. If you feel directed to go an do something for HIM, simply go and do your best. I know it may not be that simple, so I will be praying for you.

In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 01:16:30 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 10:03:49 PM »

Thanks Peachy, Symphony, and BEP! I've been talking to some people who are enemies of God but whom I dearly love. And I'm trying to figure out if it's God's idea or mine for me to be there. Some are receptive, some seem frightened. And the fear makes them lash out in irrational ways. But I care so much about them, it only makes me love them more, even though I don't really understand the fear. I see it, but don't understand it. I just want to make sure this is God's idea-I pray about it a lot but I'm still not sure. There is hostility from some, although they seem willing enough to talk about it...I don't know.

Blessings,
Whitehorse

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 01:31:11 AM »

I must first apologize about my first message to you about this issue. It looks like I was asleep on the first paragraph, and it didn't make much sense. I've fixed it now.

It sounds like a difficult situation. In the for what it is worth category, if I felt convicted to go I would go and keep going until I was asked to leave. Some of the fear, anger, and emotions you see from them might be the Holy Spirit working with the message you bring. I'm certainly not suggesting that you put yourself in danger or wind up in jail trying to help them. Now I'll have to share a special little smile with you about my 84 year old mother. My mother would tell you to go and let Jesus worry about it. I might add that she practices what she preaches and shares with street people, people doped out of their minds, and folks she's never met before. I might add that she goes alone over my objections and tells me to mind my own business.   Cheesy

I hope this at least put a little smile on your face while you are trying to make this difficult decision. I'll be praying for you.

In Christ,
Tom

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 06:58:57 PM »

Thanks, BEP! Your encouragement is very refreshing-that's great about your Mom!  

Cheesy

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2003, 08:03:15 PM »

Maybe you're looking at it too closely, WH??   I dunno.   Undecided

bep:  It looks like I was asleep on the first paragraph...

Lips Sealed
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2003, 08:20:45 PM »

Too closely? Heehee! Nope-not this crowd. It doesn't take spectacles to see the way they feel. Some day I'll take you guys on a little tour of where I visit! Bring an apron, and I hope you like eggs and rotten tomatoes, cuz that's what Christians eat there, they second they appear!  Grin

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2003, 08:28:11 PM »

Hmm.  Yikes.  I have a feeling I'm going to be eating alot of those one day soon.

Well, I'm praying for you, Whitehorse, in this situation.  Thank you for sharing it with us.  In Jesus' Name...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2003, 12:13:35 AM »

Here's one more little grin for you, but I won't be exaggerating much about my mother. My mother is an extremely strong and fierce Christian woman who very rarely ever gives up on anything. (No Kidding)

We could turn my mother loose on them. After several days or weeks, they would be like Jerry Clowery up in the tree with a mountain lion hollering, "Shoot up here amongst us, one of us has to have some relief."   Grin  If you are wondering, Jerry Clowery is an old country comedian. You may be too young to remember the name. He used to be on the Grand Ole Opry from time to time many years ago.

In Christ,
Tom  

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the