Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:49:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies  (Read 42963 times)
The Crusader
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2004, 04:24:29 AM »

My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Grace Alive
http://www.gracealive.us/index.html

Gospel, Gospel, Who's Got the Gospel? (Part 3 of 3)

The Gospel of the Grace of God

The Gospel of the Grace of God is a gospel message that is closely related to the Gospel of the Uncircumcision that we discussed above. The Gospel of the Grace of God is the message of salvation that is proclaimed to and by the Church, the Body of Christ, the topic of the Gospel of the Uncircumcision.

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

It should not be surprising to find that the time in which the Gospel of the Grace of God is preached, is called the Dispensation of the Grace of God.

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: Ephesians 3:1,2

While it is true that God has, throughout history, offered grace to various individuals and groups. (See Genesis 6:Cool, the thing that is unique about the Dispensation of Grace is that God is offering grace to ALL men. That is why the Gospel of the Grace of God is so closely related to the Gospel of the Uncircumcision. Today grace is not being offered only to the physical descendents of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. All men, without distinction, have been given the opportunity to be reconciled to God through the Body of Christ.

But now in Christ Jesus ye [Gentiles] who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both [Jew and Gentile] one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Ephesians 2:13-18

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26-28

The wrath of God that was to come to prepare for the establishment of the earthly kingdom has been withheld. Today God is not punishing the inhabitants of the earth for their sin and rebellion against Him. We can see a beautiful type of this offer of grace and mercy in the salvation and ministry of Paul.

And I [Paul] thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. I Timothy 1:12-16

Paul was the chief of sinners. He was leading the persecution of the kingdom church in early Acts. So intense as his hatred for God's people that the Scripture tells us that he was "breathing out threatenings and slaughter" against them. Certainly if there ever was a man that deserved the wrath of God, it was Saul. But instead of pouring out judgement and wrath, God reached down in mercy and grace and saved Saul. He then sent him to the world with the Gospel of the Grace of God, a gospel of which Paul was a pattern.

The Gospel of the Grace of God tells the good news of God's wrath withheld. It offers grace, mercy, and peace to all men. It is the message of the Church, the Body of Christ in the Dispensation of the Grace of God.

Who's Got Your Gospel?

The gospel messages for today are the gospels proclaimed by Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles in the Age of Grace; the Gospel of the Circumcision and the Gospel of the Grace of God. It is the message proclaimed by these gospels that he refers to as "my gospel" and that plays a key role in our establishment in the faith.

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, Romans 16:25

We cannot be established in the faith and lead a life pleasing to the Lord if we are following another gospel. Our gospel message is found in the epistles of Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles.

Amen

The Crusader
The Crusader
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2004, 07:36:08 AM »

Grace Alive
http://www.gracealive.us/index.html

Gospel, Gospel, Who's Got the Gospel? (Part 3 of 3)

The Gospel of the Grace of God

The Gospel of the Grace of God is a gospel message that is closely related to the Gospel of the Uncircumcision that we discussed above. The Gospel of the Grace of God is the message of salvation that is proclaimed to and by the Church, the Body of Christ, the topic of the Gospel of the Uncircumcision.

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

It should not be surprising to find that the time in which the Gospel of the Grace of God is preached, is called the Dispensation of the Grace of God.

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: Ephesians 3:1,2

While it is true that God has, throughout history, offered grace to various individuals and groups. (See Genesis 6:Cool, the thing that is unique about the Dispensation of Grace is that God is offering grace to ALL men. That is why the Gospel of the Grace of God is so closely related to the Gospel of the Uncircumcision. Today grace is not being offered only to the physical descendents of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. All men, without distinction, have been given the opportunity to be reconciled to God through the Body of Christ.

But now in Christ Jesus ye [Gentiles] who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both [Jew and Gentile] one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Ephesians 2:13-18

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26-28

The wrath of God that was to come to prepare for the establishment of the earthly kingdom has been withheld. Today God is not punishing the inhabitants of the earth for their sin and rebellion against Him. We can see a beautiful type of this offer of grace and mercy in the salvation and ministry of Paul.

And I [Paul] thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. I Timothy 1:12-16

Paul was the chief of sinners. He was leading the persecution of the kingdom church in early Acts. So intense as his hatred for God's people that the Scripture tells us that he was "breathing out threatenings and slaughter" against them. Certainly if there ever was a man that deserved the wrath of God, it was Saul. But instead of pouring out judgement and wrath, God reached down in mercy and grace and saved Saul. He then sent him to the world with the Gospel of the Grace of God, a gospel of which Paul was a pattern.

The Gospel of the Grace of God tells the good news of God's wrath withheld. It offers grace, mercy, and peace to all men. It is the message of the Church, the Body of Christ in the Dispensation of the Grace of God.

Who's Got Your Gospel?

The gospel messages for today are the gospels proclaimed by Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles in the Age of Grace; the Gospel of the Circumcision and the Gospel of the Grace of God. It is the message proclaimed by these gospels that he refers to as "my gospel" and that plays a key role in our establishment in the faith.

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, Romans 16:25

We cannot be established in the faith and lead a life pleasing to the Lord if we are following another gospel. Our gospel message is found in the epistles of Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles.

My Gospel The Gospel of the Grace of God

Amen
The Crusader
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2004, 09:57:58 AM »

Grace For Today
http://www.gracefortoday.org/

BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST
by Dennis Kiszonas

Introduction

A few years back, a family in our area of New Jersey started coming to our church. After a while, someone came from their old church to visit them and asked them, "Where are you going to church now?" This family told them where they were going, and the people from their old church responded with surprise, "You don't want to be going to that church. They don't believe in baptism!"

I want to start out by saying one thing very clearly: I want to affirm this, and I want to make it absolutely crystal clear that I believe in baptism.

As I went through what God says in His Word on the subject of baptism, I got excited. This is the sort of topic that gets you thrilled. There is one thing that you need to remember, though, if you're going to enjoy the study of baptism. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 10,

"Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all of our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea" (vv. 1-2).

Paul goes back to the Old Testament book of Exodus, and he says, "Brothers and Sisters, I want you to know this. I don't want you to be ignorant about this - how that all our fathers, in the cloud and in the sea, were baptized into Moses." These people were baptized. If you go back to Exodus 14 and 15, you will find five times in those chapters where God tells us that, when those people crossed the sea with Moses - when they were baptized into Moses - they crossed that sea on dry ground.

The principle I want to bring out here when we begin this study, is that, according to the Bible, you can be baptized without getting wet. These were all baptized into Moses. They were identified with Moses when they crossed that sea on dry ground, and they did not get wet at all.

There are so many people who, immediately when they see the word "baptism," attach to it the idea of water baptism. But if you study the word of God, you'll find out that most of the time when the word "baptism" is used, it is not talking about water baptism in any sense. If you don't automatically connect baptism and water, you will be on your way to an understanding and a blessing - you will even get thrilled and excited about what the Bible teaches about baptism.

My Experience with Baptism
Having said that, I need to tell you that I didn't always feel excited about teaching or talking about baptism. My first few years in the ministry, when I was the pastor of a church in Chicago, I didn't talk about baptism. I didn't baptize anybody. I didn't understand it. I didn't know why we did it. Our church theoretically believed in it, but I had problems.

"And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized shall be saved, but he who does not believe shall be condemned'" (Mark 16:15-16).

I knew Romans 4:5 - "But to him who does not work, but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness." Faith without works saves a person, according to this verse. Ephesians 2:8 and 9 - "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." A person is saved by grace through faith - without works, without sacraments, without ordinances, without rituals, without religion. Then I came to Mark 16 and I read in verse 16, "He who believes and is baptized shall be saved." That bothered me. Why did the Lord say "and is baptized"? Isn't it enough to be saved by faith alone? So I had a problem with baptism.

I read books, and they tried to explain it away - some books told me to just tear the page out of my Bible - and I didn't talk about it. I thought I'd just wait until I understood it before I began to teach on the subject.

So I went on in my Bible to Acts 2. What a wonderful chapter. In the church where I was pastoring and in the school from which I graduated, we said that the church began in Acts 2 on the Day of Pentecost. And so of course you would be thrilled to get to teach that passage where it all began! What an important chapter! ... But I never preached on Acts chapter 2. I would get down to verse 38, and Peter said something which embarrassed me. In verse 37, the people in the crowd are pricked in their heart and convicted of their sin of crucifying the Messiah, and they say to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" Then in verse 38, Peter answers:

"Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

I would get to that passage and it would embarrass me because, if I were there on the Day of Pentecost and the crowd said to me, "What shall we do?" I wouldn't have said, "Repent and be baptized." I would have said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved," just like Paul did in Acts 16:31. But every time I would read this and every time I thought it was time to preach on Acts 2 - "where the church began" - I would get to this verse and I would say, "No. Can't preach on this one either."

I got to Acts 22, thinking I could start in the middle of the book . . . but I only got as far as verse 16. Ananias here is speaking to Saul and he says,

"And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

What? I thought he was saved on the road to Damascus. . . . and since when does baptism wash away your sins? Here was another verse on baptism that didn't compute in my system. I didn't understand it, and I decided we wouldn't preach on the book of Acts.

Baptized Into Christ Con't

Ambassador, I have had felloship with Dennis Kiszonas, he is a good brother and a great teacher. This study has always been one of my favorites (On this subject)

Your friend and brother

The Crusader

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2004, 05:10:05 PM »

QUOTE The Crusader: Ambassador, I have had felloship with Dennis Kiszonas, he is a good brother and a great teacher. This study has always been one of my favorites (On this subject)

Your friend and brother

The Crusader

<Smiley))><

Thats GRRREAT Bro, I also had some fellowship with Dennis, here in florida. He is a good teacher.

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2004, 10:36:04 AM »

Ephesians 3:9.Com
http://www.ephesians3-9.com/

Is Hell real?

Many churches say it is not; that it is merely symbolic, or a myth. Some churches go as far as to say Jesus taught nothing but love--that He never judged or condemned anyone, and that everyone will eventually be with Him for eternity. Rather than being honestly ignorant of what the Bible plainly teaches, such people pick and choose which parts of the Bible they want to believe, and ignore the rest. But if the words of Jesus mean anything, then Hell is real, and real people go there. He believed in it, even if many professing Christians do not.

Unless you repent, you will perish (Luke 13:3)

When the Son of man [Jesus] shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory; and before Him shall be gathered all the nations; and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides His sheep from the goats (Matthew 25:31-32).

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire, where there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:49-50)

But the children of [Satan?s] kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:12).

And cast the unprofitable servant into utter darkness, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:3 ).

And cut him asunder, and appoint his portion with the hypocrites, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 24:51).

There was a certain rich man, who was clothed in purple and fine linen, and ate sumptuously every day; and there was a beggar named Lazarus, who, covered with sores, lay outside the rich man?s gate. And it came to pass that the beggar died, and was carried away by the angels to Abraham?s bosom. The rich man also died, and was buried. In Hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus with him. And he cried and said, "Father Abraham, have mercy on me! Send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am tormented in this flame." But Abraham said, "Son, remember that you, in your lifetime, received good things; likewise, Lazarus received evil things. But now he is comforted, and you are tormented. Besides this, between us and you there is fixed a great gulf, so that they which would pass from our side to you cannot, nor can those who would come from your side? (Luke 16:19-26).

And if your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is better for you that one of your body parts should perish, rather than your whole body
be cast into Hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away from you; for it is better for you that one of your body parts should perish, and not your whole body be cast into Hell (Matthew 5:29-30).

And these [the unrepentant] shall go away into everlasting punishment; but the righteous into life eternal (Matthew 25:46).

But the fearful, and unbelievers, and the abominable, and murders, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death (Christ?s Revelation to John, 21:Cool.

So what do you think? Did Jesus believe in a literal place called Hell? Did He believe and teach that those who reject Him will spend eternity there? Did He take Hell seriously enough to warn people about it? Make no mistake: Jesus said that hell is real, and that real people go there.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
The Crusader
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2004, 05:50:04 AM »

Ephesians 3:9.Com
http://www.ephesians3-9.com/

Is Hell real?

Many churches say it is not; that it is merely symbolic, or a myth. Some churches go as far as to say Jesus taught nothing but love--that He never judged or condemned anyone, and that everyone will eventually be with Him for eternity. Rather than being honestly ignorant of what the Bible plainly teaches, such people pick and choose which parts of the Bible they want to believe, and ignore the rest. But if the words of Jesus mean anything, then Hell is real, and real people go there. He believed in it, even if many professing Christians do not.

Unless you repent, you will perish (Luke 13:3)

When the Son of man [Jesus] shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory; and before Him shall be gathered all the nations; and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides His sheep from the goats (Matthew 25:31-32).

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire, where there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:49-50)

But the children of [Satan?s] kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:12).

And cast the unprofitable servant into utter darkness, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:3 ).

And cut him asunder, and appoint his portion with the hypocrites, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 24:51).

There was a certain rich man, who was clothed in purple and fine linen, and ate sumptuously every day; and there was a beggar named Lazarus, who, covered with sores, lay outside the rich man?s gate. And it came to pass that the beggar died, and was carried away by the angels to Abraham?s bosom. The rich man also died, and was buried. In Hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus with him. And he cried and said, "Father Abraham, have mercy on me! Send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am tormented in this flame." But Abraham said, "Son, remember that you, in your lifetime, received good things; likewise, Lazarus received evil things. But now he is comforted, and you are tormented. Besides this, between us and you there is fixed a great gulf, so that they which would pass from our side to you cannot, nor can those who would come from your side? (Luke 16:19-26).

And if your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is better for you that one of your body parts should perish, rather than your whole body
be cast into Hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away from you; for it is better for you that one of your body parts should perish, and not your whole body be cast into Hell (Matthew 5:29-30).

And these [the unrepentant] shall go away into everlasting punishment; but the righteous into life eternal (Matthew 25:46).

But the fearful, and unbelievers, and the abominable, and murders, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death (Christ?s Revelation to John, 21:Cool.

So what do you think? Did Jesus believe in a literal place called Hell? Did He believe and teach that those who reject Him will spend eternity there? Did He take Hell seriously enough to warn people about it? Make no mistake: Jesus said that hell is real, and that real people go there.

Good subject, good study and a good web-page.

Thanks Ambassador

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2004, 05:15:45 AM »

WE PREACH GOD
http://www.bijbel.nl/Bible1.htm
PART 1 of 3

Are You A “HOPE-SO” Church Member
or a “KNOW-SO” Bible Christian?

Pastor J. C. O’Hair

The apparent indifference on the part of the multitudes is appalling. Men and women, old and young, carry on as though they expect to remain on earth forever, with utter disregard for the Bible statements, “So then every one of us shall give an account of himself to God,” and, “Man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

”The profound ignorance of so-called intelligent people concerning spiritual truth is pitiable and deplorable, if not inexcusable.

Then again apart from the deceiving power of one who is accused of deceiving the whole world there is no excuse, apology, or explanation for the manner in which thousands of religious people, who pretend to follow the teachings of Jesus, pervert Divine truth, audaciously, repudiate, God’s message of redemption, and arbitrarily substitute some human religious philosophy which is without power or value so far as salvation from sin is concerned.

Perhaps more than fifty per cent of the adults of the United States are either affiliated with some kind of religious organization at the present time, or have belonged to some such organization in the past. But it is no exaggeration to declare that the great majority of the present or former members of these religious organization are either ignorant or confused as to God’s message of salvation, the Bible way from earth to heaven. And it is also true that the great majority of those who believe this message, who not only know the true way but are on that way. are equally ignorant and confused as to the believer’s position, membership, hope, and calling in the true Bible Church. This is because they have little, if any, knowledge as to what the Bible teaches concerning the Church of thriving God, the Body of Christ.

THE BELIEVER’S ASSURANCE

Let us consider these two Bible verses “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life.” 1. John 5:13
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with neekness and fear.” 1. Peter 3:15
Here we learn that God, the Father, wants His redeemed children to know that they have eternal life. They are to know this on the authority of God’s statement in the Bible, because they are trusting in Jesus Christ, what He has done, what He is now doing, and what He is yet to do.
Note something of what He has done:
“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.” 1. Peter 3:18
“Neither by the blood of goats and caves, but by His own blood He (Christ) entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.” Hebrews 9:12“But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sin for ever, sat down on the right hand of God.” Hebrews 10:12
Then note what faith in Christ and His redemptive work accomplishes for the believer:
“For if, when we were enemies, we were, reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His Life.” Romans 5:10
“But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:13
“He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life; and he that beliveth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36
“But to him that worketh not, but beliveth on Him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” Romans 4:5
“And by Him all that believe are justifies from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.” Acts 13:39
Then note the spiritual benefits, which the believer enjoys because of the present ministry of the living Christ in Heaven:
“For Christ is not entered into the holy paces made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us.” Hebrews 9:24
“What shall we then say to these things?” “If God be for us, who can be against us?” “Who is he that condemneth?” It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again. Who is even at the right hand of God, Who also maketh intercession for us.” Romans 8:31 and 34
“Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.” Hebrews 7:25
“Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1. Peter 1:5
Therefore, on the authority of God’s Bible, every person who believes God’s Word and trusts God’s Son should say with confidence and positive assurance what John wroth in 1. John 3:2:
“Beloved, now are we sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that. when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.”
Here we read what believers are, and what they shall be. But let us never forget the statement in 1> Corinthians 1:29, “no flesh should glory in His presence.”
Note how the greatest of all Christians stated this in Philippians 3:3 – “For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the Spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.”
Note again Ephesians 2:9 – “Not of works, less any man should boast.”
See how this statement is joined with other statements –
“That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works; lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:7 to 10
A great and blessed time is ahead for believers, saved by grace. True believers really believe Romans 11:6—
“And if by grace, then it is no more of works; otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace, otherwise work is no more work.
”If and when the believer, knowing that by nature he is unworthy and unrighteous, is saved by grace through faith in the redemptive work of the worthy Son of God, Jesus Christ the Righteous, he will not glory in his goodness, his religious activities, or in anything that he can do to help get him into heaven. He will know that he is going to heaven by grace, by faith in the work of Another; that he is God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works. The believer is saved because he is the recipient of God’s grace; because eternal life is the free gift of God through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23). Then he can say – “I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
The true Bible Christian knows that it is an insult to God to try to make the redemptive work of Christ more efficacious by adding religious ceremonies or to endeavor by any human scheme or service to supplement the grace of God and the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Note again carefully Romans 4:4 and 5.
“Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”
With such knowledge and with such an experience the believer can be ready, and should be ready, at all times to give an answer to any one who asks him for a reason of the hope that is in him. This should be done with meekness and fear, but with absolute confidence, and positive assurance. In other words, when asked the question, “Are you saved?” or “Are you sure you are going to heaven?, the person, who is trusting wholly and solely in the grace of God and in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, should answer humbly, but boldly, "Yes, by the grace of God and on the authority of God'’ Word. I certainly am."” "These things are written that ye may know that ye have eternal life.”
“In hope of eternal life, which God, that can not lie promised before the world began.”
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life.”
“Verily, verily I say unto you, he that heareth My Word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 05:27:59 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2004, 05:21:00 AM »

WE PREACH GOD
PART 2

Pastor J. C. O’Hair

JOINING THE CHURCH

Multitudes of unsaved religious individuals, for different reasons, have become members of some religious organizations; have joined some organized company of people – church. The Greek word translated “church” in the Bible is “ekklesia,” which means “called out.” God’s Word thus instructs God’s “called out” people – “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is.” Hebrews 10”25
God’s Word, in 1. Corinthians 14:23, mentions the church coming together. In Acts 14:27, we read that the church was gathered together. Therefore, by Scriptural authority, believers in different communities should gather in assemblies for worship and Bible preaching. But they should first be members of the one true Bible Church before they gather in an assembly with other believers for worship and Christian service. Many, many people who are members of some religious church organization are not members of the true Bible Church. Note the Bible description of the Bible Church of the present dispensation: “the Church which is His (Christ’s) Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.” Ephesians 1:22 and 23.
“For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ; Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:12 and 13
Now let us carefully note how being joined to Christ and His Church is described in the Bible:
“Christ, from Whom the whole Body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the Body unto the edifying of itself in love.” Ephesians 4:15-16
“For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the Body is not one member, but many.” 1. Corinthians 12:12 and 14
“For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office; So we being many, are one Body in Christ. and everyone members one of another.” Romans 12:4 and 5
Believers are joined to Christ. Believers are joined to one another. Believers, by the work of God, are made members of Christ’s Body and the two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery; but I speak concerning Christ and the Church. Ephesians 5:32. Only God by the Holy Spirit can join the believer to the Bible Church.
Then note the future of the true Bible Church:
“That He might present it to Himself a glorious Church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing: but that it should be holy and without blemish.” Ephesians 5:27
“When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.” Colossians 3:4
This should cause diligent, thoughtful, serious meditation and consideration on the part of every religious person who is hoping to get into heaven because of membership in some church organization, whether that person is enthusiastically and emotionally religious or an inactive and indifferent member.
This is a very serious and important matter, something that the individual can settle this side of death. But the sinner who dies unsaved will remain forever unsaved. So let each one ask of himself this question. “Am I a member of the Body of Christ?” “have I been baptized by one Spirit into this organism, this one true Bible Church?” What a tragedy that multitudes of deceived, religious church-members are going religiously to perdition! The very moment any sinner today is saved by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, that individual becomes a member of the one and only Bible Church, and this is accomplished without application to, or examination by, any group of church officers.
Then note in Ephesians 4:4 and 5:
“THERE IS ONE BODY, AND ONE SPIRIT, EVEN AS YE ARE CAKKED IN ONE HOPE OF YOUR CALLING; ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM.”

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2004, 05:22:48 AM »

WE PREACH GOD
PART 3 of 3

Pastor J. C. O’Hair

A CHRISTIAN IN PRINCIPLE

In religious circles we hear of orthodox and unorthodox Christians, of Liberals and fundamentalists, in the Church. Let us be assured that a Christian infidel is an impossible paradox. Many church organizations are under the domination and legislation of Christianized agnostics who accept the Bible with many reservations, criticisms and eliminations. These so-called Liberals claim that Bible must be interpreted in the light of modern science and scholarship; that Christianity must be properly related to modern psychology. They demand for themselves and for their followers a reasonable faith, a natural religion, and a revised Bible, with the discard of all that is miraculous. They pose as benefactors who are seeking to deliver Christianity from the non-progressive, narrow-minded, ignorant, old-fashioned “literalists” who are not up-to-date in their thinking.
These “psuedo-Christians” are described in 11 Corinthians 11:13 to 15:
“For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming into an angle of light. therefore t is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
”Encouraged by the boldness, if not the eloquence and leadership of these deluded counterfeit Christians, so many people are in a state of spiritual lethargy, indifference and ignorance, apparently devoid of any fear of God or eternal perdition. This majority is made is made up groups and individuals who make no pretense at subjecting themselves to the authority of God’s Word in their decisions or indecisions concerning their eternal destiny. Many of them condescend acknowledge that Jesus Christ was very superior character, the courageous and noble Son of Mary and Joseph, who was honest in his convictions. They classify Him who died for His fidelity to His convictions, for His loyalty and devotion to God, as a good man who was hated, persecuted and killed because was hated, persecuted and killed because He was misunderstood and the world was not then ready for His ideal philosophy. Of course, they do not object to being called “Christians,” if it be understood that they do not believe in the verbal inspiration of the Scriptures, the eternal Deity and virgin birth of Jesus Christ, or redemption by His shed blood, or in the bodily resurrection of Christ. They say, “We are Christians in principle, that is, we accept the moral teaching, the ethical philosophy of Jesus Christ, as set forth in His sermon on the Mount and the Golden Rule, as an excellent standard of behavior .” “We know that this world would be a better world, if the people in it would try their best to obey and follow Jesus, the ideal man.”
They deny the very existence of the great adversary who, in the Bible, is accused of the crime of deceiving the whole world. Perhaps they have never even heard 11 Corinthians 4:3 and 4:
“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost; In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, Who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
If they have ever heard this, they paid no attention to it. Of course the self righteous individuals among them do not believe that they are blind, and the very idea of their being lost is absurd. But God’s Word is true and the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only Divine power that can or will save a human being. God’s Word tells the truth when it declares that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God; “there is none righteous, no not one.” God’s Word is, that righteousness cannot be found in the natural heart. God’s Word is that the unrighteous man cannot become righteous by imitating Jesus Christ; by being good with the help of Jesus, the Teacher; by any human reformation scheme; by self-control or religious education. There is but one place in the universe of God where the unrighteous man can find for himself righteousness, and that is at the cross of Calvary. Note 2. Corinthians 5:21:
“For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.”

CHRISTIAN BEHAVIOUR

Hear this very interesting statement concerning some folks who claim to be Christians: “They profess that they know God; but in works they deny Him, being abominable, and disobedient and unto every good work reprobate.” Titus 1:16 Note on the other hand what God expects of those who claim to be His children, who claim to love the Lord Jesus Christ as believers: “That they might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.” Colossians 1:10 “Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:11 “That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crocked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life.” Philippians 2:15 and 16 The Christian is exhorted in the Holy Scriptures to walk circumspectly toward sinners. The Christians have a tremendous responsibility toward the unsaved sinners all about them. Christians are in the world but not of the world. They should not be worldly. They are crucified to the world. They are nor to be conformed to the world. “For God, Who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shinned in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” 2. Corinthians 4:6 The sinner is dead in sins. The Christian is dead to sin. Note Colossians 3:3 to 5 “For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ is God. When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry. ”Not only many unregenerated, religious church members, but many saved church members are careless and carnal in their conduct. They testimonies are worse than worthless; they are harmful. The unsaved sinners, beholding such inconsistencies in the lives of those who claim to belong to Christ, discount the worth and value of Christianity, the saving and keeping power of the Lord Jesus Christ. What a shame that any member of the Body of Christ should be a detriment to the cause of Christ and a stumbling-block to any sinner of the way to the sorrows of the second death. Christ said to His Disciples, “ye shall be My witnesses.” Every Christian should be able to honestly and constantly say with Paul “But by the grace of God I am what I am; and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain.” 1. Corinthians 15:10 But let no sinner believe that he can or will escape God’s wrath in that awful day of judgement because of the faults, failures, and frailties of some professing Christian. The thing to do is to get past the inconsistent professors to the Lord Jesus Christ, and Calvary, and then, by the grace of God, go back and show that disloyal witness how to be a genuine Christian in the midst of a world of lost sinners. Hear God’s warning to sinners: “And as it is appointed unto me once to die, but after this judgement.” Hebrews 9:27“Because He have appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man Whom He have ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead.” Acts 17;31 Every sinner will keep appointments. God offers to the believer a way of escape. Hear the words of the Lord Jesus Christ – Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come unto condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” John 5:24 “JESUS, WHICH DELIVERED US FROM THE QRATH TO COME.” 1. Thessalonians 1:10 Why not just this moment take God at His Word, be the recipient of His wonderful grace, believe that you are the ungodly sinner for whom Christ died, receive the Lord Jesus Christ as your own personal Saviour and God for Christ’s sake, will forgive you for all your sins and you will stand in His holy presence as though you had never sinned.

THE END

Posted By Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 05:29:06 AM by Brother Love » Logged

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2004, 04:44:42 AM »

Women Under Grace
http://womenundergrace.com/
That I May Know Him  (PART 1 of 2)

Phil 3:10 "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death:" That I may know him, not just know about him, not just know what he said and did, not even just what he wants to do in and through me, as important as that is, but that I might really know Him. I want to know his love, his acceptance, his compassion, his tenderness, and his peace. I want to share with him every aspect of my life; my thoughts and fears, my ups and downs, my daily grind and my special times too. I need to know by faith the reality of his presence in my life as stated in Heb 11:1. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  I need to know intimately the God-man who Phil 2:6-8 says, “humbled himself and became obedient unto death.” I need to know in my heart the one who overlooked the city of Jerusalem and wept bitter tears over his chosen people in Mt 23:37-38, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold your house is left unto you desolate.” The one who saw what would happen to Israel over the long years of his absence.  

I need to know the One whose whole life was spent in the service of others, never once acting out of his human flesh, but did always the will of the Father John 4:34. “Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.” I want to know the precious one who went up Calvary’s hill to die a cruel death for me; (Psalm 22:1-2 “My god, my god, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God I cry in the daytime but thou hearest not: and in the night season, and am not silent) not for any wrong that he had done, but for me who was dead in my sin, his enemy, alienated from God, without hope, selfish, self-centered, worthless, a possession of Satan, spiritually dead and bound by my sin. And in dying that cruel death took all my sin and all my sins and paid the price for me that I was powerless to pay. He died for me, was buried for me, and rose again for me, that I might possess all the blessings of God in this life and forever in eternity.  

I want to know in my life the power of his resurrection, the power that raised him from the dead Ro 1:4 “And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead”. I need to know the power that overcame death and hell 1 Cor 15:55-57, “O death where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin: and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” so that I might know the reality of the resurrection power that lives in me by the indwelling Christ in order to live this life under the grace of God.  If I know the power of his resurrection I will be free to do and be all that he has made me to do and be. Ro 8:1-4 “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do,  in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” I will have the power to deny myself as Jesus denied himself while here on earth.

I want to learn Eph 1:17-19 “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened: that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what is the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power.”  If I learn his wisdom I will not be concerned about what others think of me; I will make choices that are good and sound and benefit others. If I learn the hope of his calling I will not be concerned about the circumstances of my life, but about whom I am in the circumstances of my life. If I learn the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints I will not be concerned about the riches of this world. And if I learn that it is his power that works in me I will not be defeated at every trial that comes my way, but will be able bear my burdens with love and mercy and grace, because it will be his strength that carries me through.  

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2004, 04:47:01 AM »

Women Under Grace
http://womenundergrace.com/
That I May Know Him  (PART 2 of 2)

I desire to know the fellowship of his suffering. Our precious Lord suffered his whole life on earth; he was misunderstood by most, fawned over by those who only wanted what they believed he had to give them, disbelieved by the very people he came to save, rejected, tempted, reviled, persecuted, mocked, scorned, and deserted by his only friends, and finally killed. Yet through it all he maintained the attitude of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. Does that sound familiar, like what he has promised us as the fruit of the Spirit? Not in weakness, but in the strength of knowing whom he was and what his purpose was. Not as a doormat, but as one who knew where his strength came from and never lost sight of it.  We are privileged, if we choose to do so, to bear in some small measure 1 Tim 4:10 “For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe”,  the reproach of Christ.  When we choose to do what is right no matter how hard, when we choose to be the one to go the extra mile, not in our own strength, but in his, we begin to know the fellowship of his suffering. Paul tells us in Phil 3:8 that he counted everything in his life as dung, that he might win Christ. Notice that it is the fellowship of his suffering. He never leaves us alone but goes through the hard times with us. Just as Jesus suffered the indignity of becoming a man and living on this sin-cursed earth as a lowly servant, always in communion with his heavenly Father, always obeying from the heart the Father’s will, never giving in to the world, the flesh, or the devil, so too may we, if we so choose, do the same. Phil 2:3-5. “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than ourselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus".  

And finally, I want to be made conformable to his death. As I identify with him, Ro 6:3-4 “Know ye not that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life”, and as I yield my members as his for his use Ro 12:1 “I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service”, and as I believe Phil 1:6 “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ”, that as he hath begun a good work in me he will finish it,  I begin to understand a little of this.  

But here Paul says “Being made conformable”, a process, a journey, and a lifetime. As we learn the true meaning of the these things we begin to see that this is no joy ride.  It is serious work, and it is impossible for us to do. As we walk day by day with this loving Lord, as we learn step by step to rely on the Holy Spirit and the Word, as we moment by moment recognize it is all of him and none of us, as we argue with him about the changes he wants to make in our lives, plead with him not ask this of us, as we finally give in his promptings, we learn to trust that he knows what is best for us Ro 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose”. Ro 12:2 states “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God”. And 2 Cor 10:3-5 “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” We need to bring every thought to the obedience of Christ? That’s what it says. Now we have a choice, we can daily, in every situation, choose to allow the Holy Spirit to work in us, or we can continue to live in our carnal flesh and try to justify our choices and actions.  We can choose to know him, to allow him to live in us, to be the servants of the living God who has in grace given us everything we need to live the life he intended us to live for his glory, or we can choose to serve ourselves and thereby further the cause of Satan by bringing shame to the gospel of Christ. We often boast of Gal 2:20, “We are crucified with Christ,” but do we also heed verse 21 that tells us not to frustrate the grace of God? We can, and often do frustrate the grace of God by our lack of prayer, our lack of trust in the Word, and our failure to obey. We frustrate it by our unwillingness to give up what we want for someone else’s welfare. Jesus was willing to give up everything for us; Paul was willing to give up everything for Christ. The question we need to answer is, what are we willing to give up for this kind of relationship with our God who loved us and gave himself for us, who has entrusted us with the riches of his grace and the message of reconciliation for the lost, and who has already blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places.  

We will never in this lifetime achieve all God intended for us to achieve, but we can press on toward the mark, we can learn as much as we can about this great love and grace and mercy he has given us. We can daily nourish this relationship so that it will grow and flower and flourish. We can share what we learn with others and bring to them the same hope and encouragement and love and grace that we have received. And when we leave this world we will not be afraid, or sorrowful, but confident and joyful; we will look forward to at last see the face of the one who made it all possible, the one that we have grown to know and love. Praise and glory be to Him forever.  

THE END  

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2004, 04:41:08 AM »

MAGNIFIED WORD
http://www.magnifiedword.com/index2.htm

EMPHASIS ON EVANGELISM

"...to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery" Eph. 3:9a

by Oscar Woodall

A MOST TREACHEROUS DOCTRINE

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that ca/led you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another, but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek top/ease men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ"

Galatians 1:6-12.

In my 33 years of assurance of salvation, my foremost desire has been to be a part of observing lost souls being saved and saints being encouraged in their faith in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ.

One of the doctrines proclaimed that brings most confusion to lost and saved people is the one that will agree in the inspiration and preservation of God*s infallible word regarding the doctrines of the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ; his sinless life; his death, burial, and resurrection for the payment of our sins; his second coming to reign on earth; as well as other essential teachings of the faith; and then state that a person can be saved and subsequently lost. Having confessed these first positions, the one of eternal security (mentioned last) has a striking effect at the heart of the gospel of the grace of God.

A leading "Christian psychologist," broadcasting on many radio stations, openly admits that he believes a saved person can later be lost. He agrees with his party-line denomination that an individual can "will" to enter God*s family and then can "will" to get out of it. Do you think a person of this persuasion is a fellow believer in Christ? I would not! Why not? I know that NONE of my brothers or sisters in Christ are going to hell. Anyone who thinks they can get in and then back out of God*s family has one of two problems. Either they have not trusted in Christ and him alone, or they have been placed (or have placed themselves) under a law/performance system.

Our great comfort and task in training soldiers for spiritual warfare is the following assurances:

1. We cannot judge a man, however we can judge a message. "...The Lord knoweth them that are his..." 2 Tim. 2:19.

2. We should be suspiciously vigilant and anxiously concerned for others being deceived.

"Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another her gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him" 2Cor 11:1-4.

So BEWARE! May each of us who are saved saints of the Most High God develop and increase the ministry of "CAREFRONTATION." Aggressive personal soul winning is the order for today for us as the ambassadors for Christ. Interesting and exciting war stories will follow, not classroom or theoretical events, but front-line experiences.

Mr. Woodall lives near Orlando, Florida, with his wife, Dorothy. He is the founder of Eternal Life Ministries, and is active in personal evangelism everywhere he goes. He ministers the Word of God regularly in jails and prisions.

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2004, 05:12:01 AM »

BibleWritings.com
http://www.biblewritings.com/index.html

DON'T BE A DISPENSATIONAL DUMB BUNNY!

Those who desire to share the truths found in the ministry of the Apostle Paul, should always be on the alert, to be vigilant and using wise insight. We must focus our presentation clearly. Someone has said that many in the world have made a decision to reject our message of Christ. The reason for this may be a poor presentation as to who Jesus Christ really is. In other words, they may NOT have rejected Christ; they have really rejected a poor dispensational presentation of the Lord Jesus Christ. Say it isn't so, but may be it is true? If it might be true, what needs to be changed? How do we refocus? Let's discuss a few considerations that might be of value in witnessing.
As we deal with truth for today, never make an issue sound as if a choice must be made between Jesus versus Paul. This is a loser. There is a story about a minister who was attempting to show how Paul's ministry fits into the Bible as part of God's progressive revelation. His mistake was to appeal to those listening, that they must make a decision between the teachings of Jesus and the later, progressively unfolded truth that Paul was given to bring to light. A believer in the audience took his family and left the church.
Most people will do the same. But, what could have been done to change the final decision from rejection to reception? There needs to be a proper perspective. Who is Paul, anyhow? Is he an apostle? Yes! But let us remember what kind of an apostle Paul claimed to be. He represented Jesus Christ. He was an apostle of Jesus Christ. Paul was a servant. But he was a servant of Jesus Christ.
Here we begin to focus in on the real issue. In explaining Dispensational truth, we want to present the Lord Jesus Christ as the mover, maker and shaker of all that happens in this world today. Let's illustrate.
Remember when Jesus first sent his disciples on a preaching mission? Cf. Matthew 10:1-15 and Luke 9:1-6 They are told where to go, with what message and what preparation and/or provisions are needed. They were to have a tough faith. They were told to leave most everything behind. They were to leave with an empty wallet. There was to be no suitcases. There was to be no change of clothes. This almost sounds like the wilderness journey out of Egypt. God will provide. But at the end of our Lord's ministry, he changes all those former guidelines. Cf. Luke 22: 35-38. He asked them if they had lacked anything when he had sent them out before. They had lacked nothing. But now he charges them to carry the wallet (with something in it) a bag, shoes, a garment and a sword (not to be used to kill). The point to be made is that the Lord made the changes.
Consider this: There are many publishers of Bibles, who make a point of stating that certain Bibles are Red Letter Editions. We are all familiar with this emphasis. They are referring to the words of the Lord Jesus as being in red print for easy identification. These red-letter words are found in the four Gospels, Acts and Revelation. But, there is also a false emphasis not recognized by most undiscerning buyers. That false emphasis is that these words in red are much more important than any other part of the Bible.
We are dealing with sincere efforts by publishers to do a service to purchasers. But it acts as a boomerang, rather than a good buy. Why? There are several reasons. With a perception that these red letters are more valuable than all the black letters, the Bible is now read on a tilt. This is not a normal method for reading and studying the Bible. There is more harm than help given. Readers and students become color prejudiced.
There are many places in the Gospel records where Jesus speaks. John 3:34 says that the one God sent speaketh the words of God. The emphasis of the Lord Jesus as found primarily in John's Gospel portrays all of His words as coming from the Father.
"My doctrine (word, teaching) is not mine, but his that sent me" 7:17 "He that is of God heareth God's words…" 8:47 "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself: but the Father, who sent me, he gave me a com- mandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. …………………… whatsoever I speak, therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak". John 12:48-50 "He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings; and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's, who sent me." 14:24 "For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me;….." 17:8
The Lord states also that his work and the will he performed were not his, but the Father's. cf. John 4:34; 5:30; 5:36, 38-39; 9:3-4; 10:32, 37 What we have here are the statements of the Lord, that his will, work and words are in a real sense NOT HIS, but are the Father's. Our conclusion : All the words of the Lord Jesus as found in the Gospels should not be in red, but black.
Furthermore, all the words of Paul in his epistles should be the ones in red. Why ? Because Paul states that his message is second hand. They are really not his. He was given everything he taught from the Lord Jesus. Cf. Gal. 1:11-12; I Tim. 6:3; I Thess. 4:15; I Cor. 11:23; I Cor. 15:3.
Our approach, then, to teaching the truth, rightly handling the word of God is to keep a balanced presentation of the Lord Jesus Christ. Our emphasis is on the Lord Jesus Christ and what he is doing today. It is not so much as to what Paul teaches, preaches and proclaims as it is what the Lord Jesus Christ is teaching, preaching and proclaiming through His loyal Apostle, slave and minister, PAUL.
The words are the same. The message is the same. But the method is not to contrast Jesus and Paul. There is a contrast, but it is between the words and teaching of the Lord Jesus when he was on earth and the teachings of the same Lord Jesus who gives further truth and revelation from his place in glory, after the cross, after his resurrection and after his ascension.

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2004, 06:50:05 AM »

Tampa Bible Fellowship
http://www.tampabible.org/it_takes_all_kinds.htm

It Takes All Kinds  (PART 1)

Pastor Keith Baxter, Tampa Bible Fellowship, Tampa, Florida

Have you ever heard the saying that “it takes all kinds of people”? Well talking to people I have realized that it does take all kinds, and I have noticed that there are basically three different kinds of people. These people are not new to the world today, but have been around for thousands of years. We will take this short study to look at these folks, again this is not everyone but what I have found to be the norm.

First there is the Religious person, if we look at scripture the first person like this was Cain, in Genesis 4:3-5

3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

You see according to Hebrews, Abel offered a more excellent sacrifice.

Hebrews 4:11 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. He believed God and brought the blood sacrifice for his sins.

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Heb 9:22 …without shedding of blood is no remission.

We see that it is only through a blood sacrifice that God will make an atonement for sins. Today we see that it is only through the perfect sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ that now we have redemption

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Cain’s sacrifice was a work of his hands, he tried to please God by his own works and merits as religious people do today. God does not except our work, what Cain did was considered evil.

1 John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

People have to quit trying and start trusting in the finished work of Christ on Calvary, and not according to their works.

2 Tim 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, …

We see now that we cannot be religious and work for salvation. All that religion does is does is sends us to hell.

The next person is a Self-Righteous person, someone who thinks that they are good enough to go to heaven. Have you ever had a person tell you that they were good enough or that they thought that their good would outweigh their bad? There is an example of this in the Luke 18.

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2004, 06:51:36 AM »

Tampa Bible Fellowship
http://www.tampabible.org/it_takes_all_kinds.htm

It Takes All Kinds  (PART 2)

Pastor Keith Baxter, Tampa Bible Fellowship, Tampa, Florida

People need to first realize their need for a savior and the Pharisee did not think he needed God, but God needed him. He thought that he was righteous enough, but our righteousness is filthy. There is nothing that we can do that is good

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Then people will say “well he has a good heart” but Jeremiah tells us that our heart is wicked.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Proverbs 28:26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

We can’t trust our heart, if we do then we are just foolish, this issue of self righteousness has been Israel’s problem all along.

Romans 10: 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

They should have just told God that they couldn’t keep the Law and they needed Him to do it for them, but instead they tried to use the law to establish their righteousness. Even Paul righteousness of the Law

Philippians 3:6…touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Is considered nothing but dung

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung…

Now he doesn’t claim his righteousness but being found in Christ

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

We can’t be righteous through the law but we find that we are all just sinners.

Romans 3: 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But we can be righteous through Christ

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

As before stop trying to establish your own righteousness and see that you are not perfect in God’s eye, but he is willing to save you by his mercy and grace.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us…

The last person we are going to look at is an Unbeliever. Someone who is just not going to believe that they are a sinner, or that the Lord Jesus Christ is all they need to trust in to be saved. A good example of this is one of the malefactors on the cross next the Lord.

Luke 23: 33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

This man was thinking of himself, but only physical salvation off of the cross, when he should have been thinking of is spiritual salvation.

Even for the unbelieving they will have an eternal destination … the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

It is simple. All God wants you to do is believe him, he doesn’t want your religion, righteousness or good works, but a believing heart.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

It is through belief that he will justify

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

And save men today.

1 Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

What is it that we are to believe? Well there is only one thing that stand between saints and sinners and that is blood of the Lord Jesus Christ on the CROSS.

We need to simply believe that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again.

1 Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

If you are still relying on your religion, or think that you are righteous and are not in need of a Savior or even yet just don’t want to believe at all. Then stop, think, and believe and be saved from eternal separation from God in the Lake of Fire.

The Philippian jailor asked one simple question…

Acts 16

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved…

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the