Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:13:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286969 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why born again?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why born again?  (Read 8943 times)
Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2004, 11:41:40 PM »

Pilgrim, if you understood church history you would not view the RCC as a cult, So, which cult do you belong to, Pilgrim?

I have to say...and not out of meanness, I do not belong to the largest cult in the world.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2004, 07:38:41 PM »

This is an interesting question and i realize it's at the core of your dilemma. I personally had a drastic conversion, not as drastic as Paul's or at penteost, but almost. It WAS like night and day because I was born again with new eyes. My husband had a similar experience. So it's hard for me to say whether or not everyone has to experience such a drastic change. Personally, I don't see how one can become born again without it being drastic because one does look at the world with new eyes. BUT, if a person has grown up his whole life being exposed to Christianity and believing Jesus's words, then maybe their experience wouldn't be as drastic as mine was. The question remains; Do you believe each and every one of Christ's words? Do you look to Him inside of you for all the answers to life's problems? Do you experience a peace and joy beyond all human understanding? These are the fruits of the Spirit. If you're still not sure, then ask Christ into your life and ask Him to SHOW you He is there for you. It will NEVER hurt you to do this.
I_Believe

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2004, 09:00:01 PM »

so you believe your wife is good with god even though she didnt experiance that born again night and day moment that you had, right?

so its possible for one to not have the "born again" experiance that many speak of and accually be saved?

That's right Butcha.  You must be born again by the Spirit but it may not be as dramatic as it was for another.

Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb and be born? Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (Joh 3:3-6)

Unless a man is born of water - That which is born of the flesh is flesh...and can't please God

Unless a man is born of the Spirit - that which is born of the Spirit is spirit...and is right before God through Faith in Christ

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Heb 11:6)

for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; (Rom 3:23-24)

Some are drawn by God and their heart gradually moves toward Him until they believe in Christ for salvation.

Others resist until they hit the end of themselves and only God's mercy remains and then they believe.

But all must repent of their sin and believe God.  It does not matter how long you have been in one or many churches or how many good works one performs.  That counts for nothing without God's grace through faith.

The process is not some formal ceremony as some would claim.  It is a personal turning from the sin and the flesh and believing in Christ for your salvation.

But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart;" that is, the word of faith, which we preach: that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart, one believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes in him will not be disappointed." For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich to all who call on him. For, "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Rom 10:8-13)

and brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household." They spoke the word of the Lord to him, and to all who were in his house. (Act 16:30-32)

May God bless you.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 08:54:08 PM by I_Believe » Logged

Religion is like a coconut.  You must break through the husk of man's traditions to get to the sweet milk & meat of the gospel of Christ.

These people draw near to me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips...in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine rules made by men.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the