Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Are You Loyal to God ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are You Loyal to God ?  (Read 4597 times)
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2004, 03:01:34 PM »

FALSE TEACHING!

"And the dragon (Satan) was wroth (ANGRY !) with the woman (Church), and went to [make war] with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ", (Revelation 12:17).
 "Those who endeavor to obey [all] the commandments of God (Exodus 20:3-17) will be opposed and derided.

They can stand only in God. In order to endure the trial before them, they must understand the will of God as revealed in His word; they can honor Him only as they have a right conception of His character, government, and purposes, and act in accordance with them. None but those who have fortified the mind with the truths of the Bible will stand through the last great
conflict.
[/b]To every soul will come the searching test: Shall I obey God rather than men?

The decisive hour is even now at hand. Are our feet planted on the rock of God's immutable word?

Are we prepared to stand firm in defense of the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus ?" (Great Controversy, By E.G. White).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 01:20:36 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 04:59:06 PM »

YES!!!!!

Are YOU???

<Smiley)))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 08:07:43 PM »

YES!!!!!

Are YOU???
Of course.
 Ezekiel 20:20   "And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God".  
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 06:33:38 PM »

Strange that Paul does not share your views of law keeping.

Phi 3:4  Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Phi 3:5  Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Phi 3:6  Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Phi 3:7  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Phi 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

He called his perfection of lawkeeping dung that he might win Christ as his righteousness.   I think a few thumbs up are in order for brother Paul....don't you BL?   Grin

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 06:35:46 PM »

"And the dragon (Satan) was wroth (ANGRY !) with the woman (Church), and went to [make war] with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ", (Revelation 12:17).

The only problem here is that the woman is not the Church...but Israel.   Wink

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 10:13:53 PM »

Paul said: "For I delight in the LAW OF GOD....after the inward man", (Romans 7:22).
And again..... "Do we (Christians) then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we (Christians ?) establish the law", (Romans 3:31).  
He called his perfection of lawkeeping dung that he might win Christ as his righteousness.   I think a few thumbs up are in order for brother Paul.
Was it not Paul who said: "Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good", (Romans 7:12).

So, you are trying to tell me that Paul can't make up his mind ?
Or, that Paul contradicts himself ?

I personally, know what Paul is saying there.

The Law of Moses was abolished !

BUT...God's 10 commandments are with us to this day(Matthew 5:17,18), as they were given on Mt. Sinai.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 01:08:00 AM »

Paul said: "For I delight in the LAW OF GOD....after the inward man", (Romans 7:22).
And again..... "Do we (Christians) then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we (Christians ?) establish the law", (Romans 3:31).  
He called his perfection of lawkeeping dung that he might win Christ as his righteousness.   I think a few thumbs up are in order for brother Paul.
Was it not Paul who said: "Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good", (Romans 7:12).

BUT...God's 10 commandments are with us to this day(Matthew 5:17,18), as they were given on Mt. Sinai.

Once again, leaving out the entire context as usual.

Rom 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Keep claiming it is through law keeping friend.....the only way is through Christ Jesus, the true Sabbath!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 06:13:57 AM »

Rom 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Keep claiming it is through law keeping friend.....the only way is through Christ Jesus, the true Sabbath!

Grace and Peace!

FALSE TEACHING!

Jesus said: "IF...you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).
Only the people who 'love' Christ, will keep all 10 commandments.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 09:13:28 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

Grace and Peace!

"TWO"Thumbs UP Bro

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 08:51:34 AM »

The Law at Sinai was the LAW OF MOSES!!! Lol...you just contradicted yourself bud. The Law given at Sinai was for the Children of Israel. No Paul wasn't confused...He was right on the ball. Christ came and fulfilled the law such that we through HIM would have NO condemnation. Get it, Got it? Good. Good day and God Bless

In Christ,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 09:09:08 AM »

Thank you, Jemidon!  Cheesy

1 Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 08:15:26 PM »

Yer welcome sincere....just putting it like i see it...can't do nothing else. Smiley anywho...figured i'd send ya a response back telling you that yer welcome...anything else I can do lemme know. and I"ll get on it...God Bless

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2004, 10:11:50 PM »

The Law at Sinai was the LAW OF MOSES!!! Lol...you just contradicted yourself bud. The Law given at Sinai was for the Children of Israel. No Paul wasn't confused...He was right on the ball. Christ came and fulfilled the law such that we through HIM would have NO condemnation. Get it, Got it? Good. Good day and God Bless

In Christ,
Joshua
Are you telling me that you don't know the difference betwen the 10 commandments, that Christ Himself wrote out on Mt Sinai.......and, the Law the Moses wrote out ?
Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 11:33:00 PM »

Dude...Let me remind you again that the Law at Sinai was given to Moses for the Children of Israel...this was the basic principles that Moses rested upon in order to pass out judgement. He relied on the Law given to him at Sinai (i.e. his Law...) This law given at Sinai was the 10 commandments. These in turn gave moses the basis for writing out the Laws of Israel found in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Keep in mind that they all go back tot he Law at Sinai...and i may be stepping out on a limb here, but they all fall under the Law that Paul says that death comes from. Just a thought...I do know the difference...do you?

God Bless

In HIS Service,
Jemidon

P.S. If i havn't reminded you before "THE LAW HAS BEEN ABOLISHED. AS A CHILD OF GOD I'M NOT UNDER THE LAW ANYMORE! I HAVE NO CONDEMNATION ANYMORE BECAUSE THE ONE WHO CAME (JESUS) FULFILLED AND ABOLISHED THE LAW SUCH THAT WE MAY LIVE UNDER GRACE. Get it? Got it? LIVE IT!

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2004, 07:08:54 AM »

FALSE TEACHING!

Dude...Let me remind you again that the Law at Sinai was given to Moses for the Children of Israel.
Does that include the 7th day Sabbath (4th commandment, which was established in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 2:2,3) ?
..this was the basic principles that Moses rested upon in order to pass out judgement. He relied on the Law given to him at Sinai (i.e. his Law...)
Do you realize that every one of the 10 commandments are found in the Book of Genesis ?
This law given at Sinai was the 10 commandments. These in turn gave moses the basis for writing out the Laws of Israel found in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Keep in mind that they all go back tot he Law at Sinai...and i may be stepping out on a limb here, but they all fall under the Law that Paul says that death comes from.
Yes to break any of the commandments is sin, which results in eternal death, (Romans 6:23)
Just a thought...I do know the difference...do you?
Yes, and so does Jesus Christ when he said: "IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).
And God has a people who are loyal to him:
"Here is the patience of the saints...here are they that keep the commandments of God, and have the faith of Jesus", (Revelation 14:12)

God Bless

In HIS Service,
Jemidon

P.S. If i havn't reminded you before "THE LAW HAS BEEN ABOLISHED. AS A CHILD OF GOD I'M NOT UNDER THE LAW ANYMORE! I HAVE NO CONDEMNATION ANYMORE BECAUSE THE ONE WHO CAME (JESUS) FULFILLED AND ABOLISHED THE LAW SUCH THAT WE MAY LIVE UNDER GRACE. Get it? Got it? LIVE IT!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 01:22:46 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the