Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:56:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Pedophilia a Mental Disorder or a Genetic Condition?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Pedophilia a Mental Disorder or a Genetic Condition?  (Read 3890 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 09:03:59 PM »

I don't see nothing wrong with being politically incorrect. Thats what most "leftist" call Christians.

Exactly.  Thank you.  I was being facetious by calling it "correct".  Smiley

And Brother Jerry, please don't think I was saying "tough" to you in particular.  I meant it more as to anyone in that I'm at an age and place now in my walk but also in my own life that I really don't care what others think about me.  There are only two in my life that I feel the need to impress and that is God and myself.  And I add myself in there because I have to be able to look at myself in the mirror.   Wink

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 09:53:11 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'm looking back at 25 years in police work and remembering many young victims. The victims go through a unique and horrible torture that's almost impossible to imagine. To say that this is an evil criminal act that almost destroys the victim is an understatement.

There have been many changes in the law over the last few decades, and they weren't in favor of the victim. We see some things that are thought to be positive, but they don't come close to what we already had 40 years ago. We had harsh and/or lengthy punishments that worked at one time. As a simple example, forcible rape used to involve a death sentence. The main idea should be to stop the evil offender from attacking any more children. The repeat offender rates indicate that the offenders rarely ever stop, regardless of treatment and the time of incarceration. The only answers I know of are life sentences or the death penalty. We spend huge amounts of money and effort with a failed program to stop the offenders. How about the victims? What do we do for the victims?

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 10:10:18 PM »

The repeat offender rates indicate that the offenders rarely ever stop, regardless of treatment and the time of incarceration. The only answers I know of are life sentences or the death penalty.

As I have said before, in the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" thread...
This is the only offense where I feel I'd like to see Capital Punishment carried out.
And I will go out on a limb here and share why I feel so incredibly strong about this:
My mother is a survivor; I'm a survivor; and my daughter is a survivor.

Even knowing that as a Christian, or that most Christians are against Capital Punishment because, "all should have the chance to come to Christ"; in my heart of hearts, I want them dead.
I do not think that God will condemn me for feeling that way.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 11:08:12 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

Sister, I could say that I understand completely, but nobody understands completely unless they have been a victim themselves. So, I'll just say that I've tried to understand, and things like this always make me angry. You know what I mean when I ask, "What do we do for the victims?" There are insufficient attempts to help the victims in some places, but most of the resources are used to deal with the offenders. This situation should be reversed, and we should learn how to care for the victims. The rights and needs of the offenders are guaranteed by the system, but what about the victims?

Brothers and Sisters, it's a very sad fact that we many times do a better job with animal cruelty, abuse, and neglect cases than we do when human children are the victims. This is sad and heart-breaking.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 3:1-2 NASB
See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 09:22:04 AM »

Grammy

PR would say you were having a senior moment, or blonde moment, or just plain moment Cheesy  And believe me I have had those too.

Believe me I completely agree with you that it is sin and it is flat out wrong.  I am not disagreeing with that at all.  Only pointing out the effects of the "world" classifying the sin.  And I believe that someday sexual deviation will ultimately be classified.   Do not know what it will be classified but it will be. 

And I know you were not saying "tough" to me or anything like that.  I understand where you are coming from on this completely and I agree. 

And I am along with Tom on the other issues as well.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 09:44:48 AM »

Grammy

PR would say you were having a senior moment, or blonde moment, or just plain moment Cheesy 

Watch it sonny  Cheesy

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 10:09:47 AM »

lol.....that is why I said that PR would have said that....I would never say anything like that  Roll Eyes

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 11:01:02 AM »

lol.....that is why I said that PR would have said that....I would never say anything like that  Roll Eyes

Wait a minute now ... trying to get me into trouble when I wasn't even here to defend myself. (but you're right, I probably would have   Cheesy Cheesy   )

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »

Wait a minute now ... trying to get me into trouble when I wasn't even here to defend myself. (but you're right, I probably would have   Cheesy Cheesy   )

That's just about enough out of you two!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »

ROFL ....  Now that is one that I just have to snag.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 03:12:34 PM »

Grin   Grin   ROFL!  YEP! - I had to snag that one also.

I can't come close to topping that one, but here's another one for your collection.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 06:20:29 PM »

Gang up on ME will ya....

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 08:20:48 PM »

The only way to get by. (at least for a little while)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 11:57:54 PM »

Grin   Grin  ROFL! I had to snag the portrait of these handsome and dignified men. They look like they're ready to be either hit with a pie or that rolling pin.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 12:04:21 AM »

Grin   Grin  ROFL! I had to snag the portrait of these handsome and dignified men. They look like they're ready to be either hit with a pie or that rolling pin.

Maybe both.   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the