Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:36:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Pedophilia a Mental Disorder or a Genetic Condition?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Pedophilia a Mental Disorder or a Genetic Condition?  (Read 3891 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2007, 10:23:38 PM »

This is something that i knew was just a matter of time before someone came out with it:

Is Pedophilia a Mental Disorder or a Genetic Condition?

The website ScienceDaily.com posted a short story claiming that researchers may have discovered that there is a correlation between a man’s height — or rather his lack thereof — and a predisposition toward pedophilia. Now, the science of this is not the issue that immediately popped into my mind when I read this. No, what struck me as interesting was the social aspect of this study when contrasted with the newfound favorability that homosexuality has seen since the 1970s. After reading this report on pedophilia, I found myself wondering how long it would be before pedophiles would protest this characterization of their predilection as as a mental disorder? I wondered how long it would be before their condition was deemed a “natural” one by someone and I wondered how long before they would advocate for the determination that they had some sort of mental defect to be reversed mirroring the same success homosexuality had in getting that mental disorder sanctioned as “normal” by the mental health profession?

The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), a series of teaching and research facilities in Toronto, Canada, has apparently found that pedophilic males are shorter than average, non-pedolhilic males. Their study was recently published in Sexual Abuse: A Journal of Research and Treatment and suggested that pedophiles may have been “exposed to pre-birth conditions that affected their physical development.” The study observed this difference by analyzing the files of over 1,000 men in Toronto who were assessed for pedophilia or other sexual disorders between 1995 and 2006.

“A difference in average height is a trait found in other illnesses with biological links. The average difference in height was two centimeters, which is similar to the shorter height associated with schizophrenia or Alzheimer’s disease,” says the report on ScienceDaily.com. The report also suggests that pedophilia might, then, be caused by biological factors and if that’s true, “the discovery of biological markers for pedophilia has important implications for future study and possibly treatment.”

That’s not all. The study also found that pedophiles seem to have lower IQs, are three times more likely to be left-handed, have repeatedly failed grades in school, and strangely, had more head injuries as children.

Naturally, they claim that more study is required to solidify these findings.

But, here is the question that struck me: if pedophilia is found to have “biological” causes and might be treatable should these “markers” be discovered, what does that say about homosexuality? Why should homosexuality be considered “normal” and not open for treatment while pedophilia should be considered a treatable mental disorder? What is the difference between the two conditions? After all, they are both considered aberrant behavior by most people even today, and they both certainly have been considered “sick” behavior throughout history.

But, what is a “mental disorder,” anyway? The website for the Mayo Clinic reminds us that homosexuality was reclassified as “normal” by the mental health establishment in 1973 and further claims that mental health determinations are not just scientific but may “reflect evolving social and cultural attitudes.” This begs the question if anything really can be considered abnormal or evidence of a sick mind if such diagnoses are merely an “evolving” set of societal presumptions?

Homosexuals lobbied long and hard for their predilection to be reclassified as “normal,” quite despite the fact that society had yet to warm to the idea. It was a political effort launched by homosexual lobbying and advocacy groups, not one determined by either science or society. It was an outright political campaign. But, what that campaign did was relativize all mental disorders and leave each of them open to reclassification at any time that society decides that a particular mental disorder is now socially acceptable. Naturally, this leaves our determination of a mental disorder open to lobbying campaigns and takes the classification firmly out of the hands of mental health professionals.

So, all that leads to the possibility that pedophilia could one day be lobbied out of being a mental disorder and into the realm of the normal. And to be sure that is just what we are seeing from groups like NAMBLA and their ilk who want just that reclassification, too.

What could stand in the way of such a relativist’s efforts? Only that society continues to see pedophilia as a social taboo. But, as with homosexuality, we risk a weakening of that social determination as people with an agenda continue to work against traditional social mores in our entertainment and our schools.

It would not be surprising to see this study spoken out against as some sort of assault on pedophilia in the same way we have seen homosexuality normalized over the last 30 years. And why shouldn’t it be? After all, if everything is as relative as the reclassification of homosexuality from mental disease to normal, then what could ever be wrong with child molesters? 

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 11:04:43 PM »

I'm sorry, and you can delete this right after I write it, but this is crap
There is no other topic on earth that makes me madder than this one.  Pedophilia is a sick, sinful perversion.  Nothing more.  Homosexuality is a sick sinful perversion.  Nothing more.
Concerning Pedophilia it is the only time I entertain thoughts of becoming a vigilante.  God help me.
I'm going to stop here because I really have a hard time controlling my temper on this one.
The only thing I will say is that when we all return with Christ, I want to be on the squad that wipes out these particular monsters.

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 12:16:47 AM »

It's really the same as homosexuality and sex with animals. It really doesn't matter what the shrinks call it. It's:

ABNORMAL CHOICE!
SICK CHOICE!
PERVERTED CHOICE!
SINFUL CHOICE!
ABOMINATION IN THE EYES OF GOD CHOICE!

The debate about how mankind classifies WEIRD EVIL doesn't really make any difference. So, the final decision of what mankind decides means nothing at all. GOD has already classified this and called it what it is - "An abomination in HIS eyes." GOD already had the final WORD in this matter, and HIS WORD will endure forever.

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 10:20:59 AM »

It's really the same as homosexuality and sex with animals. It really doesn't matter what the shrinks call it. It's:

ABNORMAL CHOICE!
SICK CHOICE!
PERVERTED CHOICE!
SINFUL CHOICE!
ABOMINATION IN THE EYES OF GOD CHOICE!

The debate about how mankind classifies WEIRD EVIL doesn't really make any difference. So, the final decision of what mankind decides means nothing at all. GOD has already classified this and called it what it is - "An abomination in HIS eyes." GOD already had the final WORD in this matter, and HIS WORD will endure forever.

I absolutely agree.  Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 12:21:22 PM »

It is SIN! Everyone wants to excuse their wickedness by disguising it as an illness. We were told a long time ago that drunkeness is an illness, but I never bought that. People choose to get drunk, do drugs, lie, rape or molest, rob, kill, cheat on their wife or husband, or commit any other perversion because of SIN and NOT because of any illness. If it's an illness, then God would be unjust to condemn them for it, because they can't help themselves--just like you can't help getting a cold. People turn their backs on God and say, "I will live my life MY way." That gives sin full reign in their lives, because they see nothing wrong with anything. The ONLY thing they consider to be wrong is Christians saying, "That is sin."

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 11:08:43 AM »

Quite honestly I sorta hope they do classify it as something other than choice.
Because then we can say you have a disability and thus to keep the world safe you should be locked up.  If it is genetic then we label it as a problem and will work to find the gene that causes it.

And this puts us one step closer to labeling abnormalities as problems and issues to be dealt with.  We cannot give special treatment to those that are simply ill, we must treat them and if needed isolate them. 

The gay community will do all it can to fight any sort of classification.  Because if they embrace the choice issue then they admit they are choosing abnomily...if they embrace an illness then there is hope for a cure...same for genetic.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 11:55:37 AM »

Thank God for Bill O'reilly...
He go's after every state that has refused to adopt Jessica's Law....
GO GET'em  MR. Bill
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 12:09:19 PM »

Quite honestly I sorta hope they do classify it as something other than choice.
Because then we can say you have a disability and thus to keep the world safe you should be locked up.  If it is genetic then we label it as a problem and will work to find the gene that causes it.

And this puts us one step closer to labeling abnormalities as problems and issues to be dealt with.  We cannot give special treatment to those that are simply ill, we must treat them and if needed isolate them. 

The gay community will do all it can to fight any sort of classification.  Because if they embrace the choice issue then they admit they are choosing abnomily...if they embrace an illness then there is hope for a cure...same for genetic.

I totally disagree.  This is not genetic or anything else but sin.

Here is quote from Pastor Roger's "Old Time Gospel" this morning that I think applies:

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin. James 1:13-15

Stats have shown that these perverts can not be treated and will offend over and over.  It's a big waste of time and money to try and rehabilitate.  I also think it's a waste of money to support them in institutions or prisons.
If it were up to me I would put them in general population and make an announcement over the loud speaker of what there crime was and let the inmates handle it.
However it is not up to me.  It is up to God and I'm sure His punishment when the time comes will beat anything my imagination can come up with.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 12:49:34 PM »

Here's a CURE!
22 cal. Grin Shocked
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 02:33:24 PM »

However, if they can get people to believe "I was born this way", that makes it perfectly normal and they can marry, adopt children, become ordained ministers, or hold any position they want. Oh, yeah, it's already like that isn't it? No one will be able to say "It's wrong; It's against nature", because "nature" made them that way.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 03:27:26 PM »

However...nature made diabetes, aides, (I know diseases), but let us look into the genetic ones.... Tay Sachs, sickle cell, http://www.genome.gov/page.cfm?pageID=10001204 has a whole list of them.  If one is born that way then it is genetic.  And if it is genetic then it is not a normal genetic trait and should be classified just as any one of those diseases are and we should strive to find a cure.

Grammy I completely agree that it is a choice.  But in order to get anyone to realize that they have to be shown that it is purely a choice.  If homosexuality or any other sexual derivative gets classified as a possible curable state then homosexuality HAS to be put into the same classification.  Because ultimately any deviation from the further development of the species is abnormal.  So homosexuality HAS to be classified to then be "treated"  We will never find a "cure" for it because it is a choice. 

Another thing I find completely amazing...how can someone continue to believe in evolution when there are SO MANY choices made that go against the natural order...thus ultimately defying evolution in and of itself?  But then that is a topic for a different day and thread

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 05:27:19 PM »

However...nature made diabetes, aides, (I know diseases), but let us look into the genetic ones.... Tay Sachs, sickle cell, http://www.genome.gov/page.cfm?pageID=10001204 has a whole list of them.  If one is born that way then it is genetic.  And if it is genetic then it is not a normal genetic trait and should be classified just as any one of those diseases are and we should strive to find a cure.

Grammy I completely agree that it is a choice.  But in order to get anyone to realize that they have to be shown that it is purely a choice.  If homosexuality or any other sexual derivative gets classified as a possible curable state then homosexuality HAS to be put into the same classification.  Because ultimately any deviation from the further development of the species is abnormal.  So homosexuality HAS to be classified to then be "treated"  We will never find a "cure" for it because it is a choice. 

Another thing I find completely amazing...how can someone continue to believe in evolution when there are SO MANY choices made that go against the natural order...thus ultimately defying evolution in and of itself?  But then that is a topic for a different day and thread

I also have a medical background.   Sixteen years in hospital pharmacy.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 05:40:41 PM »

I also have a medical background.   Sixteen years in hospital pharmacy.

Sorry.  I didn't get to finish my thought before I accidentally hit the send button.

As I was saying Brother....I also have a medical history.  However I'm not interested in classifying this or any other perversion as anything other than what it is...Perverted Sin.  I'm also not interested in paying for a treatment that I already know will not work as you agree.  I'm not interested in disguising it to the world as anything other than perverted sin.
If it talks like a pervert, thinks like a pervert and acts like a pervert.....it's a pervert.  Call it what it is and if the world doesn't

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 05:53:19 PM »

Call it what it is and if the world doesn't

I'm really having a hard time here today aren't I?

To finish..... I'll call it what it is and if the world doesn't like MY political correctness......tough.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 08:45:25 PM »

I'm really having a hard time here today aren't I?

To finish..... I'll call it what it is and if the world doesn't like MY political correctness......tough.

I don't see nothing wrong with being politically incorrect. Thats what most "leftist" call Christians.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the