Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christ as a Woman, God as Female
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christ as a Woman, God as Female  (Read 6608 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2005, 11:13:51 PM »

I am left speachless:

New Bible Shows Christ as a Woman, God as Female
Tuesday May 31, 5:20 am ET
Publication in Response to Empowerment of Women in Society

WASHINGTON, May 31 /PRNewswire/ -- A new edition of the Gospels of the Bible for the first time shows Christ as a woman, named Judith Christ of Nazareth, and God as female. In all other respects, the classic texts of the Gospels remain unchanged.

The publisher, LBI Institute, has released this new Bible entitled: "Judith Christ of Nazareth, The Gospels of the Bible, Corrected to Reflect that Christ Was a Woman, Extracted from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John." The book is available in bookstores and online.

"This long-awaited revised text of the Gospels makes the moral message of Christ more accessible to many, and more illuminating to all," says Billie Shakespeare, V.P. for the publisher. "It is empowering. We published this new Bible to acknowledge the rise of women in society."

This new Bible includes: The Parable of the Prodigal Daughter, The Lady's Prayer, and other revised favorite passages, such as:

* Her birth -- Luke 2:4 And Joseph went to Bethlehem. 5 To be enrolled
        with Mary, his wife, who was then pregnant. 7 And she brought forth
        her firstborn child. 21 And her name was chosen to be Judith.

* Her crucifixion -- John 19:17 And She bearing her cross went forth. 18
        There they crucified Judith.

* Her resurrection -- Matthew 28:1 Mary Magdalene and the other Mary
        came to see the tomb. 5 But the angel said to the women, "Do not be
        afraid, for I know that you seek Judith who was crucified." 6 "She is
        not here; for She is risen."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 11:20:05 PM »

PERVERSION defined!!!    Sickening.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 11:42:32 PM »

This is... I don't even know what to say. Sad What is wrong with people?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 11:51:54 PM »

What?  What's that?  You mean there's something you don't know!! Grin Grin Grin

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 01:05:29 AM »

Tongue Tongue Tongue

My first instinct was to post a joke or 2 about why Jesus can't be a woman, but the sickening hatred of the left soon took over. Lips Sealed

Bronzesnake
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 02:49:11 AM »

Like I said...God is not in Heaven saying "let's make a deal" He is in heaven saying "THIS IS THE DEAL!!!"

How arrogant these feminists are! They actually believe they have changed God's Word!!

asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 02:57:51 AM »

The people who publish this trash don't have a clue.
asaph

Bronzesnake
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 03:16:31 AM »

The people who publish this trash don't have a clue.
asaph

On the contrary, they know exactly what they're doing.
They don't believe in God. This is a well thought of strategic manoeuvre in order to twist a liberal "Christian" population into believing this stuff is legitimate. Scriptures are misinterpreted and manipulated to make it appear as though Jesus has a feminine persona, and that the interpretation that God is masculine is incorrect. I'm sure many feminist and liberals will eat this stuff up.

This is no different than homosexual priests and bishops. These people don't believe in a literal God who has moral rules and laws. They insert themselves into Christianity in order to slowly reinterpret it to suit their lifestyles. People accept this evil! Not just gay folks either, liberal Christians will accept almost any interpretation, using the flawed logic that "Jesus is love" and Jesus accepts any moral degradation as long as it's committed in "love"

It's a strategy. Get into all aspects of society and insert your own agenda. Eventually the liberals will drink the watered down wine and grow to enjoy it. It's all part of a concerted effort to "normalize" their Godless lifestyles.

They don't believe God's Word, so they have no fear of the consequences.
SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 03:23:23 AM »

....you know, this article hurts to know about.  Yes it's necessary to be informed about it in case someone we're ministering to mentions it.  However, the publication of this book makes me very sad, very sad indeed.  Our culture (the world) does not need more lies (however blatant) to confuse and destroy the lost and unprepared.  I'm sad.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 03:36:57 AM »

....you know, this article hurts to know about.  Yes it's necessary to be informed about it in case someone we're ministering to mentions it.  However, the publication of this book makes me very sad, very sad indeed.  Our culture (the world) does not need more lies (however blatant) to confuse and destroy the lost and unprepared.  I'm sad.

Yes, it is sad my friend. The good news is that God's Word is literal and accurate. Like I said, these people do not believe in God. this is simply an attempt at an attack at Christians by an angry group of lesbians, who hate men, and can not stand to hear about a masculine God.

They would not dare try this nonsense with the Muslims. It's OK to trash the Christian God, but it's not acceptable to attack the Muslims. If these “ladies” tried this with the Koran, their lives would be in mortal danger. It’s another sign of the end times.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 10:24:52 AM »

So they hate men so much they have to make God a female?   Jesus was a man, a fact that can't be changed.  Can't they love Jesus as a man?  

Oddly enough, I always thought of the Holy Spirit as having feminine attritbutes.  And then God created them, man and woman, in his own image, the trinity still makes sense to me.  
Bronzesnake
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 11:27:53 AM »

So they hate men so much they have to make God a female?   Jesus was a man, a fact that can't be changed.  Can't they love Jesus as a man?  

Oddly enough, I always thought of the Holy Spirit as having feminine attritbutes.  And then God created them, man and woman, in his own image, the trinity still makes sense to me.  

Actually He created "man" in His own image. Eve was created from one of Adam's ribs.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 12:53:09 PM »

Oddly enough, I always thought of the Holy Spirit as having feminine attritbutes.

ditto that.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 08:51:15 PM »

Oddly enough, I always thought of the Holy Spirit as having feminine attritbutes.

ditto that.

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Joh 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 12:20:56 AM »

I often wonder what people mean when they say God has feminine attritbutes. Is being merciful and loving exclusivly feminin? Or is God part woman in some people's minds?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the