Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:54:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What Saves Us
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Saves Us  (Read 2476 times)
brotherjim

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2003, 01:52:20 PM »

"And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

"He that says, 'I know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the Truth is not in him.

"But whoso keeps His Word, in him verily is the Love of God perfected: hereby we know that we are in Him.

"He that says he remains in Him ought also so to walk, even as He walked.

"Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the Word which you have heard from the beginning. . . .

"I write unto you, young men, because you have overcome the wicked one. . . .

"If any man love the world, the Love of the Father is not in him. . . .

". . . he that does the will of God remains forever. . . .

"Let that [Love and its commandment] therefore abide in you, which you have heard from the beginning. If that which you have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, you also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

"And this is the promise that He has promised us, even eternal Life. . . .

"And now, little children, remain in Him; that, when He will appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. . . .

"Whosoever remains in Him does not sin: whosoever sins has not seen Him, neither known Him.

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, . . .

". . . whosoever does not do righteousness is not of God, neither he that does not Love his brother. . . .

"For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should Love one another. . . .

"My little children, let us not Love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in Truth. . . .

"And he that keeps His commandments remains in Him, and He in him.

"We are of God: he that knows God hears us; he that is not of God does not hear us. Hereby we know the Spirit of Truth, and the spirit of error.

"Beloved, let us Love one another: for Love is of God; and everyone that Loves is born of God, and knows God.

"He that does not Love does not know God; for God is Love. . . .

". . . God is Love; and he that abides in Love remains in God, and God in him.

"Herein is our Love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment: because as He is [perfect in Love], so are we in this world. . . .

". . . and everyone that Loves Him that [gave new birth to him] also Loves [them] who are begotten of Him.

"By this we know that we Love the children of God, when we Love God, and keep His commandments.

"For this is the Love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous. . . .

"I rejoiced greatly that I found my children walking in Truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

"And now I beseech you . . . not as though I wrote a new commandment unto you, but that which we have heard from the beginning, that we Love one another.

"And this is Love, that we walk after His commandments. This is the commandment, that, as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it. . . .

"Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things which we have gained, but that we receive a full reward."

The Epistles of John
brotherjim

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2003, 07:39:19 PM »

Whoever,

Oops, sorry, I almost forgot:

Numerous personal testimonies from those who have instantly received the Love of the Father perfected in their hearts - as well as some academic studies of same, can be read free on-line at www.EnterHisRest.org (sift as usual).

From their homepage, click on either "Testimonies" for those or "Entry Directions" for misc. writings (I'm just starting to explore the site myself, and last night found the writings of J.A. Wood under either the above general topic headings especially pertinent).

Under the "Test." I found the "Heritage Testimonies" subgroup of great delight.

For those unfamiliar with navigating Adobe Reader:

After you have selected a group or subgroup, if you hold down the "Shift" key while clicking on a particular testimony or writer, you will get the Adobe Reader as a full screen and not just a portion thereof.

Additionally, if you click on the icon in the toolbar at the top of the Adobe window that's labeled "Hide/Open Navigation Pane," you can hide the left navigation window thereby further enlarging the text window.

And yet again, you can also drop down the page size box and select "Fit Width" from the menu (this resulted in an 111% page size for me).

The above will keep you from going blind while trying to read the texts, as I eventually discovered after much straining ("Duh" to me).

Be blessed, bro. jim
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the