Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:51:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The answer to the 6-6-6 question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The answer to the 6-6-6 question  (Read 1839 times)
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2003, 10:32:35 AM »

Simply an expansion of the SS# to 18 digits- or 3 groups of 6 digits.

It can already be seen in the UNIVERSAL PRODUCT CODE. The outside bars and the middle have a value of 6 and they can track every single product without error using a simple scanner.

I am glad us'uns ain't a gonna be here.

aw
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 10:01:45 PM »

Simply an expansion of the SS# to 18 digits- or 3 groups of 6 digits.

It can already be seen in the UNIVERSAL PRODUCT CODE. The outside bars and the middle have a value of 6 and they can track every single product without error using a simple scanner.

I am glad us'uns ain't a gonna be here.

aw
Why are you glad? Because of an expansion of the SS # digits? Because products can be tracked with bar code? How does that cause a problem for any one? How is that anti-Christ? Just curious?

Revevlation 13:11.  And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
 12.  And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
 13.  And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
 14.  And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
 15.  And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
 16.  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
 17.  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
 18. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 09:46:37 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 12:16:54 AM »

Not exactly. It has to be in the store computer. I can't just take a TV Guide from Wal-mart, and sell it to someone at Blockbuster. Trust me ,I've spend many a hour scaning random things at Blockbuster, to see if they will scan. Grin Most things not from the store will not. UPC are good if your computer has that code, otherwise, you might as well be scanning you sole of your shoe.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 01:51:54 AM »

Not exactly. It has to be in the store computer. I can't just take a TV Guide from Wal-mart, and sell it to someone at Blockbuster. Trust me ,I've spend many a hour scaning random things at Blockbuster, to see if they will scan. Grin Most things not from the store will not. UPC are good if your computer has that code, otherwise, you might as well be scanning you sole of your shoe.

Nice, I take you you answer "hardly working" to the infamous question:  "Working hard or hardly working?"

I find it highly amussing that people get all uptight about UPC codes and stuff and don't pay any mind to the fact our gov't can find a dime in the middle of the woods from space and read the date it was made.  Oh my UPC codes can track you.   Roll Eyes  I'd bet 98% of this forum have cookies enabled on their web browser (internet explorer) where random companies are looking at everything you are so they can better sell their product to you.  But oh my let's worry about UPC codes that only work if programmed into the system.  

Can we all get back to doing the LORD's work now?

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 04:08:08 PM »

Yep, hardly working is my reply. Grin I perfer:

"When are you going to work?"
"Pahahahahahaha... when I find a job" Grin

And I still hate going to work, so I don't know what I going to be then I get out of college! Grin

Yeah, they can track you when with your pager or cell phone, even when it is off, and tell the year on a dime from space. It is a bit scarier then "Oh my god, my SS# has a 6 in it!"

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 12:52:14 PM »

You don’t have to go outside of the bible to answer this question. UPC codes and SS # are solutions that come out of mans mind.
The decimal equivalent of 2/3 is .666.
Throughout the bible 1/3 represents the saved and 2/3 represents the unsaved.

Zechariah 13:8  And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
Zechariah 13:9  And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

If you wish to explore this further look to 2Ki 1:10. Three captains are sent to take Elijah. The first 2 are consumed when Elijah calls down fire from heaven. The third was spared when he begged for mercy.
Two thirds (666) represents the unsaved it is not a literal number. This is a very consistent representation throughout the bible. Unsaved man has the spirit of antichrist in them. Nobody is going to show up and be “the” antichrist.  

1 John 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Look at this verse a little more carefully.
That spirit of antichrist <500>
First of all spirit is italicized, the translators added it.
All 4 words come from one Greek word:  antichristos. It is Strong’s # 500.

Notice he says the antichrist is already in the world at that time. It is not some future event. The false teaching on this has spread like wildfire because no one seems to want to check it out.
The word, antichristos, appears only in these 4 verses:

1 John 2:18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist <500> shall come, even now are there many antichrists <500>; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1 John 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist <500>, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist <500>, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7  For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist <500>.

Do we really want to search out the truth, or do we want to grasp what sounds “right” to us?

2 Timothy 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 07:29:26 PM »

Antichrist will be a man. He will be indwelt by Satan 1260 days after He signs a 7 year covenant between Israel and 10 nations. Antichrist signing the treaty with Israel starts Daniel's 70th week. In the middle of the 7 year "week" Satan is thrown from Heaven to the earth (Rev. 12) and He "heals" the fatally wounded Antichrist and indwells Him.

Let me make my case with Scripture. Isaiah 14:12 introduces us to Lucifer (Satan) and Lucifer proclaims his 5 "I wills"

Isaiah 14:12: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
   13: For thou hast said in thine heart, I willascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I willsit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
   14: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Lucifer sinned against God in his heart before he did the action. God read his heart and saw his intentions. So far this prophecy is about lucifer (Satan) but now God takes us further and begins to reveal some secrets about Satan and Antichrist. The next verses show that Lucifer Has indwelt a man.

15: Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
   16: They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

This part of the prophecy concerns the future Antichrist, the man.

17: That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
   18: All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.
   19: But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
   20: Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

The Antichrist and False prophet are cast into the lake of fire by Jesus at His second coming at the end of Daniel's 70th week.

Revelation 19:20 "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

Satan is cast to earth "mid week of Daniel's 70th week, 1260 days after the covenant with Israel was signed, and 1260 days before Jesus' second coming at the end of the 70th week of Daniel. Antichrist is given power to rule for 42 months, from the mid week until Jesus throws Him into the lake of fire at His second coming.

Revelation 13:4 "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
   5: And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Antichrist has 42 months of power (1260 days)

Now look at the fate of Satan being thrown from heaven to the earth and notice the amount of time "the woman" (Israel) is to go to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, 1260 days.

Revelation 12:6 "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
   7: And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
   8: And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
   9: And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

When Satan is cast down to the earth He enpowers Antichrist the man, for 42 months (1260 days) until Jesus returns to earth and sets up the Millenial Kingdom and binds Satan, and throws the literal man Antichrist, and the literal man, false prophet into the literal lake of fire, literally.

Revelation 13:18: Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The number of A man, not of "men" but the number of one individual man, the son of perdition, the beast, commonly known as Antichrist.

Paul2

Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2003, 01:31:50 PM »

I have made my case for antichrist above.
I have also made my case for 666 = 2/3 above.

Revelation 13:18  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Those three words, “of a man”, come from the word, #444, anthropos. It is usually translated man or men.
It is the number God has assigned to unsaved man as I feel I have shown above. Check out all the references in the bible that give a 1/3 - 2/3 relationship, I think you will find it interesting.
Suggesting that the number refers to scanner codes or SS#’s, something only found in the USA, is pure speculation.
The phrase, “his number”, could also be translated much different. His comes from #846, autos, This word has been translated numerous different ways, usually as him, or his, he, or her, but it has been translated 318 time as their and 121 times as they, among many other translations:
AV-him 1952, his 1084, their 318, he 253, her 242, they 121, same 80, himself 58, misc 1679; 5787

1) himself, herself, themselves, itself
2) he, she, it
3) the same

It is the number of man; and their number is 666, (2/3).
In Isaiah 14:4-23 God personifies Satan and calls him Lucifer.
The context for this is the King of Babylon:

Isaiah 14:4  That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

Babylon is often used as a figure for the kingdom of Satan, as shown in Revelation 18.
Verse 4 sets the context. Babylon is ruled by the king of Babylon, Satan’s dominion is ruled by Satan.
Lucifer is used as a personification of Satan, much like Babylon is used as a picture of Satan’s rule over the world. He already has that, he doesn’t have to be a man to do it.
This is carried out further in 2Thessalonians 2:

2 Thessalonians 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2 Thessalonians 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

One of the things that is happening today is the deterioration of the church. The man of sin is sitting in Gods temple, the church.
To sit means to rule, to have authority. Jesus sits at the right hand of God. He has authority.
Satan takes over churches, God raises them up and then they fall.
Many people think the above verses refers to the literal rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem. This is speculation. When Jesus went to the cross the veil was rent in two. The temple has had zero significance ever since.
On the other hand the body of believers are called the temple:

Ephesians 2:19  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Ephesians 2:21  In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

1 Corinthians 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Satan is personified as a man because God has allowed him to rule over man for a period of time.
There was a time about 10 years ago that I read a lesson on the 70 weeks of Daniel maybe I am getting old but I have forgotten the lesson and I am not qualified to say anything right now.  Lips Sealed
It seems I haven’t read Daniel for quite a while. Embarrassed

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 03:49:13 PM »

I wouldn't make too much of this 666 business. Some early manuscripts have 665.

The earliest fragment we have of this part of Revelation gives the beast a numerical value of 616.

http://www.csad.ox.ac.uk/POxy/beast616.htm
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the