Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:52:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ULTRADISPENSATIONALISM: BIBLE TRUTH OR HERESY?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ULTRADISPENSATIONALISM: BIBLE TRUTH OR HERESY?  (Read 7268 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 07:08:54 PM »

Greek words quite often can be use to mean a number of different words in English. In the case of the original word for edifying (Oikonomia) could be used to mean dispensation. When we look at the context of the verses that it is used in conjunction with we get a better idea of how it should be used and dispensation is not one of them.  Oikonomia (also spelled oikonomeia, economia or economy) more correctly and literally means "household management," the "law of the house," or "house building." In this particular verse it is speaking of Salvation. We are specifically told not to give "heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions" but rather to tend to the more important matters of the godly law (or doing that which builds up the body of Christ) "which is in faith". It has nothing to do with the modern day use of the word "dispensation" that most people give to it which is the meaning of a "frame of time".

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 07:20:16 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 04:48:00 AM »

1 Tim 1: 4 , is how I define dispensation. The last part of the verse  , the word edifying is not in the Greek text. The verse should read ; neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than God's dispensation which is in faith. Does't that mean that to be in the faith you have a Pauline DISPENSATIONISTS, period. Yes it does.

Hello Dan P,

Your statement would cause considerable confusion and a long list of questions. Your statement could be interpreted dozens of ways, and many of them would be quite wrong. I think that it's time to go back to something more basic:  one needs to study and understand the Old Testament before one can understand and fully appreciate the New Testament.

Men have defined and labeled various dispensations an untold number of ways over the centuries. If you want to use the writings of the Apostle Paul, he taught that we are currently in the dispensation of Grace. A common practice of the Apostle Paul was to contrast the Dispensation of Grace with the Law. Men since then have labeled this dispensation as many ways, including:  1) Dispensation of the Gospel;  2) The Church Age; and more. Even the word "Dispensation" confuses many and has various meanings. I think that the closest meaning of "Dispensation" for this discussion would be:  A giving out by GOD of HIS declarations or wishes for a particular time in human history. GOD is the Administrator of HIS CREATION, and HE does declare HIS Wishes or announce what will happen in various Times HE Set before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 3:2-7  If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 2:19-21 NASB
"For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 03:50:39 PM »

If anyone would pull out all Pauls letters, what do we have ? The Law, and Isreal. We would have the Oild Testament beginning in part of Genesis thru Acts , which is the Old Covenant, then when God begins dealing with Isreal , Hebs thru Revelation as the New Covenant. That how see by taking Paulks letters out. You put Pauls letters back and everyone goes bananas, then baptiism, healings, tongues, rapture, just to name a few make everything go upside down.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 04:13:50 PM »

Just to bring up a minor point....the OT would be Genesis through John...John would end the Old Testament...the death of the testator would mean the end of the testament...the last book to have Jesus alive before death would be John.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
phillip

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 10:08:08 PM »

Dispensationalism is Biblical and Scriptural;  however, ultradispensationalism is not!  Ultradispensationalism is not taught or found in the Bible, however dispensationalism is in the Word of God!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 02:20:49 AM »

Brothers,

Each person will have a different definition or no definition at all for "dispensationalism" or "ultradispensationalism", so the terms really don't mean much unless you specifically use the WORD OF GOD to define the meaning. One can't do this without using the entire WORD OF GOD.

I'll simply say that the entire WORD of GOD is worthy of diligent study. The entire WORD of GOD is profitable, even though portions are not for us to practice. Example: burnt offerings. It's not ironic that we can't fully understand and appreciate the portions that are specifically written to us and for us without studying the entire BIBLE. A group of Christians could spend considerable time in trying to define what each one believed about dispensations, and there probably wouldn't be 100% agreement between any two people. SO, I think that brothers and sisters in CHRIST should use the HOLY BIBLE to define what they believe and why. This is a good way to share and study the WORD OF GOD INSTEAD OF the words of men. Regarding the words of men, I would not be including the GOD INSPIRED writers of GOD'S WORD. It's really surprising how well the HOLY BIBLE explains and defines various times in the history of mankind. AND, WE SHOULD KNOW THAT GOD'S WORD CONTAINS THE ONLY ACCURATE DEFINITIONS! If we can't directly use GOD'S WORD as an explanation of what we believe, what we believe is probably wrong. After all, the foundation of what we believe should be the WORD OF GOD, not the words of men.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 10:01:02 AM »

One can't do this without using the entire WORD OF GOD.
AMEN!

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 08:04:42 PM »

I know that I take a very hard view in 1 Tim 1:4, and wanted to see what you would all say. I would ask some that are dispensation , than those that are Covenant theologians. I like Bro Jerry answer , as to when the Old Testament ended, because I still see Isreal or Jews keeping the Law in Acts 21:20   DAN P
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 03:09:09 AM »

I know that I take a very hard view in 1 Tim 1:4, and wanted to see what you would all say. I would ask some that are dispensation , than those that are Covenant theologians. I like Bro Jerry answer , as to when the Old Testament ended, because I still see Isreal or Jews keeping the Law in Acts 21:20   DAN P

Hello Dan P,

I think that things boil down to two very simple situations:  1) The simple TRUTHS of the HOLY BIBLE versus 2) the complex confusion of man with all his his tags and labels.

This is why the HOLY BIBLE is the ultimate source of TRUTH - not the words, tags, labels, and confusion of man. In their own confused and misguided way, Israel and the Jews are still trying to keep the Law today. AND, they are NO CLOSER to succeeding now than they were then - JUST 2000 more years of failure! In fact, Israel and the Jews are FURTHER away from GOD and keeping the Law today than ever. The ANSWER was and is JESUS CHRIST - not the Law! Those who wish to live under the Law MUST live under all of it, AND they will be JUDGED by all of it.

THE ULTIMATE SIMPLICITY:  THE LAW CONDEMNS - JESUS SAVES!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 11:01:47 AM »

Amen!

Even though things had not been fully revealed to them it was by faith that the prophets of the OT were saved not by the holding of any law.

It is by faith that we are saved.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the