Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:09:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN...  (Read 5373 times)
dandirom

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 12:01:18 PM »

The first thing you should do is pray about. Ask God for guidance...  If you read the Bible, what you do here is be bold... Tell what is wrong because as i see it people in your Church have been blinded.  Confront if you need to; but, if you do you have to have a fellow Christian who stand in the thruth.

I forgot the exact verse where Paul confront the church where there is an adultery going on.  If your church will not face the problem it has; the punishment of God may be felt by all.

I think you mean 1 Corinthians 5.  The qualifications are all in the Bible, take 1 Timothy 3 for example.  'One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with alll gravity:
(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?).

And in Titus 1, 'If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having FAITHFUL CHILDREN not accused of riot or unruly.'

piusx

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006, 11:43:29 PM »

Cheesy forgive me for pointing out the obvious but in my neck of the woods, pastors (we like to call them priest) are not supposed to have any children. I supposed God intended it to be this way specifically for situations like this.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2006, 12:10:15 AM »

Cheesy forgive me for pointing out the obvious but in my neck of the woods, pastors (we like to call them priest) are not supposed to have any children. I supposed God intended it to be this way specifically for situations like this.

Here I must disagree again for there is no where in the God's word that says that. In fact it says the opposite:

1Ti 3:2  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
1Ti 3:3  Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
1Ti 3:4  One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
1Ti 3:5  (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
piusx

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2006, 12:22:08 AM »

Huh First let me say that as a man of God I respect you. However when these things were written these terms did not mean the same thing. What is worse deliberate mistranslation were employed when the protestants switched from the vulgate. It is true that the Greek Orthodox allow thier priest to marry...but never the Bishops.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2006, 12:30:07 AM »

Even if we go back to the Greek wording we still see the same thing. We also see that some of the Apostles were married.

Mat 8:14  And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
piusx

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006, 12:54:20 AM »

i never suggested that some of the apostles were not married. All i am saying is that god does not intend for priest to be married because if he did then they would be.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2006, 12:58:06 AM »

i never suggested that some of the apostles were not married. All i am saying is that god does not intend for priest to be married because if he did then they would be.

Priest are not married because of their own choosing. It has nothing to do with what God does or does not want them to do.

piusx

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2006, 01:06:17 AM »

Embarrassed you got me there. I have not a clue as to what you are sayng. Are you suggesting that priest choose not to marry? that boggles my mind... in a respectfull manner of course
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2006, 01:12:26 AM »

That is a choice that priests made. This is what Paul was talking about when he said that he wish that others would do as he did (paraphrased). Paul chose not to marry but he did not teach that the others could not do so, including those that were leaders of a church. In fact he approved of their doing so within certain guidelines.

piusx

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2006, 01:28:03 AM »

Shocked I guess this is where i fall in the great divide. The bible is open to so many interpretations. Just like the constitution. Where would we be without the Supreme Court to intrepret it for us. That is why we have the Curia. A court of Apostlic Successors to Peter to intrepret the bible. This is why we have such rancor and division among the protestants.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 01:47:05 AM »

This is why we have such rancor and division among the protestants.

There is also a lot of rancor and division amongst the catholics. Now I must warn you. We are not going to have another catholic/protestant war here so don't get started on it by making such comments. We are not going to have teachings that are quite plainly against the teachings of the Bible. You asked some questions and I gave you what the Bible says, not what some man told me to say. The Bible is our first and final authority not a man. Jesus Christ is the head of the church not a man.

Eph 1:22  And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23  Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Eph 5:23  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Col 1:18  And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

The church mentioned here is not a certain denomination or brick and mortar building, it the assembly of those saved by the grace of God.

piusx

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2006, 01:55:35 AM »

there was a catholic/protestent war? when was this?
my intention is not to cause rancor, I am just trying to understand why protestants are well...protestants.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2006, 02:01:49 AM »

The war was here on this forum. This forum is about uniting Christians not division by the teaching of denominations. Denominations are the product of man, not God.

piusx

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2006, 02:08:21 AM »

here Pastor we have Perfect concord.
GKB

MY GREATEST SEEK, IS TO KNOW JESUS MORE

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 02:21:03 AM »

excellent point pastor roger.

when your right you are right! those last words were spoken from a standpoint of relationship with god, one that goes past religion!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the