Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:36:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The lesser of two evils? really....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The lesser of two evils? really....  (Read 6285 times)
Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 07:16:43 PM »

Clearly you get information from a lot of shady sources.  As far as leaking secrets of national interest are you referring to the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame?  Her identity was released by the Republicans - reporter Robert Novak based on "unnamed source, high level official" who we have recently found out was Richard Armitage.  Scooter Libby and Karl Rove were also sources.  Endangering a CIA agents life sounds like a nasty way for the administration to punish someone for speaking out against the war.  President Bush also promised to fire those who were involved in this - and he has not kept that promise either.

A lot of the defenses are based on, "trust me" wait several years after I'm out of office and I can't be held accountable.  The Republican party has done everything to prove that they do not deserve our trust.  You have to have some facts to back up that you have a good strategy.  The idea that the Clinton Administration having a balanced budget being a result of earlier Republican efforts is also ludicrous.  A budget is set every year, the fact that they were able to establish a surplus is a testament to good government.  The previous administrations could take credit to the extent that they didn't leave such a mess that it was irrecoverable from in a few years as it seems certain this administration will leave.  They started with a Clinton surplus!  Now they have the biggest deficits ever!

The war in Iraq is obviously a disaster, I can't believe you would try to defend it.  Let's try to look at it from the President's perspective.  If you're the Presdident and you're trying to live a life like Christ, do you think the best strategy is to try to kill every terrorist by dropping lots of bombs and invading foreign nations.  A recent Johns Hopkins study put deaths in Iraq caused by the war in the hundreds of thousands.  What an insane strategy - it only makes sense to think you can go out and kill all the terrorists if you think there is some limited number of them out there and if you find them all you've succeeded.  More and more terrorists are being rallied everyday - a recent intelligence report confirms what those opposed to the war have been saying all along - killing tons of people in a foreign country makes them more hostile towards you and creates more terrorists.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 07:50:18 PM »

FC you sure do try to tap dance but it is hard to do when you are all "left" footed.

Clearly you get information from a lot of shady sources.

No we don't get our information from Michael Moore or CNN.

Like most things you post your information is one sided. At least we have been able to admit that there has been some individuals in the Republican party that are not honest like those that claim to be republican but vote for abortion and same sex marriage.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 07:51:06 PM »

YEAH FLORIDA_CATHOLIC!

You got almost all of the twisted democratic talking points in on one message.

People with any common sense know better. You know exactly what I was talking about, and so does everyone else.

Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 08:10:17 PM »

And he's way out there out of sight.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 08:52:29 PM »

AND, he might have found true love in San Francisco.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 09:05:46 PM »

Oh no, not Schultzie!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 12:26:17 AM »

Oh no, not Schultzie!

Sure looks like it brother....................... Cry

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »

Clearly you get information from a lot of shady sources.  b]

That usually the first line of defense an uninformed person uses............."well if you only knew better or just agreed with me"

Here is the issue, Liberals will always tell the uninformed what to thing and plant the seed of doubt and conspiracy in the minds of those without enough ambition to go out and get informed. I am not saying one party or the other makes more sense........but lets be realistic.....if one party violates the morals of God then as a Christian you can not vote that way.

If I had no other info but the abortion topic that would be enough for me to vote..............

I like to think that a discerning Christian can see through the media rhetoric but alas there are alot of liberal Christians that vote the fence.......or worse........don't vote at all........and it it destroying Gods church.

Can anyone ever truly say that they agree with every thing any party has ever done? No. So vote your conscience......but first you had better get informed and PRAY!!!

If you do notput your preconceptions aside and seek Gods will for your life........and vote.........you have failed before you start.

My $.02

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »

Can anyone ever truly say that they agree with every thing any party has ever done? No. So vote your conscience......but first you had better get informed and PRAY!!!

If you do notput your preconceptions aside and seek Gods will for your life........and vote.........you have failed before you start.

My $.02

AMEN Brother Gary!

That was at least $100 worth. You hit the nail on the head perfectly.

Become Informed!

Pray!

Go VOTE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 56:3-4 NASB  When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.  In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 04:38:40 PM »

Right on Rookie

But FC.  No I was not just referring to Valerie Plame.  Anytime I hear a reporter or journalist who gets some supposed super secret or extra juicy morsel of information and it comes from some unnamed source or whatever then I question the veracity of the claim.

The Republican party has done everything to prove that they do not deserve our trust.

Give me a break.  It is not like the Democratic party has done any better.

As far as a president getting a balance budget.  It happens every year.  What matters is following the budget.  And Billy's surplus was also just on paper.  And a government with a surplus is a bad thing.  Fiscal policy set by one President is rarely ever witnessed in full by that President.  It is a fact of life.  They are all thinking long term scenarios because a national economy cannot change dramatically rapidly without collapsing upon itself first.  That is why when a plan is approved and setup it will generally not start for one to two years out from that ratification date.  Then they are most usually set in place that there are landmark achievements every 2-3 years and stretching over a period of 6-10 or more years. 

This is a problem with government and economic systems of today.  They move so much slower than the society around them.  But if they were to move more radically forward then they would collapse around themselves.  It has always been this way and always will.

As far as the war in Iraq.  No it is not a disaster.  The country is seeing some dramatic improvements in quality of life.  Were there mistakes made?  Yes there were and there will be more.  Is the war costing lives?  Yes it is that is an unfortunate affect from war.  Was there deception used to start the war?  NO.  There is no evidence of it and no motive behind it either.  Do I believe that our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq are for a global good?  Yes I do.  And I support our troops as well as any President that is willing to see the job done and done correctly.  Turning tail and quitting are not what America is all about.  We are in this so let us see it through.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 06:58:27 AM »

Amen Rook!!

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
willychuck
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 10:05:45 PM »

Wow!!!

A lot of heat?   Wink  I don't think I can paste anyones quote.  So many good ones.  But I can say that voting has always been for me, a moral issue.  I'm in a local union, but no matter what stuff they try to pass off as "it will be good for jobs, good for the economy, bla, bla, bla, for them it's never about morality.  Usually it's about humanity and humanism.  I'm sorry but the Democratic party just doesn't seem to have God in mind.  At least not the God of all creation.  Not that the Republican party "always" has God in mind.  I agree with everyone except FC.  I do believe you're just trying to instigate things.   Shocked  Stir it up a little.  Grin  "If" you are a true believer, (please know that I have no clue) then I know you'll seek His heart in how to vote.  "If" you're not, then it doesn't really matter.  What would really matter is how "we" as believers, debated with you.   Undecided

Whatever it is you're trying to do, convey, express, I hope you found an answer that is suitable.  There has been a lot of answers given.   Grin

sincerely,
Bill

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 04:55:45 PM »

In reply to the first post on this topic i reckon i'd have to say to pick the best man for the job. In this world of politics and people we are choosing to be our leaders, i think we should pick the guy that's best for the job. I.E. someone that has a balance. Every will know what i'm talking about when I say this example and I am in NO means making this sound like I'm bashing either party because i know how people are...i live in TN where the word republican is shunned lol. Anyways goes like this:

We have a democrat in office, we have a great economy because democrats are all for the economy and pretty sucky on foreign policy. History has proved that over and over again. We get a democrat in office in order to better the economy. Yea we did have a great economy while Reagan was in office, and while Clinton was in office, because they were all for the economy. Not such a bad thing. However, when we vote a republican in office, our foreign policy changes. We're more pro-active in the military and foreign policy is enriched i reckon the word is. However, with ALL things there has to be a balance in order for us to get anywhere. How do you think America got started? Our founding fathers knew we had to have a balance between the economy and fighting. Like a board on a barrel. You got one of both ends, but if you stand in the middle and balance it...then things even out. However, we as americans have become so materialistic that we love a great economy, but the moment we're threatened it changes. I'm convinced that we're never going to have a president that everyone likes and that will do what the majority of America wants 100% of the time in office. Some don't understand this. maybe i'm just shooting off on a tangent, maybe I'm making sense, I don't know, but I do know this, Pride and self gain play a big part in american politics...how sad. Just a few thoughts...

Dominus Vobiscum,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the