Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The lesser of two evils? really....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The lesser of two evils? really....  (Read 6284 times)
digme
« on: October 17, 2006, 09:35:48 AM »

i don't know how to describe what i feel nowdays. i only come to this forum to see if anything has changed. last time i was here was about 4 months ago.
 here is a question that i struggle with? which one is better? republican regime- which is full of deceit and lies, or the total NON-GOD Democrat?  which is better to deal with a complete hypocrite or a complete atheist?
you be the judge after reading this: [l]http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1546580,00.html[/l]
YOu know actually both are bad...the solution lies in something a lot more demanding than we could ever imagine... i am sorry my friends... some of you here actually were banking after the 2004 elections that the savior party for our country was instituted at the right moment. I still say... i could care less who is in power...the solution for our country will never come from the Top .... there is nothing that will convince me of that... but some here need to re-dress their allegiance and views...they might have already, but if they have not, the artilce will at least raise eye brows...- Hopefully
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 10:20:49 AM »

Sounds like a disgruntled former aide that is only trying to make money on a book. It easy to write a book just for the purpose of making money, just pick a subject that is controversial and get it published.

While President Bush has not been the best President in regards to faith based initiatives he has done far more than many others have and considering the walls that he has had to overcome I would say that has been a lot.

I find it curious that some Christians come out of complete silence only when an election is coming up.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 12:15:01 PM »

Hello Digme, welcome back  Cheesy

While we cannot expect 1 man to solve all the world's problems, especially with all the evil, greed, lust for power and immorality in this world, we CAN and should vote for those who uphold Christian values. It is impossible for President Bush to solve ALL the problems of the world, as SO many Americans expected, BUT he does have moral Christian values.

The world will never have any of it's problems solved until the Lord Jesus comes back and wipes out all the evil that is now in the world. In the meantime those who do have some moral values and some dignity should vote for the persons that support our Christian foundation.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 01:03:28 PM »

Hello digme,

We're all still Christians, and we're smart enough to see through the smoke screen and most of the political baloney. It appears that we only hear from you near election times.

I'll speak simply for myself only. The number of democratic political operatives hitting here at election time is amazing, and they have convinced me to vote for anyone BUT a democrat in all races - local, state, and national. From there, I will look at the specific candidate's character and morals. Guilt by association only works when there is an immoral, stated platform for the entire party like the democratic party platform. Otherwise, the merits of each individual candidate stands alone.

Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 09:33:19 PM »

This article is pretty revealing.  This inside look is coming from the Deputy Director of the White House Office of Faith Based Initiatives, a Christian selected by the administration is coming out against them.  The way in which they misled us about money going towards these charities is important news coming from an insider.

However this news is also consistent with events over the past 6 years and should not be surprising.  The nation was misled about WMD, the connection between 9/11 and Iraq, the intent behind the Teri Schiavo political stunt, the cover-up of Congressman Foley's relations with pages, and countless others.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 09:37:33 PM »

Remember you are the one that said it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 09:43:59 PM »

Florida Catholic obviously you already voted Democrat last election and by the looks of it you intend to do it again

TSK TSK TSK ...... Shame on you

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 09:58:36 PM »

I'm sorry if I gave a different impression . . . I did vote for John Kerry in the last election (I was not fooled by the also false Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and other ways the Republicans misled so many).  I did fail to vote for Al Gore and I've strongly regretted that since the administration began talking about this insane war in Iraq.

I meant that saying as a reminder to others who were fooled during the past 6 years to at least think about their vote before casting it blindly.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 10:05:26 PM »

(I was not fooled by the also false Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and other ways the Republicans misled so many)

Yep, you were correct when you said "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

John Kerry is a traitor to this country and it was proved. If it hadn't been for Jimmy Carter he wouldn't be able to be in office right now.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 10:17:13 PM »

I'm looking to vote for the man he defends unborn babies from being tortured while they are still in the womb, BABIES that are up to 5 months, let me tell you something I had a child prematurely when I was less than 6 months pregnant and that was not a fetus that was a human being, a baby, he cried and felt pain just like you and I do, he fought very hard for his life for 4 days. That is the natural thing for humans to desire to live.....these babies don't have a voice, especially hen their very own mothers want to kill them and the politicians are saying that is ok.
Marriage marriage is between one man and one woman forever. PERIOD ...
God did not mention an alternative lifestyle. How can a person profess to be Christian and still support these things??
God told us how to teach our children and what to teach them, it's all in His Book, why if we Americans that pay taxes have to let our children go to school where they can't even bow their heads and close their eyes....
As for ALL Political situations, I am not counting on man to fix the problems I already know that God will defeat evil and destory all those that go against His Word.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 10:32:01 PM »

The attempted manipulation by political operatives is so sad that it's almost funny. It's like a side-show at the circus, and it's free.

BUT, it really isn't funny at all. We'll pray for those who murder their children, those who fall victim to alternative lifestyles, and those who otherwise suffer from the misery of their sins. We'll also pray for the people who promote this misery. There will be a time of accounting for all of them, and the CREATOR won't think it is funny either.

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 12:01:11 AM »

I'm looking to vote for the man he defends unborn babies from being tortured while they are still in the womb, BABIES that are up to 5 months, let me tell you something I had a child prematurely when I was less than 6 months pregnant and that was not a fetus that was a human being, a baby, he cried and felt pain just like you and I do, he fought very hard for his life for 4 days. That is the natural thing for humans to desire to live.....these babies don't have a voice, especially hen their very own mothers want to kill them and the politicians are saying that is ok.
Marriage marriage is between one man and one woman forever. PERIOD ...
God did not mention an alternative lifestyle. How can a person profess to be Christian and still support these things??
God told us how to teach our children and what to teach them, it's all in His Book, why if we Americans that pay taxes have to let our children go to school where they can't even bow their heads and close their eyes....
As for ALL Political situations, I am not counting on man to fix the problems I already know that God will defeat evil and destory all those that go against His Word.
Ahem! They had no-right to killed person, even worst helpless person don't even know Lord Jesus, yet.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 11:38:59 AM »

. what you don't even know is that I can not even vote, I am a legal resident but don't vote... I don't have any vested interest in any way or form of any party..

If you don't vote than you are giving up your rights, and you don't even have a say in anything. That includes the immoralities of same se marriage, murdering unnocent unborn babies, and even taking God out of our Country, but then again, that's your choice. Why even post in a political thread.

My only vested interest is in the saddness that Christ experiences because we are fools, swayed too and fro with wind...

Don't you think Jesus is saddened by all the atrocities that are being commited by some politicians?? It is in your power to do something, doing nothing is like being in favor of them.

You are either for Him or against Him, there is no inbetween.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 06:50:58 PM »

There are many people that believe that we, as Christians, should not participate in things of this world such as politics and the Military. They say that we should keep our eyes on a different kingdom and it is not an earthly kingdom.

While I agree that our most important things is to keep our eyes on Jesus and His Kingdom we must also realise that we are battling a war of good and evil. We are battling for the souls of many people. As with any war there are many fronts in which a war is fought. Many people are being led down the wrong path because of some of our government leaders. Laws being made to prevent Christians from putting out the good news, attempting to push us back into complete silence so that we cannot witness to others and lead them to Jesus Christ.

We have been given the priviledge to vote for our leaders by God. It is by His divine guidance that we can select these leaders. It is our responsibility as children of God to do our best to select those leaders that will support those principles that God has laid out for us in the Bible.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

It is my firm conviction that GOD gives us many opportunities in our lives to stand up for the things of the LORD. I've heard about the doctrines of some that basically say that Christians should simply shut up and sit down. Plainly, this is a false doctrine. First, we are not ashamed of the Gospel of the Grace of GOD, nor are we ashamed of the things of the LORD. Silence and sitting down many times amounts to "calling evil good". UM?, what would the Bible say about professing Christians who are ashamed of GOD, JESUS CHRIST, and the teachings of the Holy Bible? The Holy Bible uses the term "ashamed", but I would add the term "cowardly".

Brothers and Sisters, a Christian should become informed and VOTE. If they are physical incapable of getting to the polls, other voting methods are available. Contrary to what some churches tell their congregations, VOTING is NOT having the things of man as dominion over a Christian. Several portions of Scripture are grossly twisted in the doctrine that claims Christians can't or should not VOTE. Bluntly, this is false teaching. It is also false teaching to state that Christians can't hold public office. There are many FORCES OF EVIL that would love for Christians to stay home and not vote. Christians not voting amounts to letting the devil have his way without opposition.

There is and has been a battle between good and evil. Very BLUNTLY: if Christians are ashamed or scared to stand up for right and wrong and the things of the LORD, they disgrace the office that GOD has given us. Our Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRIST, died on the cross for us, and the least we can do is stand against wrong,  stand for right, and never be ashamed of the things of the LORD.

Christians

BECOME INFORMED

AND GO VOTE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 6:10-14 NASB  For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the