Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:20:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thought For Today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thought For Today  (Read 1292 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »

The only means to heaven is through Jesus Christ.

Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 07:16:11 PM »

Amen, and to add to that thought for today:

Revelation 22: 12.  "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
 13.  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
 14.  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."

Praise God,
ollie

Support your local Christian.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 12:44:53 PM »

Jesus is the way that leads us from where we are to where God is.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:47:23 PM »

We don't know the day that our lives will end nor the time that the Lord will return, so be prapred.

Mat 24:36  But of that day and hour no one knoweth: no, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:20:31 PM »

Ga 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

In due season we shall reap, if we faint not; that is, sooner or later, either in this world, or in the next, or in both, we shall certainly receive the reward of well-doing. We shall reap the blessing of God upon all we have, are, and do; we shall reap the benefit and blessings of their prayers, to whom we extend our charity; we shall reap the highest pleasure and satisfaction in our own minds of doing good, with which no sensual pleasure can be compare

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 11:29:17 AM »

The trials we face now will one day seem insignicant compared to what God was able to accomplish through them.

Rom 5:1  Being justified therefore by faith, let us have peace with God, through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2  By whom also we have access through faith into this grace wherein we stand: and glory in the hope of the glory of the sons of God.
Rom 5:3  And not only so: but we glory also in tribulation, knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4  And patience trial; and trial hope;
Rom 5:5  And hope confoundeth not: because the charity of God is poured forth in our hearts, by the Holy Ghost who is given to us.
Rom 5:6  For why did Christ, when as yet we were weak, according to the time, die for the ungodly?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 01:53:10 PM »

The greatest test of our faith is waiting upon the Lord.

Isa 40:31  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 04:51:34 PM »

Ps 25:21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

Ps 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 11:19:37 AM »

God will guide those who read His word.

Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 5:23  He shall die without instruction; and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray.

2Ti 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 03:12:35 PM »

Our faith is strengthened through stressful situations, even though they are painful.

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »

How prone we are to blame others for our failures.

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Phi 1:22  But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 02:35:33 PM »

Eternal treasures are resevered for those who forsake earthly pleasures to do the will of God.

Mat 6:19  Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 10:03:33 AM »

Faith is strengthened when trials are accepted with patience, knowing that tribulation works patience.

Rom 5:3  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 5:5  And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the