Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:21:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Repentance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Repentance  (Read 2740 times)
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2003, 08:54:28 PM »

To All,
Consequently, the first of charity is to look to the Lord and shun evils because they are sins. Every good that a man does to the neighbor for the sake of the neighbor, or for the sake of truth and good and for the reason that it is according to the Word, or for the sake of religion and thus for the sake of God, which is therefore from a spiritual love or affection, is called a good of charity, or a good work. So far as this is derived from the man it is not good, but so far as it is from the Lord through the man.

The Lord does good to everyone chiefly through others, but yet in such a manner that a man scarcely knows but that it is from himself.

He therefore frequently moves the wicked to do good to others; but it is from an affection of the love of self and the world.

This good, indeed, is of the Lord, or from the Lord; but the man is not rewarded for it. But if a man does good not from a merely natural, but from a spiritual love or affection, he is rewarded.

His reward is the heavenly delight of that love and affection, in that it endures to eternity; and this is in proportion as he does not do it from himself, that is, in proportion as he believes that all good is from the Lord, and does not place merit in it.

Harry

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2003, 09:04:07 PM »

Harry,

The natural man, cannot do spiritual good at all, unless he is first born of the spiritual incorruptible seed.

The Word of God.

Anyhow, how did you mean to tie this to your caption, of repentance??

Blessings,

Petro

AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 10:10:51 AM »

Harry,

The natural man, cannot do spiritual good at all, unless he is first born of the spiritual incorruptible seed.

The Word of God.

Anyhow, how did you mean to tie this to your caption, of repentance??

Blessings,

Petro

Petro,
This means no one can do good works until they repent first.
Doing good works without doing repentance first is done from self and not from the Lord.

The person must look to the Lord and shun evil, because they are sins. This must be done before good works can be done.

Harry
OkHarry1@Juno.com
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 10:25:01 AM by AngelicMan » Logged
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 04:25:17 AM »

Is there a question  Huh

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 09:50:04 AM »

Is there a question  Huh

I'm not sure what you mean. You want me to know if I am asking a question? I read my main post, the one I started this topic with and it has no questions, but I am willing read  different church's belief in repentance.

These Christian forums were set up so the person may asks questions about the forums church's doctrine. They don't want people coming here and telling them what to believe.

It's up to people here if they want to believe or not. only the Lord converts.

Jesus commanded His disciples to go and preach repentance. He didn't say to stay in one room and led the people come to you. He saided go to the people, the Jews and preach. That's why I coming here.

If I created my own church forum, will you go to it? Your dam right you won't.

I asked a Catholic one time if believe your catechism were true than why don't you go the Protestant forums and teach.

I post Swedenborg on Catholic forums and Protestant forums. Like I mention above, only the Lord converts,not me.

The Lord knows who is going to believe what I post here. Not every Protestant is against good works, repentance and charity.

There are many Protestants who are against doing evil because it is against the Lord, but there are many who believe that the Lord pays no attention to their behavior, and that they will go to heaven no matter what they are,angel or devil. As James wrote,"The devil believes also.

As the body without the spirit is dead, so is Faith without good works is dead also, written by James.

Harry[/b]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 09:58:19 AM by AngelicMan » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the