Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:30:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  why do you think the self sacrifice of jesus is important today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: why do you think the self sacrifice of jesus is important today  (Read 864 times)
Luke_westwood12

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2004, 07:36:37 AM »

why do you think the self sacrifice of jesus is important today please tell me your views
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 10:14:58 AM »

I see the incarnation, death and resurrection of Christ is the middle of history. In other words, the world got worse and worse from the fall to the time of Christ, just look at life spans, the descriptions of inferior Kingdoms in Daniel, etc.. and with the Passion and Glorification of Christ, the trend is reversed and we are slowly working back to the garden of Eden.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 10:24:57 AM »

why do you think the self sacrifice of jesus is important today please tell me your views

It was and still is important that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, because if He didn't then we would either all be giving burnt offerings or we would all end up in hell.   It is because of Jesus that all that except Him might live.  We can not save ourselves.  If you accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior then you are accepting that he took your place and paid the price for your sins.  His death is important because without Him we would be paying for our own sins.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
LennyToo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 03:47:10 AM »

I believe that the pattern of self sacrifice ,demonstrated and recorded for our benefit, are ageless as God knew the hearts of men, and that by nature we are self-serving. The examples of sacrifice as exactly that: examples to live by. While few of us will ever be required to fast for forty days...I scare says hardly any of us will by choice...even if compelled by the Holy Spirit. Why, because we don't want to deny ourselves pleasure. None of us will ever be required to become sin, nor bear a cross up the hill to our deaths; most of us won't even carry a meal to the shut-in down the street. We feel "entitled" to the unlimited hours that we spend watching TV, going shopping, to sport events, etc; afterall, we work hard and we "earn" our pleasure time.
Very few, however not all, face no threat of death for sharing the gospel of Christ with others, but because we allow fear of rejection to overtake our hearts, we disobey the word, and the spirit and do not speak of Christ outside our save "Christian" circle.
Oh, how sad...what if Christ, when found by the roman soldiers there in the garden, had said, Jesus of Nazareth? No, he isn't here. He just left....or words to that effect.
See, we often overlook the fact that Christ, as us, had freewill, but CHOSE the will of God first.
Self-sacrifice: the art of placing everyone else's needs, wants, concerns before those of our own. Good Mom's and Dad's know about this principle. I'm working on the part of not feeling bitter that it is never my turn...it's a middle-age thing, but I know God will supply me the grace to get through this phase in life.
May the Lord bless us with an undying desire to SERVE!!!!!
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 10:21:06 PM »

I believe that the pattern of self sacrifice ,demonstrated and recorded for our benefit, are ageless as God knew the hearts of men, and that by nature we are self-serving. The examples of sacrifice as exactly that: examples to live by

Yes, LennyToo, thank you; we must love the Lord enough, and others enough, to want to sacrifice ourselves.

Like David and Goliath.  Do you notice it says there that David runs to meet Goliath?

that's how we must be, in our love for the Lord, and in our love for others...

In Jesus' Name...
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 10:26:46 PM »

I believe that the pattern of self sacrifice ,demonstrated and recorded for our benefit, are ageless as God knew the hearts of men, and that by nature we are self-serving. The examples of sacrifice as exactly that: examples to live by

Yes, LennyToo, thank you; we must love the Lord enough, and others enough, to want to sacrifice ourselves.

Like David and Goliath.  Do you notice it says there that David runs to meet Goliath?

that's how we must be, in our love for the Lord, and in our love for others...

In Jesus' Name...
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 03:11:41 PM »

For all have sinned and come short of God's glory and through Him we are saved from sin and the consequences of the same. Which is the wrath of God on those found in sin outside of Jesus Christ. We are redeemed to God and His glory.

It was not a self sacrifice , but for all.

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the