Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:16:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Will Christ return in our lifetime?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you think Christ will return in out lifetime?
Yes. - 10 (83.3%)
No. - 2 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Christ return in our lifetime?  (Read 2337 times)
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2003, 11:50:09 PM »

No one knows the time or the date, but just out of pure speculation, do you think He'll return in our lifetime?

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 02:41:16 PM »

lol, you forgot an one, Yes, No, and Don't care!  Grin

Seriously though, Death isn't the end, is it. The way I see it, we will be around for it either way! I mean, being in Earth, we think of Earth as the proverbial “center of the Universe” But really, Heaven is the hub of activity in the Universe! We will we be their when Christ come back, my friend, you don’t need ot worry about it! lol Wink

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 09:39:51 PM »

Yes! That's very true; I hadn't thought about it that way before. I wonder if we all live in one gigantic palace or if we have separate dwellings in heaven. After we all meet the Lord, are there going to be huge line-ups to meet Luther and Spurgeon and Brooks? I doubt it; we'll all be thrilled just to meet the Lord. Smiley

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2003, 02:42:29 AM »

I know. And the questions we will have… Heaven will not get boring fast. I still hope we do play sports. I know, I know, but God is the creator of all, and with so many humans having a desire to play sports, I wouldn’t be surpirsed if he has sports.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 11:03:20 AM »

Yes, definitely! I'm sure there will be sports! I think God will want us to have all the enjoyments we have here, only better. No fatigue! No getting the bonks from dehydration! Now *that* will make for some spectacular scores. I want to climb mountains. I bet the views there will be spectacular, and I don't suppose I'd need ropes, because there's no pain and presumably no falling, since we'd be in transfigured bodies. Well, I'm not sure how the rope part is going to work out. But God said He's making a new heaven and a new earth. So really, I think it's going to be exactly as it is now, except that it will be completely incorruptable. We'll have jobs, but we'll never have a horrible boss. Never cash flow problems. Just the sheer joy of serving our God, as a family.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 07:42:31 PM »

Um, Whitehorse, depends on what you mean by "our lifetime".

If you're 95, maybe He better be coming here pretty quick!

I don't see how He can fail, though, soon.  B/c of "world" events:  everything is "world", or "global" --world travel, world communications, world finances, world politics, world conservation, even world "religion" and "world" distruction.  We mustn't forget, atomic weapons were used already 60 years ago now.  And our capabilities with it and such similar technologies has only increase.

And, "money" and the idea of "assets" are gradually moving to the intangible, from the tangible.  From tangible currency, gold and coin, to intangible plastic, accounts, memory.  It was announced by the U.S. Treasury, your basic, garden variety of U.S. Savings Bonds, will soon be availble only with an Internet account--no paper bonds will be issued after 1994.

Yet, people's "i.d." will be tied to their accounts.

This will be the first time in the history of mankind, that people will be joined with their money.  always in times past, money was not "joined" to the person.  It was something tangible, separate from one's being.

Now, gradually, we are being "identified" with what is in our wallet.  "Where a man's treasure is, there will his heart be also".  Once that union is complete, all you have to do is crack the whip, threaten his accounts, and you can get him to do anything you want him to do.  People will be "owned" by the system.

And, these technologies are being implemented at I think a very fast rate.  And I think people are generally welcoming them.

Plus the wholesale immorality.  A new sitcom on the Bravo cable channel(?) this summer will be featuring a regular gay couple?  Etc., etc., etc.

What do you think?

ollie
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2003, 07:27:58 AM »

Um, Whitehorse, depends on what you mean by "our lifetime".

If you're 95, maybe He better be coming here pretty quick!

I don't see how He can fail, though, soon.  B/c of "world" events:  everything is "world", or "global" --world travel, world communications, world finances, world politics, world conservation, even world "religion" and "world" distruction.  We mustn't forget, atomic weapons were used already 60 years ago now.  And our capabilities with it and such similar technologies has only increase.

And, "money" and the idea of "assets" are gradually moving to the intangible, from the tangible.  From tangible currency, gold and coin, to intangible plastic, accounts, memory.  It was announced by the U.S. Treasury, your basic, garden variety of U.S. Savings Bonds, will soon be availble only with an Internet account--no paper bonds will be issued after 1994.

Yet, people's "i.d." will be tied to their accounts.

This will be the first time in the history of mankind, that people will be joined with their money.  always in times past, money was not "joined" to the person.  It was something tangible, separate from one's being.

Now, gradually, we are being "identified" with what is in our wallet.  "Where a man's treasure is, there will his heart be also".  Once that union is complete, all you have to do is crack the whip, threaten his accounts, and you can get him to do anything you want him to do.  People will be "owned" by the system.

And, these technologies are being implemented at I think a very fast rate.  And I think people are generally welcoming them.

Plus the wholesale immorality.  A new sitcom on the Bravo cable channel(?) this summer will be featuring a regular gay couple?  Etc., etc., etc.

What do you think?

The spirit of anti Christ is prevalent everywhere one turns in the world. Hasn't it always been?
However God is longsuffering toward man and His sin. He would have all to be saved. He will not come as long as there is one yet to come to Christ. And He knows.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2003, 12:09:46 AM »

Symphony, yes, It is getting kind of scary with the tech and smartcards...I'm not liking that at all!

Ollie, Amen. God will bring the full number into His fold. I love that in Him.

Photogrunt

I am an Army of One for The One!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2003, 08:46:16 AM »

I can't answer the quiz above, because that would suggest in my mind that I have inside info on His return...which I don't.

I would love to see His return with my own eyes, but if I am to be called back after my natural death, then Praise God for that privilage too.  

Either way, I'm going home!!!! Praise God!!!

...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15b)

I support our troops!
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2003, 05:47:07 PM »

No one has inside info. It's just fun to speculate. I agree with you about going home. It's going to be just amazing. Every day I'm alive, my thoughts are more about eternal things and less about the temporal. Amen!!!!

TheComforter

Love, Hugs, and a Spoonfull of Spirit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2003, 09:10:42 PM »

Fun Indeed!

A thing of beauty.

One thing:

If there is a time frame laid out in scripture, wouldn't you want to see it?

Have you?

Is it one of those (trust me) or (ignore that part) tales conjured, or plain as the nose on my face?

(I believe this is within the threads original topic)

Peace.

Ancient and Honourable, John West.
Bozz

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2003, 11:15:59 PM »

i think that our Lord and Saviour is coming in our lifetime. im 18 and i believe that if i live 2 a ripe old age i will see his return. as u said and as it is written that no one knows the time, but as far as im concerned all of the things that r supposed 2 happen have or r about 2. still it could be 100 years. as Tibby said, " well be around 4 it either way." either way well see our Lord Jesus, and what a wonderful day that will be!!!!

LOTS OF LOVE FROM YOUR BROTHER IN CHRIST,
Bryan aka: Bozz
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2003, 12:28:29 AM »

That's exactly how I feel about it, too. It's nothing like anything we've ever seen before, and it's going to be spectacular. Sometimes it seems so far into the future that I hadn't really done any serious meditation on it until a couple of years ago. That will be most spectacular.

John the Baptist
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2003, 07:32:43 AM »

Yes! That's very true; I hadn't thought about it that way before. I wonder if we all live in one gigantic palace or if we have separate dwellings in heaven. After we all meet the Lord, are there going to be huge line-ups to meet Luther and Spurgeon and Brooks? I doubt it; we'll all be thrilled just to meet the Lord. Smiley

John here:
The Worship center Rev. states will need no sun. The GodHead will be brighter than this. 'The light of it'. (New Jerusalem)

Then we see in Isa. 66 that we will build houses & plant vineyards. (most likely we will hit the right nail  Smiley?) But it is clear that we will live in country homes if we desire. (not like Lot, but like Abramham?) We from earth might mostly be active doing the Masters biddings of travel perhaps, to other world's' telling of our wittness?? And the talent of music in songs of praise? (not mine! Cry)

It might not be much exercise if one only had to just have the faith part of the work do it? Kind of like I used to wonder about years ago of floating around on a cloud, and strumming a harp Huh.

Also from one 7th day Sabbath to another we will Worship the Lord. And we are told that there will be a [new heaven & a new earth], (weekly cycle) so it sounds like we will be doing things with our talents? See Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15. Only *Na. 1:9 states that.. "He will make an UTTER END, AFFLICTION WILL NOT ARISE THE *SECOND TIME." Try Obadia 16 for the past rebellion.

Kind of sounds like these ones all will be 'tested' safe to save, huh? See Gen. 2:16-17 & Ex. 16:4 with Rev. 13:14-17 (again check the Eccl. chapter's & verses.)

And surely we will want to embrace our Master. Smiley Our family, and meet our guardian angel. wow! what a story he could tell, huh?

--John

« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 07:44:05 AM by John the Baptist » Logged
Corpus
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2003, 04:46:13 PM »

Yes

...I mean NO!

err...maybe?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 04:46:57 PM by Corpus » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the