Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:12:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Whats wrong with this picture?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with this picture?  (Read 10660 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2005, 04:40:54 PM »

What's wrong with this picture?

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.  

This incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately."

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Heck with the ACLU." GOD Bless Our Warriors, Send the ACLU to France.

Please send this to people you know so everyone will know how stupid the ACLU is Getting in trying to remove GOD from everything and every place in America.
May God Bless America, One Nation Under GOD!

So..What's wrong with the picture?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 05:04:39 PM »

Sorry, DW, but this is a hoax.  Simply someone defaming the ACLU.  As much as I want to see the ACLU defamed - I want them defamed with Truth.  

However the picture itself is no hoax – and it makes me proud to see these young warriors in prayer – each and every head bowed.  Praise God for our troops and God bless them!

JudgeNot

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:38:34 PM »

I would not doubt that such events really torque the ACLU but as of yet they have not made a public statement against them. That bit of info was started by an overly zealous antagonist of the ACLU.

If that picture gets to them then I hape they see these also. Grin Grin

A group of Marines praying over a fallen comrade:

A Marine praying for friends:

Worship service in Iraq:

(oops .... might help to use the img function instead of the quote function ..... blame it on the meds)
       Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 10:32:14 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 10:16:08 PM »

Dreamweaver,

I love that picture. It makes me feel good and proud to see some of the finest and toughest people on the planet bow before God and pray. I pray that God will watch over them every second.

Bob and Roger, thanks for some beautiful pictures for my collection.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 111:7-8 NASB  The works of His hands are truth and justice; All His precepts are sure.  They are upheld forever and ever; They are performed in truth and uprightness.

Simonline

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 12:50:01 PM »

What's wrong with this picture?

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.  

This incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately."

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Heck with the ACLU." GOD Bless Our Warriors, Send the ACLU to France.

Please send this to people you know so everyone will know how stupid the ACLU is Getting in trying to remove GOD from everything and every place in America.
May God Bless America, One Nation Under GOD!

So..What's wrong with the picture?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !

Actually, as a Christian, I beg to differ. The ACLU are correct on this point. As a nation who's constitution prohibits the amalgamation of 'Church and State' (in order to prevent the religious abuses that have taken place in the 'old' (my) world when 'Church and State' have been merged into 'Christendom' (swat up on your Church history guys)) the State must not only be religiously neutral it must also be seen to be religiously neutral as well.

That means the State must not engage in either encouraging or disparaging any faith (including Christianity) but must uphold the right of every American citizen to practise their own faith in accordance with the requirements of that faith and their own conscience. Only if, in the exercise of that faith, an individual or group of individuals belonging to that faith (whichever one it may be) commit a criminal offence as a result of practising their faith (such as 'human sacrifice' for example) should the State intervene and only to prosecute those responsible for the carrying out the criminal offense.

No State employee, in their capacity as a State employee (i.e. 'whilst on duty') should ever participate in a public act of faith. Only as a private citizen (i.e. 'off duty') can that person ['employee'] publicly practise their faith or engage in any public act of faith (and the State must always uphold their right as a private citizen to do that).

In situations where representatives of the State are required to be present at public acts of faith they should be there respectfully as passive 'neutral observers', but not 'active participants' since they are there in their capcity as representatives of the State who, according to the United States' constitution, MUST at all times be religiously neutral and impartial with respect to ALL faiths.  

In the case of the military, etc. (who are 'officially' 'on duty' 24/7 when not on leave), provision should be made to allow military personnel 'space' to engage in corporate acts of faith as 'private citizens' as military operations allow [Of course, such personnel, like those of the emergency services, are exempt from strict 'Sabbath observance' whilst they are 'on duty'].

That should start quite a debate...?

Simonline.  
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 01:02:50 PM by Simonline » Logged
TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 01:17:31 PM »

My question is, why would a Christian LIE about the ACLU? Someone made this picture and email, and they knew they were lying.

Secondly, why are some Christians so rabidly anti-ACLU? Sure, they protect the rights and civil liberties of people I don't agree with. They protect everyone's civil rights. They're civil rights, not special rights.

The ACLU intervened on behalf of a Baptist minister who was unconstitutionally denied a permit to conduct baptisms at a lake operated by the Department of Natural Resources. The DNU said he couldn't conduct baptisms there, and the ACLU filed suit.

http://www.gladwinmi.com/placed/story/07-17-2002aclu.html

http://www.aclu.org/FreeSpeech/FreeSpeech.cfm?ID=8208&c=86

The ACLU has defended an evangelical minister's right to preach on the sidewalk and Massachusetts prisoners' freedom to have religious items in their cells.
http://www.aclu.org/ReligiousLiberty/ReligiousLiberty.cfm?ID=17598&c=38

The American Civil Liberties Union of Florida has formed an advisory committee of faith leaders to address church-state issues. Rev. James Summers of Northwest Baptist Church said ''Ninety percent of what we're told about the ACLU isn't true, but we want to believe it because we have to have an enemy''

Recent ACLU involvement in religious liberty cases include:

December 22, 2004: ACLU of New Jersey successfully defends right of religious expression by jurors.

November 20, 2004: ACLU of Nevada supports free speech rights of evangelists to preach on the sidewalks of the strip in Las Vegas.

November 9, 2004: ACLU of Nevada defends a Mormon student who was suspended after wearing a T-shirt with a religious message to school.

August 11, 2004: ACLU of Nebraska defends church facing eviction by the city of Lincoln.

July 10, 2004: Indiana Civil Liberties Union defends the rights of a Baptist minister to preach his message on public streets.

June 9, 2004: ACLU of Nebraska files a lawsuit on behalf of a Muslim woman barred from a public pool because she refused to wear a swimsuit.

June 3, 2004: Under pressure from the ACLU of Virginia, officials agree not to prohibit baptisms on public property in Falmouth Waterside Park in Stafford County.

May 11, 2004: After ACLU of Michigan intervened on behalf of a Christian Valedictorian, a public high school agrees to stop censoring religious yearbook entries.

March 25, 2004: ACLU of Washington defends an Evangelical minister's right to preach on sidewalks.

February 21, 2003: ACLU of Massachusetts defends students punished for distributing candy canes with religious messages.

October 28, 2002: ACLU of Pennsylvania files discrimination lawsuit over denial of zoning permit for African American Baptist church.

July 11, 2002: ACLU supports right of Iowa students to distribute Christian literature at school.

April 17, 2002: In a victory for the Rev. Jerry Falwell and the ACLU of Virginia, a federal judge strikes down a provision of the Virginia Constitution that bans religious organizations from incorporating.

January 18, 2002: ACLU defends Christian church's right to run “anti-Santa” ads in Boston subways.

Good thing the ACLU defends everyone's rights, because “The Rights of All Must Be Secured or the Rights of None Will Be Secure”

Hating the ALCU because they defend the rights of those we disagree with is amazingly asinine.

Isaiah 45:19
Romans 2:8
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 01:28:28 PM »

I see that this is your first post here. Welcome to Christians Unite.

I can also see that you have not been in the Military to understand how such services are conducted. No one is forced or even persuaded to join into any sort of worship service. All beliefs are accepted and all individuals are given the opportunity to practice their beliefs within the confines of the law. Even those that may have the duty on the day of their worship are afforded the time to their worship service if at all possible.

Just because a person is in uniform does not mean that they have no rights to their own beliefs and worship. Although Christians are the majority I have also worked along side Jews, Buddhists, JW's, Satanists and many more. Each was afforded their own time to worship as they would or not to any worship at all if that was their choice. It has been this way for many, many years.

Sometimes there would be some prejudicial treatment in this area but it was the exception not the rule.

To change this by preventing it would then be the government controlling religious rights. Taking religious freedom away from them instead of protecting the right to religious freedom.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 01:30:23 PM »

Whoa! A liberal invasion!   Grin

I suggest some actual research into the ACLU's history before defending the indefensible.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 01:31:35 PM »

Pastor Roger:

Was your reply to me?

If so, thanks for the Welcome, it is much appreciated.

However, the rest of your post seems to be addressing something else other than my post - would you please clarify to whom the rest of your post was addressed?

thanks -

TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 01:37:20 PM »

Whoa! A liberal invasion!   Grin

I suggest some actual research into the ACLU's history before defending the indefensible.

I am not attempting to defend the indefensible. I already said they defend the civil rights of some with whom I disagree. They defend the rights of some whom I find reprehensible, actually. That doesn't change the fact that their mission is to defend the civil rights of all. All means "all" as in, not "some", not just the "good guys" but also the "bad guys".

I don't confuse the ACLU with the people they represent.

Do you?

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 01:39:27 PM »

"You are what you eat."

JPD
TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 01:46:18 PM »

"You are what you eat."

Was this to me? Please explain. This sentence is not germaine at all as far as I can tell. Perhaps you had some meaning I am missing.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 01:53:28 PM »

Pastor Roger:

Was your reply to me?

If so, thanks for the Welcome, it is much appreciated.

However, the rest of your post seems to be addressing something else other than my post - would you please clarify to whom the rest of your post was addressed?

thanks -

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post when I first posted. My post was meant for Simonline.

While you have a right to your opinion on the ACLU I suggest that you be careful how far you go to support them.  Antagonistic statements against other people here will not be tolerated. Please keep your disagreements friendly.

The ACLU is more than an organization that defends civil rights. It is an organization that has set out to destroy the main fabric of the Constitution and wants the U.S. to be communistic.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 01:58:05 PM »

"You are what you eat."

Was this to me? Please explain. This sentence is not germaine at all as far as I can tell. Perhaps you had some meaning I am missing.

I was just trying to make a point (purhaps not very clearly - sorry!) that a 'good' among many 'wrongs' does not make a right.  

Kind of like taking communion before robbing a bank...  Grin

God bless,
JN

JPD
TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 01:59:02 PM »

Pastor Roger,

Thanks for the clarification, I was confused when I read your post!

Unfortunately, I am again confused - In what way has the ACLU shown that it wants to destroy the Constitution, or support Communism? I would appreciate any links or facts you could provide. I prefer to be corrected, always, rather than adhere to an opinion once it has been shown to be wrong.

thanks again! and especially because you are answering one of my two questions in my post. I asked "why" and have gotten kindof blasted... so getting a "why" answer is really nice!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the