Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:46:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What Our Soldiers Are Doing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Our Soldiers Are Doing  (Read 916 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2005, 09:54:01 PM »

Since there is so much negative publicity about our Soldiers in Iraq I thought it would be good to see the other side. It is difficult getting such news and pictures from the media as they want to report on the negative side of things.

This first one is not about the news article but rather the picture next to it.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15185515-2,00.html

http://www.strangemilitary.com/content/item/101256.html

http://www.operationiraqichildren.org/stories.asp

http://www.gtrnews.com/greater-tulsa-reporter/15/good-news-from-iraq-keeps-morale-high-for-us-troops

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 08:27:16 AM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

We "meet" again.  I'm the newbie you sent a short message to recently regarding the book by Lt Carey Cash, "A Table in the Presence."

As I have browsed christiansunite, I have been looking for discussion about the Iraqi situation because I am very interested in seeing God have His purposes accomplished in that country.  Obviously, I found your posting containing the four websites.  I just visited all the sites.  Thank you for posting them.  

Now that I see your interest in the Iraqi situation, I want you to know that from the beginning of the conflict, I have felt God move in me to pray for the situation over there.  At this time, I am at a critical mass, so to speak, because I have prayed virtually alone for so long and I am hungry to find other Christians with whom I can pray and converse with.  Are there other Christians, united in prayer, who are praying for our troops and for the Iraqi people?

Finally, will you share with me more of your connection to the efforts in that country?  Perhaps your ministry is just the people and place I have been looking for.  I hope so!

Thank you so much!  I look forward to hearing from you!
selahjoy
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 10:23:11 AM »

My connection to the efforts in Iraq?

I served in the U.S Navy for a little over 20 yrs. I served in both Viet Nam and Desert Storm. Since my retirement from the Navy I have ministered to Veterans, as well as those still active duty, through the internet. My work also takes me to many Veterans that are experiencing difficulties when they get back home. My major concern is the Lord's work with and through these people and those that they have contact with.

There are many here on CU that are praying for our Troops and the Iraqi people. There are some here that have or had family members that served very recently in Iraq.

There are many people throughout the world that I have met on various forums that are also praying for people and working with them, but not just in Iraq but all over the world in some areas where our troops are and some where they are not (Afghanistan, China, Viet Nam ...... )

God definitely has His hands in the situation in Iraq and as is normal it is not seen through the media.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 10:42:35 AM »

Pastor Roger,

Brother, I must give you a heart-felt thanks. I give thanks there are many people like you who care deeply about our men and women who keep us safe and preserve our freedom for future generations. This world and our country would be a horrible place without the generations of service beyond the call of duty. I must add that only a tiny number have ever done anything to dishonor the uniform or violate their oath.

If you can't tell, I'm proud of our Armed Services. I'm also an extremely proud Navy dad.

Brother, I give thanks and pray for them every day, not just on Memorial Day. I also pray for you and people like you who are ministering to our finest men and women.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 11:33:39 AM »

Pastor Roger,

Thank you and blackeyedpeas too, for both of you recently  replying.  Also, you probably already know this, but I wrote in the Politics section and just sent a lengthy post with lots of my thoughts.  I hope you go there, read it, and reply...

I am so happy to know there are others "out there."  My son just got home in February and he introduced me via email to others in Iraq.  So, my daily email communication keeps me abreast of reasons to pray.  I receive these relationships and contacts because they are hearts and lives to minister to.  Also, my vocation intersects with vets (Two units recently arrived home.) as I assist people in education, career, and job transitions.  I too look at my work as ministry.

Thank you for connecting with me.  To-date, I have had very little contact with Christians who share my heart for the military-Iraqi concerns (Yes, I acknowledge and appreciate other ministry needs, and other countries need prayer too, but since my contacts are in Iraq and their needs are imminent, my questions are for them.)

selahjoy*
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 11:35:21 AM »

I in turn thank all that support our Troops, Veterans and their families.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the