Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:01:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Will Christ return in our lifetime?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you think Christ will return in out lifetime?
Yes. - 10 (83.3%)
No. - 2 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Christ return in our lifetime?  (Read 2334 times)
John the Baptist
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2003, 07:53:05 PM »

Hi, John here:
The word in Matt. 24:14 tells all when Christ will come! Only the wittness part is essential. The opportunity of eternal life.

I mentioned this verse a while back & wondered if any would catch my word of it happening the SECOND time? If any did, they must have thought that I just could not add, huh? Smiley

Or perhaps it was not seen, just read over like we often do?
Anyway, the remark still stands. That when the Gospel goes into all of the world for a witness, then the Lord shall come!
After its [second] fulfillment!

---John
asaph
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2003, 03:42:19 AM »

Don't know? But I do know I will see Him at the resurrection at the last day. For now, He has come as the Holy Spirit indwelling His Church.

Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. [this refers to His coming as the comforter; the place He prepares is a place in His Body, one with the Father.]
Joh 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. [Bold emphasis Mine]

Jesus came as the "life giving" Spirit at his resurrection to be one with us; He is our Comforter.
1Co 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
2Co 3:17  Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
1Co 6:17  But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Joh 14:20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

What a comfort He is!

asaph
archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 01:04:08 AM »

No one has inside info. It's just fun to speculate. I agree with you about going home. It's going to be just amazing. Every day I'm alive, my thoughts are more about eternal things and less about the temporal. Amen!!!!
I know what you mean WH sometimes I feel as if I am already living on another plane because my focus has moved upward to such a degree that I am greedy to know everything about God and the life to come and care less and less about the things that used to get so much of my attention in this world.

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2004, 02:09:53 AM »

I believe in my heart Jesus Christ, will return in my life time. Here are a few reasons, (12 of them) Smiley I believe his return will be soon. Grin
1.) The tremendous rise of false teachers and false “cults” or “religions.”  There never has been such a proliferation of kinds of wrong religions, as well as an astronomically rapid increase in the millions of people who blindly follow false teaching!  I don’t even have to name them.  You know them by name!  Matthew 24: 4-5 mentions this.

2.) The rise of worldwide warfare on a scale we have not seen for some time.  Since the war against terrorism started, other “hot spots” are beginning to heat up again, worldwide.  Matthew 24:6-7

3.) A great increase in “natural calamities.”  Matthew 24:7 speaks of famines, pestilences and earthquakes.  Famine is worsening in many areas.  Biological warfare accentuates disease, so called “pestilence.”  Scientists declare earthquakes continually increase.

4.) Worldwide persecution of believers.  Matthew 24:9-10  Religious and civil freedom is a “joke“ in many countries.  Persecution and martyrdom of Christians remains largely undocumented by the secular media today!

5.) The rise of evil.  Matthew 24:12

6.) The “cooling off” of believers who were once on fire!  (Matthew 24:12)

7.) The worldwide preaching of the gospel as never before.  Matthew 24:14

8.) A great danger of the annihilation of the entire human race, unless God intervenes!  Matthew 24:22

9.) God is pouring out His Spirit on all flesh!  Especially since 1995, there has been a powerful worldwide move of the Spirit, to prepare and mature believers.

10.) God said, “Your sons and daughters shall prophesy.”  Joel 2  there is a powerful new move among the youth in America to find a new cause to give their lives to.  They are becoming radically reckless and militant for Jesus Christ!!!  Never in my lifetime have I seen such zeal to serve Christ among the youth.

11.) Revelation knowledge is flooding the earth as the Bible predicted!  I have never seen such an outpouring of divine knowledge and wisdom and revelation as is happening right now.  Truly God wants us to grow up unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ!

12.) God is whispering softly – in the depths of my spirit, (and millions of others also) that Jesus is coming soon!!!  We are not of the night, but of the “DAY,” Thessalonians declares.  Let us occupy, be busy, and let our light shine.  Give out the Word, lift Jesus higher.  The trumpet will sound soon; The Church will leave and go home to Jesus John 14:1-4.

Also see this thread for more detail.
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=4248
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 02:11:33 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the