Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:19:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dealing with family persecution
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dealing with family persecution  (Read 4534 times)
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2003, 07:21:26 PM »

Anyone have any tips for how to handle this situation? Thanks.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 07:46:21 PM »

Can you be more specific? It might be helpful to know exactly what they are persecuting you for. What do they believe, how does that differ from your beliefs?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »

You'll have to learn to treat your family as you would your friends.

Or vice versa, you'll have to learn to treat your friends, as you would your family.

That is, if you're walking with Jesus Christ.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 11:50:57 PM »

Tibby, I'm concerend about a family member who has been working overtime to destroy the work God has called me to do. I trust God entirely, and I know He will be faithful to accomplish His plans, but this individual has done me a great deal of harm and tries to destroy any spiritual seed that I'm planting.  I'm concerned about the souls this person is harming, and the soul of the person who is doing the damage. I know God isn't going to tolerate it much longer, and He's been with me. But It's difficult to see the person behind the facade in ways I never did before God blessed this labor He created. It's sad.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 10:34:27 AM »

Man, sounds rough. Sounds interesting as well, I’d be interested in knowing more, if you are willing to speak.

I’d advise prayer. Lots of prayer. We will all pray for you as well. And show him the love of God though you. Don’t lose your temper, control your anger. A gentle answer turns away wrath. Kindly ask him to stop once, but not argue with him or debate or beg. Stand tall, with your arms across your chest when you ask. Your voice and word should say “Please, I good friend” but your body should say “STOP NOW!” You want to look loving, but you need to speak with authority at the same time.

Wren

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 10:58:56 AM »

I have observed in the past that a persons faith can be unsettling to others, they tend to get defensive about it, lash out ect. Perhaps this person is actually a test of your faith Strength untested is only theory.
 I have a young nephew who has no father figure in his life. I, and others in the family try to help fill in that role and help guide this young man. However, his grandfather drives him to and from school every day. He is an exceedingly ignorant man, none too bright. Virtually every day this kid hears his grandfather go on about how he hates niggers, fags, degos, the whole disgusting bit. It is SO difficult to see someone work to unravel what others have tried to acomplish with this young man. You must be not only strong and steadfast, but resilient as well. Do not sink to their level, great as the temptation may me. You are in my prayers, and, hopefully, I in yours.

...old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.....
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 06:52:09 PM »

Thanks, guys. I'm praying for you, too. You know, it's just so surreal. I think that's exacly what's been happening, about the faith being unsettling. So this individual uses very subtle deceit to dismantle the work. When I first received the position, this person belittled it to a bunch of friends, mocked it, called the work "little," laughed at it, but God blessed it (of course, because it's His) and now the person is trying to take control of the project, even though she isn't even involved in it. She's even taken ownership of my box in the office, (by this I mean she's professed it to be hers) even though she has absolutely nothing to do with the ministry!! Wierd. Her claim is that she's been trying to solicit help from congregation members for me. Actually, she's trying to take it from me, or get people to turn against me if that doesn't work. When it didn't work, the person went into some group meetings and made some false, accusatory statements about me, because I wasn't there to give the truth. People in leadership know it isn't true, but they don't deal with her either because they're afraid of her. So they give the truth but allow her to remain and she continues with her evil work.  Cry

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 06:12:29 PM »

No problem. I'm just sorry we can't be for more help.
It sounds bad. All you can do is stand up to her, and pray. NOTHING will be solved without prayer. Not just a little but, but NOTHING will be answered. Pray for Gods will, pray for her, pray for yourself. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we will all do the same for you.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 07:54:11 PM »

Thank you. God's blessings to you, and you're in my prayers, too.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 11:00:03 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

I agree 100% that prayer is needed on this matter.

I sometimes tend to be a bull in the china closet, so you might take some of what I say with a grain of salt. I might think there would come a time for a NICE confrontation with her. Tell her you have been praying about the matter and want to know why she is doing destructive things to your work. When I say "NICE", I'm talking about calm, quiet, and prayer for guidance to say the right things and do the right things. There may also come a time for a meeting with those in leadership with the same NICE and calm manner.

Alot depends on how destructive she is being to God's work. If she is being openly disruptive to services, that would be quite another matter. This would be covered by law here, and many other matters related to church services are also covered by law. I'm not saying to rush out and have her arrested, but you might want to check the law in your area. There would be circumstances where it would be Biblical to openly admonish her.

I'll put the bull back in the pen and say one more thing. Do all in prayer and kindness if that's possible.

In Christ.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 11:44:54 PM »

Tibby, you've actually been a lot of help, just knowing someone is praying for me and giving very good advice. Thank you.

Blackeyedpeas, thank you for your help, too. it's getting to that point. I already called the pastor but he's on vacation this week.  Angry

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2003, 05:54:15 PM »

Glad to know I have helped you.

Blakceyepeas and I concur, you should to confront her. Have the pastor and/or the elders mediate. Be strong, you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength.  I normally try not to directly quote verse, but take notes of this:

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. ‘

2 Timothy 2:1 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Paul is saying, be strong, God will give you when you need to be strong, just use it. Also, see 1 Corinthians Chapter 6. I don’t have time to look this up, but I think this passage talks about the Church judging dispute between believers. If someone protests you trying to confront her before the Leaders of the Church, tell them about what Paul says who the Church should settle these kinds of disputes.

And wait till the pastor comes back, you don’t want her to hear about this to soon, and give her a chance to regroup and plot against you more. Your going to have the think strategically, don’t do anything that could be misconstrued as an attack till you have a chance to work everything out with just you and the pastor.

Good luck and God bless.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2003, 09:10:02 PM »

Agreed; I just hope everyone else does things according to scripture, too. We'll know soon enough what God has decreed to happen in this situation. It seems there's some spiritual warfare involved. Not liking this.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2003, 08:45:22 PM »

Agreed; I just hope everyone else does things according to scripture, too. We'll know soon enough what God has decreed to happen in this situation. It seems there's some spiritual warfare involved. Not liking this.

Yes, I don't blame you.  I've been in some of those situations; remember not liking it at all.  But prayer is the mainstay.  "Let not your heart be troubled.  Ye believe in God; believe also in me." John...

In fact, if we aren't in some kind of warfare, um....

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2003, 11:05:35 PM »

Symphony, thank you for your encouragement. It means a lot. Very true; if we're in a war, we'll be fighting. By showing me Jesus's words, you remind me of the precious One I'm fighting for. Thank you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the