Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Choose Joy!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Choose Joy!  (Read 1067 times)
holypursuit

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2007, 06:14:55 AM »

Read: Acts 16:16-31               Choose Joy!

“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.”
Isa.61:10

Paul and Silas were beaten and thrown into jail for preaching the gospel.  They were held in an inner prison and their feet were fastened in stocks. This situation could have easily depressed and discouraged the two men but instead, they decided to worship God. They began to pray and sing so loudly, that the other prisoners could hear them. They chose to set their mind on God rather than their circumstances. God responded with a great earthquake that shook the foundations of the prison and broke off the chains that held the prisoners and unlocked the prison doors   

When God’s children begin to praise Him in the midst of difficulties, they position themselves for a blessing from God. Troubles are a reminder of the overcoming power of Jesus. They are an opportunity to give thanks and praise to God because nothing can happen to us which Jesus has not been victorious over. Jesus said “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” John 16:33. In Christ, we too can experience the victory that He has provided. Thanks giving and worship shifts our focus from ourselves to God. “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content” Phil.4:11

When we praise God despite our circumstances, others also begin to notice. Our praise and worship of God can bring deliverance not just for us, but for others also. With joy comes strength and we are able to ‘stand’ in times of affliction. We are to count it as joy when trials befall us. What do you focus on when troubles come? When we focus on Jesus we will find strength to go on. When Peter walked on the water, as long as he focused on Jesus he was able to keep walking but when he looked away he began to sink. We need to remind ourselves to keep our eyes on Jesus. Keep His word in our heart and continue to walk faithfully in the way He is leading us. “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross...” Heb.12:2

God desires that we are joyful every day. He is the one who has prepared our day for us. “This is the day that the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it”. Enjoy the goodness of the Lord everyday!  We should think on all that He has done for us and praise Him no matter what comes our way. “For this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”Neh.8:10   
A joyful person is one who is full of thanksgiving and gratitude. We can offer a sacrifice of praise continually, because of Jesus. “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.” Heb.13:15 Jesus has paid the price for us to be filled with joy. “To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;” He has made a full provision for us to be joyful, the choice is ours. Will we choose to live in joy? “Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.” Isa.12:3

A joyful person will experience health and healing. When we have an attitude of praise even our countenance will be changed. “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance:”Prov.15:1 What is written on our face? Can people see the joy of the Lord? We live in a world where many are hurting and hopeless and we do have the answer in Jesus, may we share His joy with others even as it radiates in our lives. We can be helpers of others joy. “Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.” 2Cor.1:24

May we continue living in the joy of the Lord! Amen!

"These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.”   
                                           John 15:11

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the