Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:19:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286829 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Just joined today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just joined today  (Read 1315 times)
Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2005, 05:42:27 AM »

I am really glad I found this site.  I like the format of forums where we can go to check various topics without having our email boxes cluttered with topics not of interest.

My husband and I are missionaries in Asia.  We are trying to build relationships so more house churches can be formed.  Many are coming to know the Lord right here in our little town.  Learning the language is extremely difficult, so we are being realistic that most witnessing has to happen with those who know some basic English or when we have a friend translate.  Prayers appreciated.

We certainly miss our family and friends in the US, but we know that God wants us here.  Our country only has about 1 % who proclaim to know Jesus.  Much work is needed.  Only God can bring the increase.

Thanks for letting me join.  I already find the discussions encouraging.  

...all things were created by Him and for Him...Col. 1:16
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 10:15:19 AM »

Welcome to the forum, Butterflies. My prayers will be with you,

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 12:47:14 PM »

Hello, and welcome to the forum, Butterflies. My prayers will be with you as well.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 11:16:51 PM »

Hello Butterflies,

WELCOME!!

It's great to have you with us. I'm positive that many of us would love to hear about your work and challenges that you face each day. I have many missionaries in my family all over the world, but none of them have gone to Asia yet.

We would love to hear your prayer requests so we can know how to better pray for you.

In the meantime, I will be praying that God watches over you and blesses your ministry.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 5:7-9 NASB  for we walk by faith, not by sight--we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 11:33:10 PM »

I am really glad I found this site.  I like the format of forums where we can go to check various topics without having our email boxes cluttered with topics not of interest.

My husband and I are missionaries in Asia.  We are trying to build relationships so more house churches can be formed.  Many are coming to know the Lord right here in our little town.  Learning the language is extremely difficult, so we are being realistic that most witnessing has to happen with those who know some basic English or when we have a friend translate.  Prayers appreciated.

We certainly miss our family and friends in the US, but we know that God wants us here.  Our country only has about 1 % who proclaim to know Jesus.  Much work is needed.  Only God can bring the increase.

Thanks for letting me join.  I already find the discussions encouraging.  

Hello Butterflies,

Welcome to CU.  We're glad you found us.  Hope your stay here will be blessed.  I will remember you and your husband in my prayers.

Your handle (post name) just reminded me that I saw a Monarch butterfly a few days ago.  It's the first one I've seen in years.  They are soooo beautiful.

Grace and peace,
cris

Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 08:36:08 AM »

Thank you for your welcome and your interest in our work here.  Currently, it is "Ghost Month" where folks are actually setting up food sacrifices to their gods and burning "spirit money" so their dead relatives will have money in the afterlife.  There is much oppression in our area and many temples to idols all around.  It is so much like the Old Testament stories.

This religion is engrained into the culture.  It is difficult to break through, but certainly not impossible with our God.  We are just now this year seeing people come to God.  So many don't want to the first in their families and fear isolation from their relatives and guilt from not taking care of dead relatives.

We are teaching English as a way to get to know people.  We are socializing and just being friends with them first.  Like I said in another post on witnessing, Luke 10 is our guide, of wishing them peace, asking God to answer their prayers, etc.  

We'd appreciate prayers that the people we are witnessing to this week will have open hearts and be willing to accept Christ.  New converts need boldness too.  

In His service...

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 09:46:08 AM »

Hello Butterflies,

You've made me very curious. Is the dominant religion there Buddhist? I was also wondering if you are working in a country that is known for persecution of Christians. I am a subscriber to Voice of the Martyrs, and I read many stories about Christians being beaten, tortured, put in prison, and even killed in many countries. I'm really hoping that you aren't in a country like that, but I understand those who feel lead to serve in such dangerous circumstances.

Even absent danger, serving is a challenge of a magnitude that few could imagine. Just the language and cultural differences would require tremendous patience and a lot of time.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Acts 10:34-35 NASB  Opening his mouth, Peter said: "I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him.

Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 09:08:31 PM »

No, we are in an area that will let us openly share our faith.  Currently, we are not in danger of persecution such as that.   I can't imagine being called to such an area.  

Most people are either Buddist or Taoist.  

Voice of the M. is  a great publication.  A few years ago, I was in a Sunday School class in the states, where the teacher said, "Well, of course, people aren't persecuted nowadays for their faith."  I spoke right up and said, "Oh yes, they are."  I directed him to that publication.

Appreciate the prayers.  

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 10:32:11 PM »

Hello Butterflies,

I'm glad to hear that you are living in a country of relative safety so that you can worry about saving souls instead of staying alive.

Regardless, I will still be praying for you and your ministry.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 16:3 NASB  Commit your works to the LORD And your plans will be established.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the